Portable Reloading Stand

@queenbee has a portable set up that works. Iirc its a grinder stand. Probably a less expensive option that gets the job done. There's a thread here somewhere

Platinum Series Reloading Stand | Frankford Arsenal

Just trying to get into reloading 9mm. Anyone use this before? Looking for a portable stand as space is limited. Was really interested in the C4M3ron table top reloader but cant find it anywhere online as company went out. Or if someone can make one around North Shore MA let me know!

Doesn't look very stable, like it might topple over once you pull on the handle
4 legs are better than 2

Just trying to get into reloading 9mm. Anyone use this before? Looking for a portable stand as space is limited. Was really interested in the C4M3ron table top reloader but cant find it anywhere online as company went out. Or if someone can make one around North Shore MA let me know!
Lets see your space you think your going to load in. im sure a solution is not far away. Some ideas here below
My little set up is like that CM43 thing. I can screw it to a wall or clamp it to a table.

Last edited:

Heres a few Ideas

That bench you posted although "portable" looks like it takes up a good amount of space.

Do you have a area your going to load in?
Often with very limited space the most compact way is bolting your press to a piece of 3/4" ( i prefer doubling up ) plywood and clamping it to a table or counter.
The lee stand works ok for not bolting it down.
Grinder stands work well. You can run a few lag bolts down to make it sturdy.

Harbor Freight has what you need. It is where i got my stand fromUniversal Bench Grinder Stand

Don’t want to pry, but how do you work on less than 8”x8”? I’m in an apartment and want to get in to reloading (bad time, obviously) and space is very limited.

Edit- found your photo in the linked threads. That’s more speed! How do you organize components/materials?

Go to Home Depot. There's probably a couple dozen different types of portable, sturdy workbenches that are cheaper than that one.

This. Or just build one with scrap lumber, and use the $180 you saved to buy a dozen primers.

Another thought, my friend did this.
A corner cabinet entertainment center. Its reinforced on the inside and he designed it in such a way everything stores under side. i dont have pictures but it was pretty slick. Especially for someone whos NOT handy with tools.

I bought a nice tool chest, removed the wheels and put the press on a stand so I could move it back. Works great and has plenty of storage that can be locked to comply with stupid laws.

Get a 4x4x8 and some 3/4” Baltic birch and make your own if you have the tools. That’s what I’m going to do this winter since I’ve taken all my reloading stuff down in an attempt to redo the whole layout. I only need it for my Lee turret press as my MECs have the required clearance.

Get a 4x4x8 and some 3/4” Baltic birch and make your own if you have the tools. That’s what I’m going to do this winter since I’ve taken all my reloading stuff down in an attempt to redo the whole layout. I only need it for my Lee turret press as my MECs have the required clearance.
No fancy baltic plywood but thats what i did. i finally bought some T track for the bench top so i can mount/remove items easier. First i need to make a shelf to hold my presses and gear not in use.

Go to Home Depot. There's probably a couple dozen different types of portable, sturdy workbenches that are cheaper than that one.

This. I have an older Black and Decker 400 series workmate i got off craigslist fro $35.00. Took the top off(Saved the bits) and replaced it with a plywood top I made. It has sides, and a small shelf on the back. Works a treat. I've even taken it to the range to work up rifle loads. When I lived in an apartment it was my reloading bench. I could take it down (Still folded up), after removing the toolhead from my 550, and put it my front hallway storage.

Everything is set up! I tried to seat the bullet but its OAL is way too short! Not sure if i should stop when i feel it seat or have ram raise all the way up...
Re read your die set up instructions.
Which die set
Which press

Last edited:
Everything is set up! I tried to seat the bullet but its OAL is way too short! Not sure if i should stop when i feel it seat or have ram raise all the way up...
As mac said definitely read the die instructions again. You’ll want to have the bullet seated to the desired OAL when the ram is raised to the highest position.

As mac said definitely read the die instructions again. You’ll want to have the bullet seated to the desired OAL when the ram is raised to the highest position.
Also NOTE on some presses the ram is not at its highest point of travel with the “handle” all the way down.

Uncrew the seating stem (or whatever it is called all the way.

Raise the ram all the way up.

Screw until you feel it stop because it is touching the bullet.

Lower the ram and give it 1/4 turn. Raise the ram, lower and measure. If it is too long, screw a little more, raise the ram again and so on until you have your OAL.

That is how 99% of seating does are adjusted. If it also crimps, there is an additional step to get the crimp you want. Dies are usually cheap enough, I like to buy two seating/crimping and use one for seating and one for crimping. I prefer two steps.

I'm assuming its lee dies. Sometimes a visual helps.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6g9r_JibQA

Or just punch in "Adjusting Brand A dies in Press X"
Side note- Remember to take into account any shell plate flex. Once you have brass in all stations, re-measure the first few completed rounds to double check its where you want things to be.

Back
Top Bottom