• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Portable Battery Accepting Two-Prong Plu

I'm looking for a portable battery to run a nebulizer during a power outage. Need it for two nebulizer sessions per day, each lasting approximately 15 minutes.

If possible, I'd like it to accept an AC two-prong plug and be capable of being recharged via a wall socket once power is restored.

Any recommendations?

Last edited:
You could always use a car battery, charger, and inverter. Costco sells something like what you're talking about, but I need max input current of your device to recommend anything specific.

a good sinewave output UPS?, do you have to carry it. UPS are typically sized for 15min, VA of unit must be greater that Nebulizer also expect 10-12 hour recharge to 100% with anything lead acid or NICAD

if this is similar to nebulizers i've used, it's just a small air pump. I would not expect the signal cleanliness to matter and the draw is low. ups would be perfect. i have also recommended the harbor freight booster back with the battery to a friend that runs liquid pumps outdoors. that worked great too. and cheap.

my nebulizers have a 9 volt battery back up. I survived 4 days visiting my sister when they had a power outage mid way thru my first day there. did 5-6 usages daily on that one battery. just swapped it out for my fresh spare battery when I got home but it still had life.

Buy a UPS -Uninterruptible Power Supply. They’re designed for this. The Nebulizer manufacturer may even have recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom