• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pop Up Ads - Full Screen

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Is anyone else having problems with full screen ads popping up when you try move to a different page?

you must have clicked "yes" to that damn ad pop up that started appearing soon after the last software upgrade.

We do not run any ads except the banner ads on the top of the screen. If you are receiving full screen ads, your computer is likely infected with some sort of malware.

you must have clicked "yes" to that damn ad pop up that started appearing soon after the last software upgrade.

The notifications request at the bottom of the page is definitely not the culprit here - you can just click no once and never see that again.

It may be more of a Google problem than anything else. It's just that I am on NES so much that I see it more often here.

I'm going to stand by the fact that you likely have some sort of malware problem - full screen popups are generally not used by any legitimate advertiser.

I'm going to stand by the fact that you likely have some sort of malware problem - full screen popups are generally not used by any legitimate advertiser.

Would this be something an anti-virus program should catch?

Would this be something an anti-virus program should catch?

Entirely depends - some are better than others. There are a lot of specialized tools for removing malware/spyware that do a much better job than an all-purpose anti-virus.

I would suggest malwarebytes: Malwarebytes Download - Free Virus Scan & Virus Protection Tool or superantispyware: SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition

Note that the free versions of both of these are more than adequate for scanning/removing spyware - you do NOT need to purchase the premium subscriptions.

Back
Top Bottom