Poor boy ar45 acp scratch build.

How did you know it wasn't going to extract early?

Bolt weight matches Mac10 and spring is from Mac 10.
I could of run a lighter spring .main thing on blow back is bolt weight . 9mm 1.5 lbs 45 2lbs.

Spring rate and the force needed to cock the hammer add to it, so you can go lighter . It comes down to trial and error when you want to go lighter .
Lighter would make it a higher rate of fire in full auto. But open bolts can even be lighten then closed bolt do to the bolt still moving forwards as te round goes off.

Tungsten carbide has a high mass then lead so you can use bits to add weight.

Ump 45 uses carbide dust inside the bolt to act like a dead blow to stop bolt bounce .

You're gonna paint it pink right?

Looks awesome though man

Has she started marking your s#!t yet or is she waiting until 30 days passes?

You know you will just have to build her one, why don't you just give this to her already?

Has she started marking your s#!t yet or is she waiting until 30 days passes?

You know you will just have to build her one, why don't you just give this to her already?

She probably could make her own she's good like that .
But she did make me bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers last night .
d3c4c3269481d460c170992e172fa1a4.jpg

awesome build Ben! great photos and all! Also nice job with welding aluminum!
Thanks for your help with the ejector comrade .

Looks like she is trying to put some meat on your bones

It's her diet fat and protein no carbs. I don't get it but man those where good.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help with the ejector comrade .

It's her diet fat and protein no carbs. I don't get it but man those where good.

It's not as silly as it sounds. The purpose is to limit sugar intake as the body breaks down carbs into sugar it makes sense to limit them.

The problem is that carbs taste so good...

I don't know if the readers of this thread realize the work that goes into something like this? My guess it took the OP months to get this done or longer. Just the tool sourcing and changes is a huge amount of work. Layout and planning, then the chipping itself. HUGE WORK!!

Nice job!!!

I don't know if the readers of this thread realize the work that goes into something like this? My guess it took the OP months to get this done or longer. Just the tool sourcing and changes is a huge amount of work. Layout and planning, then the chipping itself. HUGE WORK!!

Nice job!!!

Month and half From start to finish .
Snow delays and lack of funds made it take that long.
If I had a Lpk, buttstock kit, mac10 recoil spring and extractor bits and a rail extrusion on hand I could of done it in a week end.

Lower 2-3 hours upper 2 hours . Bolt 2 hours.
Fitting 1-2 hours.
I didn't really plan a lot of it out. I just took bits of info from ar15 upper and lower prints. And made shit up as I went . I'm still working on the chamber feed ramp. I wish I made the barrel held on like a ar barrel vs a ak barrel lol. It's really is just a prototype for another build I'm doing. I'm making a normal ar45 upper like the 9mm ones .
I wanted to make sure I could get it to run on a short recoil setup for the bullpup Im gonna make .

I'll have it running soon good soon tho . Main hold up is range time .

Few nes guys got to check it out last night. Every one can't believe how light it is lol .

If I could safely fire .45 acp in my house Id be done all ready lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom