• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pony clamps Jorgensen clamps

radioman

NES Member
If you use or like these clamps order them while they last. The Pony tool Co has just ceased all manufacturing operations with no plans on restructure. Facts are few but from what I've been able to find my info is good. If you use these clamps care for them very well as the lifetime warranty is no more with no company left to support it. Say good by to another great American tool Co. After 113 years in business their gone. I hope the employees can find work in these tough times.

RIP Pony[sad2]

No doubt Lowes or Home Depot will come up with some 99% plastic Chinese copy built to a price point.

I resurrected this thread to let people know that the Pony/Jorgensen brand
has been picked up by the GreatStar Industrial Tool company based in Hangzhou China.
The “new products” will coming on the market soon.
I feel for the Chicago workers who lost life long jobs.
No plans have been made to continue manufacturing in Chicago.

As much as i like tools , theres not a huge demand for many hand tools these days.
These clamps can be found at yard sales cheap these days.
I just picked up 2 small wood clamps for $2 each and a few pip clamp ends that need some rust removal.
Heck even home depot tool department is horrible now.
One here in plymouth did not have a single air nailer ?

:mad:
As much as i like tools , theres not a huge demand for many hand tools these days.
These clamps can be found at yard sales cheap these days.
I just picked up 2 small wood clamps for $2 each and a few pip clamp ends that need some rust removal.
Heck even home depot tool department is horrible now.
One here in plymouth did not have a single air nailer ?

I’m going to start looking for a cliff to jump off!

I don’t want to ponder a world without tools!:mad:[angry][crying][devil2] Say it isn’t so?

Sarcasm, don’t anyone call the crisis hot line!

:mad:

I’m going to start looking for a cliff to jump off!

I don’t want to ponder a world without tools!:mad:[angry][crying][devil2] Say it isn’t so?

Sarcasm, don’t anyone call the crisis hot line!
not so much "with out tools" just not many out buying clamps these days.... Just the tool business as a whole seems to be tanking. Heck we don't even see the tool trucks any more at the shop.

not so much "with out tools" just not many out buying clamps these days.... Just the tool business as a whole seems to be tanking. Heck we don't even see the tool trucks any more at the shop.

The Three Represents in full effect.

Can't sell tools to people who don't make it; it's made "somewhere else".

Can't sell tools who people who don't repair it; it's thrown away when it breaks, and replaced.

Can't sell tools to people who won't buy them; they already bought tools from "somewhere else".

Can't sell tools to people whose tools broke; they just buy the cheap replacements from "somewhere else".

Sure, there's plenty of people making CERTAIN things and repairing CERTAIN things here, but overall it's less and less... how many tool manufacturers can survive? Automotive, heavy equipment, transportation, utilities, homes, sure. What about the rest of the manufacturing and repair industries? "Somewhere else".

Back
Top Bottom