• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Polymer80 Products

built on a p80 lower, seeing no issues. not seeing the play in the trigger/hammer pin holes as reported above. don't have a ton of rounds through it, maybe 4500 just blasting away to see how it would hold up. for what it's role is, just a back-up, it's tight as a drum. something about a polymer lower appealed to me. no experience with any other products they put. would i buy another? probably not, i don't need to do another. this was just a see if i could do it kind of thing.

Less than happy with poly AR-15 lowers. Don't waste your money on them.

Attachments

• IMG_1024.JPG
    IMG_1024.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1025.JPG
    IMG_1025.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1026.JPG
    IMG_1026.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 77
I don't like poly for AR15 lowers, regardless of who makes them.

I built a V2 Poly80 pseudo-Glock and I'm quite pleased with it. I've run both the upper from my Glock and my mech-tech on it. The V2 has the rear-rail insert which is a big change from the first version.

I milled out a G19 P80 frame and was surprised by how easy it was. I still need to pick up a slide for it, but I had minimal issues with building out the lower. I picked up a full size frame a while ago when they were on sale. Haven't worked on that one yet.

The interesting thing about plastic lowers is that you can literally produce them in your garage for pennies. Boris did a wonderful thread on this and I was given the opportunity to see the process for myself. I'm hoping this summer is calm enough that I can experiment with various plastics and see if I can produce a shooting firearm using these techniques.

I might start off with a Polymer 80 lower as a dry run and then recreate with my own molds.

If I can produce receivers for literally $0.10 each I frankly don't care if they only last 1,000 rounds or less. Just cast them 10 or 20 at a time and toss them in the wood stove when they break (after stripping the working parts, of course).

what brand was it???? i had, and since sold, an ATI OMNI 2nd gen reinforced with about 250 rounds before i sold it. no issues

I believe it was an EP Armory. I broke 3 of their lowers using an PSA upper. Ran great for about 500 rounds then broke same area all three times. Was told by them that PSA uppers were not on their list of known compatible uppers.

Less than happy with poly AR-15 lowers. Don't waste your money on them.
oh shit! nasty....

mine, a poly80. only one thing i didn't like...the walls are thick so the takedown pin doesn't carry fully on through to the other side. polymer80 would like you to purchase one of their longer takedown pins. you can see it in the photo if you look closely. i didn't know that until after the build.
20140819_170136.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom