Polymer80 Kidon pistol conversion kit

mikeyp

NES Member
Fits a bunch of stuff depending on what adapter you use

Polymer80 - Kidon™ Pistol Conversion Kit - Kidon

blackkidon1.jpg

INTRODUCING The Kidon™ Pistol Conversion Kit. The kit converts your Polymer80 PF940v2, PF940CL, and the PF940C into a rifle format using an Arm Brace (sold separately) or your choice butt stock. This system is unique to the US Market because it fits over 100 pistols such as SIG SAUER, GLOCK, CZ and many more, depending on the installed adapter.

Over 100 Different Pistols and counting fit in the Kidon™ system (see below to find your pistol adapter). In order to change between different pistol manufacturers, there is a simple interchangeable adapter located in the rear of the Kidon™.

UNIQUE FEATURES:

• Kidon™ is ambidextrous and can be modified for right and left-handed shooters by easily adjusting the charging handle.
  • Reduced Recoil Smart Shock Absorber Technology Built Into Rear of Kidon™ System.
  • Ergonomic Design Provides the Ultimate Stability and Accurate Shooting Results.
  • Kidon™ Includes an Ergonomic Front Angle Grip
  • Picatinny Rails at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock Positions, for Mounting Sights, Optics, Tactical Lights, Lasers, Grips and other Accessories.
  • Kidon™ was Tested and Proven with High Results in Very Rough Conditions, Snow, Water, Dust, and Mud. - Tested in Israel shooting 15,000 Rounds of 9mm and 5,000 Rounds of .45 Caliber Ammo without any Issues or Damage to the Kidon™.
  • The Kidon™ is selling worldwide to Military Forces, Tactical Teams, Large Weapon Manufacturers and Civilian Personal Defense (IMI Defense is the Manufacturer)

Polymer80, Inc. is the exclusive US National Distributor for the Kidon™. Designed, tested and manufactured in Israel by IMI Defense.

KIT CONTENTS:

• Kidon™ Universal Pistol Conversion Stock System
  • IMI Defense FSG1 Front Support Grip
  • 3 Point Allen key (used for tuning adjustments on the system)
  • Rifle Shock Absorbing Sling
  • QD Port
  • Owner’s Manual
  • OPTICS: Flip up sights NOT included. Highly recommend configuring this system with TruGlo or Vortex Red Dot Sights, (sold separately below)
  • STOCK AND BUFFER TUBE: NOT included. Recommend configuring this system with KAK Shockwave and buffer tube (no buffer spring or buffer is required) or Strike Industry's Brace, (sold separately below). You only need the Arm Brace and Buffer Tube (no buffer spring or buffer is needed for the Kidon™).
AVAILABLE ADAPTERS (kit comes with K18 pre-installed):

• K1: Glock 17/19/20/22/23/25/29/30/31/32/36/38/ (Gen 4 & Gen 5 Compatible as well), with rails Honor guard HG9SCLSMST / HG9SCLS Adapters NOT available for Glock 40 & 17L
  • K2: CZ 75 With rails, 2075 Rami
  • K3: CZ 75 Duty, P-07, P-09, P-09 .22 LR,SP-01 Shadow 1 , Shadow 2, 75 01 Omega
  • K4: Jericho Steel Frame with Picatinny rail, Fits all lengths
  • K4S: Jericho Steel Frame without Picatinny rail (adapter provided), Fits all lengths
  • K5: Jericho Polymer frame – Fits all lengths, also fits Sig Sauer P320 X Five (front sight must be removed)
  • K6: Sig Sauer P226, P226 MK25, P226 Nitron, 227, 229, SP2022
  • K7: Sig Sauer P250, P320 (all lengths), 220 fits also Grand Power ST 380 | Q1 |XCALIBUR | K100 MK12 | P1 MK12 | P11 | K22 X-TRIM MK12 | K22 MK12 | Q100, Tanfoglio Force Police
  • K8: H&K P-2000 FS
  • K9: Beretta 92-A1, 96-A1, M9-A1
  • K10: Beretta PX-4
  • K11: S&W M&P, M&P Pro 5” also fits Canik MC28 SA | MC 28 SAC | MC 28 .40SA | MC 28 SAS Glock 21/34/35/41
  • K12: Springfield XD / HS2000
  • K13: FN FNP9, FNX Also fit 1911 wide tail (disables rear safety)
  • K14: H&K USP Compact Also fits S&W M&P 2.0 * Comes with an adapter to the front USP accessory Rail.
  • K15: FN 5.7.
  • K16: Walther PPQ 5″, 4″; 9mm/.40/.45 Calibers.
  • K17: H&K USP FS 9mm/.40/.45 * Comes with an adapter to the front USP accessory Rail.
  • K18: Polymer 80 Frames PF940v2 80% – Standard | PF940Cv1 80% – Compact | PF940CL 80% – Compact Long Frame | PFC9 Compact Pistol Frame (serialized) | PFS9 Standard Pistol Frame (serialized).
  • K19: 1911 with narrow beaver tail (Colt 1911 original) also fit medium width beavertail * Rear safety can be enabled.

Quick question maybe a bit stupid on my part but are any of these things legal in mass like the new fluxdefense or something like that

I want one. I haven't bought one, but I wouldn't mind one lol

I might try it if it was free. Then again I might also just take the free thing and just sell it, that way I have plausible deniability about whether its crap or not.

These things remind me of .22 LR conversion kits, conversion barrels, piston AR conversion kits and other similar hokum foisted on the gun industry... none of it really useful but makes someone money... [laugh]

-Mike

Can someone tell me which ones are legal because I was just on fluxdefense website and they don’t ship to mass

The reason I ask my cousin lives in Arlington and he swears there all illegal and I keep telling him that I don’t think so

It is like the Roni, if you don't put a stock, but a brace, it's a pistol

The Kidon Conversion Kit - The Tip of the Spear | The Loadout Room

The name Kidon may not mean much to those of us outside of Israel. However, in Hebrew Kidon means bayonet or tip of the spear, and more than that Kidon is a department of the Mossad. Specifically, Kidon is the branch of the Mossad in charge of executions of opponents. It’s one helluva name for IMI Defense’s pistol to carbine conversion kit. I love these pistol to carbine conversion style kits, and this particular one is quite impressive. I love the Micro Roni, the KPOS G2, and KPOS Scout, but the Kidon is genuinely different.

20180805_0839572-1024x576.jpg

The Kidon is not bound to one weapon. These kits are designed around one handgun. The Kidon can be used with multiple guns with different adapters and some small adjustments to the base unit. I like my Glocks and pistol to carbine kits are widely available for them, but what about my CZ P09, my Glock, or even my 1911? Well, the Kidon can handle all of them. Swap the adapter out, make some quick adjustments and you are good to go.

20180805_0946352-e1533667538629-1024x576.jpg

What Exactly is the Kidon?
Before we dive too deep into the review, let’s take a look at what the Kidon system is. Of course its a pistol to carbine conversion kit. It’s not a proper conversion because unless you go the NFA route, you cannot equip the gun with a stock. Instead, you can attach a pistol stabilizing brace as I have. This allows you to support the weapon for comfortable shooting.

The Kidon is made mostly of polymer and features some metal reinforcements where necessary. You get an excellent long rail for adding an optic as well as two side rails for attaching accessories like flashlights.

20180805_083827-1024x576.jpg

The system comes complete with a set of folding sights, as well as an angled foregrip, and you can swap the charging to left or right-handed use.

20180805_083827-1024x576.jpg

The foregrip is very well made and very comfortable in hand. It’s angled, so it’s kosher to be on a pistol according to the ATF. This model is the IMI Defense FSG1 Front Support Grip.

20180805_0840022-1024x576.jpg

The sights are also quite fantastic. They can be used in two different ways. When stood up they work as traditional iron sights. They are very AR like, but require no tools to make adjustments. The rear sight has a large and beautiful peep sight hole.

20180805_094046-1024x576.jpg

When the sights are folded, they can be used as rapid iron sights. The rear sight has two small nubs, and the front sight has a small numb, and together they function like open handgun sights.

The complete kit comes with a nice carrying case, as well as a sling, and the tools needed to make adjustments to fit different guns.

20180805_094901-1024x576.jpg

Gun Compatibility
Just to get this out of the way the Kidon is compatible with tons of guns. You just need the correct aftermarket adapter. The adapters are numbered K1 through K13. Here is the list of compatible adapters and guns.

K1: Glock 17/19/20/22/23/25/29/30/31/32/36/38 (Gen 4 & Gen 5 Compatible as well), with rails, Honor guard HG9SCLSMST / HG9SCLS
K2: CZ 75 With rails, 2075 Rami
K3: CZ 75 Duty, P-07, P-09, P-09 .22 LR,SP-01 Shadow 1 , Shadow 2, 75 01 Omega
K4: Jericho Steel Frame with Picatinny rail, Fits all lengths
K4S: Jericho Steel Frame without Picatinny rail (adapter provided), Fits all lengths
K5: Jericho Polymer frame – Fits all lengths, also fits Sig Sauer P320 X Five (front sight must be removed)

K6: Sig Sauer P226, P226 MK25, P226 Nitron, 227, 229, SP2022
K7: Sig Sauer P250, P320 (all lengths), 220 fits also Grand Power ST 380 | Q1 | XCALIBUR | K100 MK12 | P1 MK12 | P11 | K22 X-TRIM MK12 | K22 MK12 | Q100, Tanfoglio Force Police
K8: H&K P-2000 FS
K9: Beretta 92-A1, 96-A1, M9-A1
K10: Beretta PX-4, APX

K11: S&W M&P, M&P Pro 5” also fits Canik MC28 SA | MC 28 SAC | MC 28 .40SA | MC 28 SAS Glock 21/34/35/37/41
K12: Springfield XD / HS2000
K13: FN FNP9, FNX Fit 1911 (disables the rear safety)

Putting it Together
My first complaint is the lack of solid instructions. IMI Defense could undoubtedly update their instructions. I spent quite some time trying to figure the system out, and I finally reached out to their customer service. They gave me some advice, and I was rocking and rolling shortly after.

There are three primary areas you need to understand to fit your pistol correctly. The first is the rear plate. The Kidon breaks into two pieces a back and front section. The rear part is where the different adapter plates are fitted. Its a quick screw and reattachment of a plate that takes just a few minutes to swap out. You can also adjust the tension here to ensure the rear of the weapon is fitted correctly.

20180805_0835042-1024x576.jpg

There are two adjustments you may need to make sure to fit your gun to the Kidon system correctly. The first is the flash suppressor, loosen the Allen screws and extend the flash suppressor forward as need be to fit the weapon.

20180805_0834422-1024x576.jpg

Next, look to the charging handle. It can be extended and retracted as necessary. Do so until your gun fits.

20180805_0835182-1024x576.jpg

Different guns need different adjustments so be patient and make sure the gun fits the system. I adjusted the system to my CZ P09, my RIA 22 TCM double stack 1911, and my Glock 17. This wide variety of guns all required me to make small adjustments here and there to ensure proper fit and reliable function.

On the Range
I enjoy these kits because I often upgrade and customize my handguns. The Glock wears a Suarez trigger, as well as a Suarez NPE firing pin. The trigger pull is smooth and fantastic. The CZ P09 rocks a Cajun custom internals and has a buttery smooth trigger. I can toss a handgun into a kit like this and keep those upgrades and controls I’m used to.

20180805_082355-1024x576.jpg

On the range, my favorite gun to run in the Kidon was the CZ P09. I’m biased though because it is one of my favorite handguns anyway. I like the DA/SA action to it. Running it in the Kidon was an absolute blast.

IMG_20180805_082852.8722-1024x442.jpg

I was entirely accurate with it out to 50 yards and has issues rining my good steel popper. With man-sized targets, I could place shots in the chest, head, and pelvic area with tedious regularity. Groups were one ragged hole as I spent mag after mag of 9mm at the 10, 15, 20, and 25 yards lines.

The same goes for the Glock and RIA 22 TCM. Accuracy and effective range were multiplied significantly. I can make 50-yard shots with a handgun sure, but I can’t do it as fast and accurately as I have been doing with the Kidon. It goes from a challenge built on focus and fundamentals to something as simple as sight picture and press.

20180805_0904012-1024x537.jpg

Contol is another thing the Kidon gives you over a standard pistol. You can easily control the weapon when it comes to rapid fire, much more so than a pistol. The addition of a stabilizing brace and an overall more massive package make this a sweet and easy to control system.

Ergos
Most of the ergos will be your gun’s already inherent ergonomics. I will say the placement of the side rails is perfect for a pistol light like the TLR-1 series. It’s straightforward to reach via thumb. The forward angled grip is very comfortable, and I may order a few for some other guns I have. The side charging handle is also well placed, and so far of the kits, I’ve used this is my favorite charging handle.

20180805_094056-1024x576.jpg

Reliability
Anything universal that requires fitting is going to take a little practice to ensure reliable function. Making the right adjustments is necessary to ensure the system will be reliable if you are swapping guns. I had to make a ton of tweaks between the Glock and Rock Island Armory 22 TCM.

20180805_0941392-1024x576.jpg

Of the three guns I ran the only issues I ran into was with the 22 TCM and it’s ambi safeties. It should be noted that the Kidon is compatible with 1911s, but this particular 1911 is far from ordinary. It’s a double stack gun with ambi safeties. If I didn’t pull the gun in tight as I fired the slide would strike the rear plate. Also due to the bulk and ambi safeties, the RIA was tough to get in there.

20180805_0919562-1024x576.jpg

The Glock 17 and CZ P09 ran flawlessly. The Kidon features a considerable ejection port the is an entirely open top design. This allows a variety of guns with a variety of ejection patterns to function without issue.

20180805_0836522-1024x576.jpg

I could reach the controls on all three guns with ease and eject magazines, decock the CZ, and use the manual safety of the RIA 1911. Controls aren’t compromised in any way.

Parting Shots
The Kidon is an exciting piece of kit. It’s use of AR stocks and tubes make it easy to adapt to a non-NFA configuration as well as add accessories like folding stock adapters. The kit is well built and easy to use. The instruction manual certainly needs to be more in depth, but IMI was quick to respond to inquiries.

20180805_082501-1024x576.jpg

A kit like this could be used for a wide variety of purposes. You could take a Glock 80 lower from polymer 80, mill it out and finish the build into a unique and off the books PCC. Or you could turn a wide variety of handguns in PCC platforms, or just huge pistols, easy to stabilize guns.

The Kidon’s cost is exceeded by its value in my eyes. The ability to convert so many different guns into a more effective platform is worth it to me. Finding one of these kits for a Glock is simple, but finding one for a CZ, and a Glock, and a 1911, and a SIG P226, and, well, you get the point. It might not be for everyone, but it’s for me.

Well....

If you have to ask.

You live in Mass.

Then the answer is obvious.

LOL
I actually live in NH and I just purchased the fluxdefense for my Glock and my cousin wanted to buy one but the website said no shipping to mass so I was just asking if it was legal in mass

I actually live in NH and I just purchased the fluxdefense for my Glock and my cousin wanted to buy one but the website said no shipping to mass so I was just asking if it was legal in mass
Don’t know.
I’m moving out so sadly, sort of.... don’t care.
I’ve paid many $$$$ for our rights. Still do. I laid my path over 25 years ago. Right. Wrong. Indifferent. I mapped it and I’m not changing course. I’m too committed in the plan.
Younger people might want to really pay attention.

I see no reason that's not Mass legal, I'd say they're being dumb about it and not shipping "cuz Mass"

I seriously don't get it. It's like a whole lot of plastic put over a perfectly good and concealable pistols.

If you absolutely need a stock, front grip and more rail, stop being poor (... and sucking)

There is a reason this dude has a mask on, he probably lives in Arlington [rofl]

fa_smg_mp7_o1.jpg

Kinda cool, but $400 versus you can find a MCX for $200 WITH the stock already built in. A nice platform but a lot pricier than the competition.

(I've got an MCX. You need a Gen3-Gen5 Smallframe Glock frame in order to make it work. Nothing else works on the Glock platform. Not Gen2. Not P80's. And it does NOT fire in the folded position. And it takes a bit of work to get it in and out, so the reality is that it's more of a range-toy or something than really a swap-back-and-forth type platform.)

Lol mechtech... you mean the things everyone talks about but nobody actually buys? [rofl]

-Mike

A very good friend of mine in CT has a wooden stocked mech-tech in .45 that he loves.
I had one in 9mm for my G17; didn't need it any more because "Georgia". I sold it to him, he's got a poly80 that it runs nicely on.

The Flux Defense brace appears legal. You just need to measure it against the AWB. It seems to be completely legal to me. Flux just doesn’t want the hassle. Although, only one of their products has that disclaimer. Newer products do not, so maybe they’ve reassessed their policy and haven’t updated the old product page.

You remember all those Downfall memes in the bunker?

hitler-downfall-parody.png

Walton's family patriarch:

> This is what we need, 2 cents of injected plastic, $400 pure profit! Send envoys to our slave China factories!

> But sir, Walmart no longer sells guns to people ...

> Wut?! Who came up with this shit?!

I have mechtech, Glock 17 conversion. It's pretty retarded for a blowback and quality isn't fantastic. I had to send it back only to get it in the same condition. There is not a real point unless you have lots of spare lowers, and even then, top is too heavy for the plastic lower that was not designed for it.

On another thought, the "Kid-'on" isn't a great name either. Nova would be slightly better. I'm lost who the market is. Are there actual special forces that can't afford a real subgun that actually buying it? This is what they say, but I've never seen any with that thing on.

Fits a bunch of stuff depending on what adapter you use

Polymer80 - Kidon™ Pistol Conversion Kit - Kidon

blackkidon1.jpg

INTRODUCING The Kidon™ Pistol Conversion Kit. The kit converts your Polymer80 PF940v2, PF940CL, and the PF940C into a rifle format using an Arm Brace (sold separately) or your choice butt stock. This system is unique to the US Market because it fits over 100 pistols such as SIG SAUER, GLOCK, CZ and many more, depending on the installed adapter.

Over 100 Different Pistols and counting fit in the Kidon™ system (see below to find your pistol adapter). In order to change between different pistol manufacturers, there is a simple interchangeable adapter located in the rear of the Kidon™.

UNIQUE FEATURES:

• Kidon™ is ambidextrous and can be modified for right and left-handed shooters by easily adjusting the charging handle.
  • Reduced Recoil Smart Shock Absorber Technology Built Into Rear of Kidon™ System.
  • Ergonomic Design Provides the Ultimate Stability and Accurate Shooting Results.
  • Kidon™ Includes an Ergonomic Front Angle Grip
  • Picatinny Rails at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock Positions, for Mounting Sights, Optics, Tactical Lights, Lasers, Grips and other Accessories.
  • Kidon™ was Tested and Proven with High Results in Very Rough Conditions, Snow, Water, Dust, and Mud. - Tested in Israel shooting 15,000 Rounds of 9mm and 5,000 Rounds of .45 Caliber Ammo without any Issues or Damage to the Kidon™.
  • The Kidon™ is selling worldwide to Military Forces, Tactical Teams, Large Weapon Manufacturers and Civilian Personal Defense (IMI Defense is the Manufacturer)

Polymer80, Inc. is the exclusive US National Distributor for the Kidon™. Designed, tested and manufactured in Israel by IMI Defense.

KIT CONTENTS:

• Kidon™ Universal Pistol Conversion Stock System
  • IMI Defense FSG1 Front Support Grip
  • 3 Point Allen key (used for tuning adjustments on the system)
  • Rifle Shock Absorbing Sling
  • QD Port
  • Owner’s Manual
  • OPTICS: Flip up sights NOT included. Highly recommend configuring this system with TruGlo or Vortex Red Dot Sights, (sold separately below)
  • STOCK AND BUFFER TUBE: NOT included. Recommend configuring this system with KAK Shockwave and buffer tube (no buffer spring or buffer is required) or Strike Industry's Brace, (sold separately below). You only need the Arm Brace and Buffer Tube (no buffer spring or buffer is needed for the Kidon™).
AVAILABLE ADAPTERS (kit comes with K18 pre-installed):

• K1: Glock 17/19/20/22/23/25/29/30/31/32/36/38/ (Gen 4 & Gen 5 Compatible as well), with rails Honor guard HG9SCLSMST / HG9SCLS Adapters NOT available for Glock 40 & 17L
  • K2: CZ 75 With rails, 2075 Rami
  • K3: CZ 75 Duty, P-07, P-09, P-09 .22 LR,SP-01 Shadow 1 , Shadow 2, 75 01 Omega
  • K4: Jericho Steel Frame with Picatinny rail, Fits all lengths
  • K4S: Jericho Steel Frame without Picatinny rail (adapter provided), Fits all lengths
  • K5: Jericho Polymer frame – Fits all lengths, also fits Sig Sauer P320 X Five (front sight must be removed)
  • K6: Sig Sauer P226, P226 MK25, P226 Nitron, 227, 229, SP2022
  • K7: Sig Sauer P250, P320 (all lengths), 220 fits also Grand Power ST 380 | Q1 |XCALIBUR | K100 MK12 | P1 MK12 | P11 | K22 X-TRIM MK12 | K22 MK12 | Q100, Tanfoglio Force Police
  • K8: H&K P-2000 FS
  • K9: Beretta 92-A1, 96-A1, M9-A1
  • K10: Beretta PX-4
  • K11: S&W M&P, M&P Pro 5” also fits Canik MC28 SA | MC 28 SAC | MC 28 .40SA | MC 28 SAS Glock 21/34/35/41
  • K12: Springfield XD / HS2000
  • K13: FN FNP9, FNX Also fit 1911 wide tail (disables rear safety)
  • K14: H&K USP Compact Also fits S&W M&P 2.0 * Comes with an adapter to the front USP accessory Rail.
  • K15: FN 5.7.
  • K16: Walther PPQ 5″, 4″; 9mm/.40/.45 Calibers.
  • K17: H&K USP FS 9mm/.40/.45 * Comes with an adapter to the front USP accessory Rail.
  • K18: Polymer 80 Frames PF940v2 80% – Standard | PF940Cv1 80% – Compact | PF940CL 80% – Compact Long Frame | PFC9 Compact Pistol Frame (serialized) | PFS9 Standard Pistol Frame (serialized).
  • K19: 1911 with narrow beaver tail (Colt 1911 original) also fit medium width beavertail * Rear safety can be enabled.
Will this fit the XD mod2 in subcompact

Back
Top Bottom