Polymer 80 mag dropping

Hey folks,

So I have a PF940c (gen 2 frame) that I keep having issues with. Once I was done with the build, on my first shots the magazine would fall out after firing one round. Did a little research and replaced the mag release and spring from the lone wolf kit that I got with Glock OEM parts. Seemed to work fine for maybe 200-300ish rounds (wasn’t keeping track). I went to the range yesterday and the mag dropping issue has reared it’s ugly head once again.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Any similar experiences?

Thanks!

Should be easy to figure it out. The problem has only four possibilities that I see, bad mag, bad mag catch, bad catch spring or some portion of your hand is hitting the mag release when you're firing.

I don't have enough rounds down-range to experience this. I hope to, though. I'd not heard about it elsewhere.

Check the frame magwell for interference with the magazine fully seating up into the frame. There may be a couple of areas in the magwell that need to be very slightly clearanced to allow the magazine to fully seat. A set of needle files would be enough to remove the excess material. This condition was found in some of the original PF940 (first generation) Polymer80 frames.
Also
Check the magazine catch spring to make sure it is providing enough pressure to hold the catch into the magazine cutout.
Also
Check to make sure the magazine catch is fully seating and making good contact into the magazine cutout.

Check the frame magwell for interference with the magazine fully seating up into the frame. There may be a couple of areas in the magwell that need to be very slightly clearanced to allow the magazine to fully seat. A set of needle files would be enough to remove the excess material. This condition was found in some of the original PF940 (first generation) Polymer80 frames.
Also
Check the magazine catch spring to make sure it is providing enough pressure to hold the catch into the magazine cutout.
Also
Check to make sure the magazine catch is fully seating and making good contact into the magazine cutout.
I had to dig out a fair amount of material to get the catch on my shitty gen 1 to reset fully. Mag would just plop out before.

Hey folks,

So I have a PF940c (gen 2 frame) that I keep having issues with. Once I was done with the build, on my first shots the magazine would fall out after firing one round. Did a little research and replaced the mag release and spring from the lone wolf kit that I got with Glock OEM parts. Seemed to work fine for maybe 200-300ish rounds (wasn’t keeping track). I went to the range yesterday and the mag dropping issue has reared it’s ugly head once again.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Any similar experiences?

Thanks!
I found with the extended mag release I had on mind, that my grip would cause the mag to drop out. I put the factory one back in an no problems.

What type of mags are these? I ask because I've noticed some preban issues. One thing I've found is that preban U-notch just barely make it to the mag catch, meaning that unless you really slap them home, it is just depressing the mag release and holding there with the tension of the mag release spring and the tension of the bulging of the loaded preban U-notch, and not actually seating and locking in place.

That's enough force to keep the mag in place while just holding it, but shooting it could potentially dislodge it, particularly if the mag body relaxes after stripping the first round from the mag. The difference between it just being held there by tension and being seated properly so the mag catch is locked in is just a matter of like 1mm.

Even if this isn't a U-notch, check that the opposite side of the mag release is relatively flush to the grip body when the mag is seated. If it is bulging out a bit, it might not be locked home completely for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom