• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Polymer 80 frames, etc.

If I were to make a firearm.. I’d make it from scratch..

All these laws are so stupid and you gotta love the virtue signaling of all the anti-gun states acting like this somehow makes people safer where, in reality it’s already illegal to possess the ammunition without a license.

I’m having a hard time seeing what difference it makes by preventing these “ghost guns”…

There are already plenty of guns in America. It’s makes no difference.

I used a ton of vids for two builds over the last two weeks, there's a lot still up but they're mostly Glock maintenance builds rather than 80% build tips. If you want the OG Marine Gun Builder vids, someone mirrored the instructional ones on Odyssee.
A ton of videos?
To show you how to file 3 small pieces of plastic?

I am confused.

The rest are just assembling videos and it is full of those on YouTube.

A ton of videos?
To show you how to file 3 small pieces of plastic?

I am confused.

The rest are just assembling videos and it is full of those on YouTube.

There's folks that like to have the visual media to reenforce the task in front of them.

Some don't care what the finished product looks like, as long as it goes bang semi reliably. The MGB videos show tools and tips for those concerned about carrying a home build. (In my opinion at least.) Pride in the process. Trying to make perfection at home. I may or may not have used some of his Dremel tool recommendations. Using mineral oil was something I'd never have thought about in the finished appearance.

Like @Ron Jablonski said. To those that may or may not have spare frames, not ruining one is almost more important than it functioning these days.

Don’t know who couldn’t have seen this coming as Polymer 80 needs to defend their business (and our rights in the balance).
Over the past three years, Polymer80 did everything to roll over for AFT. They gave AFT customer lists of who bought their kits. They no longer sell 80% frames. The only frames they sell are serialized and registered with AFT.
So yes, I am surprised they grew a pair.

So a few resellers have already removed all evidence of 80% AR frames. Sad. How much is a 5 pack of anodized lowers now? Next year?

Over the past three years, Polymer80 did everything to roll over for AFT. They gave AFT customer lists of who bought their kits. They no longer sell 80% frames. The only frames they sell are serialized and registered with AFT.
They are trying to survive.

Not my job to defend them, but to be clear did they "give" the ATF anything that they, and their credit card service Authorize.net along with shipper Stamps.com, were not under subpoena for in conjunction with the search warrant and raid conducted on Polymer 80 in 12/2020?

🐯

The bureaucratic f***ing the people are subject to in this country goes well beyond guns. Lifetime deep staters sit behind their desks writing rules to control the populace with zero accountability (they are not elected). This is not what the founders intended. Hopefully SCOTUS will continue to chip away at issues like this (EPA ruling on emissions at power plants). I'm not holding my breath, though.

The bureaucratic f***ing the people are subject to in this country goes well beyond guns. Lifetime deep staters sit behind their desks writing rules to control the populace with zero accountability (they are not elected). This is not what the founders intended. Hopefully SCOTUS will continue to chip away at issues like this (EPA ruling on emissions at power plants). I'm not holding my breath, though.
2A is useless if a populous under foreign rule* continues to sit on its hands and wait for those same people* to fix what's broken in America. SCOTUS is just as infiltrated as the rest of the US government!

I'm not depending on any part of this corrupt government to do the right thing. That ship sailed long ago

So a few resellers have already removed all evidence of 80% AR frames. Sad. How much is a 5 pack of anodized lowers now? Next year?
Several sites have them in stock
One of which I know ships to MA and will stuff the same box with a cheap lower parts kit for an extra $34

Run for president elimate the powers of regulation

Not my job to defend them, but to be clear did they "give" the ATF anything that they, and their credit card service Authorize.net along with shipper Stamps.com, were not under subpoena for in conjunction with the search warrant and raid conducted on Polymer 80 in 12/2020?

🐯
Yep, but. You can imagine the what the government told them was going to happen if they didn't hand over the info. Unlike companies like Smith and Wesson and Colt kneeling down for the powers that be. Polymer 80 is not a huge power entity. They don't have the resources to go toe to toe with the ATF when forced to shut down. Unlike now, they have regrouped and are at least trying to get things changed.

The 2A community is quick to call someone out for giving in. When they have no skin in the game and it is not you going behind bars or losing your home. Yet, companies like Black Rifle Coffee is still in business and still giving money to our enemies.

Place that I was referring to added the caveat that they have to ship parts kits separately and can't sell jigs.

What's insane is the price on jigs
I believe 5D Tactical still sells their 80% lower but you have to purchase the jig with rails as a separate item added to cart but still shipped on one order. They still sell the 80% AR lowers too.

Anyone built up one of the GST-9 Mod-1? How's the quality?

I may have seen one built out and tested this past weekend. Quality seems great but i dont have anything to compare it to. The “milling” to finish it is a joke. A 5 year old could do it and result in a functioing firearm in 10 mins. From the research I did it seems one of the biggest mistakes people make is a cheap LPK. Granger tactical sells an OEM kit plus a 3.5# ghost trigger bar for $83 including shipping to MA, or so I hear.

Anyone built up one of the GST-9 Mod-1? How's the quality?
I have done a couple of them. I like them more than the P80’s (did a few of those). I think they are easier to do especially the area where the recoils spring assembly goes. The only reason why I did more P80 was that I bought them for $69 each. I did get my GST-9 for less than they are going now but still not as low as the P80’s

ETA: you can also get the grip extension piece that basically give you the grip of a G17 with a G19 slide. Although you have to pay extra for that as you either get the “short” grip G19 or “longer one” G17.

There is a remedy.

Back
Top Bottom