Polls Show More Hispanics Turning Their Backs on Gun Control, Civilian Disarmament Advocates

AHM

NES Member
Six generations since the Civil War and two since the Voting Rights Act tripled the number of Blacks registered to vote to >60%. Blacks have favored gun control more than Hispanics for years, but both are shifting - Hispanics more.

Hispanics, if citizens, can vote in Federal elections - some non-citizens can vote local elections. You don’t get a path to citizenship by rioting, looting and burning - nor do you lose citizenship (or rights) by doing so if not prosecuted, White, Black or Brown. I think that Hispanics are realizing that the Democrats want to control the rights they most dearly sought as new citizens and are pushing back.

The majority of the ~7% non-citizen US population are Hispanics. I’d suggest that they will support 2ndA rights in growing numbers. I can’t find more recent data, but until minorities can find roles other than those of gang-members or processing chicken, picking fruits/vegetables and cleaning up, I figure the Conservative Hispanic trend will flatten out at <2/3rds.

D04398B0-9A35-49C5-AB43-648DF36C99D6.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom