• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Poll: Would you give up your....

Last I checked, el Presidente doesn't make law. (Well, they're not supposed to. . . . ) It'd be hard to enforce and enact a nationwide AR ban. Hell, it'd be court-injunctioned before the ink was dry and it would SC within a year. It wouldn't go nearly as well as the Left wants it to. It's like pulling back on a rubber band.

Bobby needs attention so he throws out outrageous ideas that get him airtime. The Leftists take the bait and he gets big airtime on MSNBC and CNN.

Exactly. Democratic field is a zoo right now and people are resorting to hard core pandering to the lowest common denominator for their party. This is akin to George Bush's "Read my lips, no new taxes!" RNC tag line. Gets your party loyalists wet and sounds great for a sound bite, but is largely undeliverable.

I’d wager that in truth, it would play out damn near exactly the opposite of those numbers. We may be a vocal bunch, but people are people, and history is great at predicting the future.

Sorry if I’m pissing on the parade, but it should be said. As a whole, our community does too much “Come and get them!”, and not enough actual fighting for them. When the jackboots come to the door, you have already lost the war.

I’d wager that in truth, it would play out damn near exactly the opposite of those numbers. We may be a vocal bunch, but people are people, and history is great at predicting the future.

Sorry if I’m pissing on the parade, but it should be said. As a whole, our community does too much “Come and get them!”, and not enough actual fighting for them. When the jackboots come to the door, you have already lost the war.
True, but everyone would have to think long and hard. Also, disregarding a law it far from go time. They also don’t have a clue what’s out there. Only vague guesses on total numbers and a list of who’s licensed or was licensed. You can have a license and not possess a firearm lol

I don’t have an AR. But I wouldn’t get rid of it if I did unless you’ve got a better trade.
Who am I kidding, I’d trade it for a single shot 20ga with a broken forend and crooked sights. Just not to the government.

True, but everyone would have to think long and hard. Also, disregarding a law it far from go time. They also don’t have a clue what’s out there. Only vague guesses on total numbers and a list of who’s licensed or was licensed. You can have a license and not possess a firearm lol

Agreed. I guess it’s a question of phrasing. I’d have passed it right by without a second thought if the question was “Would you be happy about turning in your AR15?”.

On the “go time” thing, once we get there, it is too late. The country I love might not pull through that in one piece. My point there was that it seems too many people seem (based on their postings and apparent behavior) like their plan is to sit back and wait for the big one. Knowing what we know about how these things go, most of that is hot air, and the sheep will lie down when asked to do so. We seem (overall, again, based on one mans observations) to be a disorganized lazy bunch, so my view of the future is dim.

I think what they know about who has what is probably much more detailed than is let on.

Back
Top Bottom