Votes: 205 87.2%
  • not voting at all

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters

ToddDubya

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I received my application to vote by mail and I know that is (D) Massachusetts, but for some reason feel a need to rip the application to shreds. So are you going to vote via mail?
Same, I ripped it up so nobody else could send it in on my behalf and have the ballot sent to a different address.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
61   1   0
I might be jaded from a small town: show up, walk in, vote, done...I've maybe waited 15 minutes.

...the USPS can't even deliver mail to the right house in my neighborhood and we've all got big blue reflective FD house number plates out in the street; I'm most confident they'll hand deliver my vote to the lost zone behind some driver's seat...

...and who's handling when and IF it ever get's there?

...Some things shouldn't be a video game...I'm not on my couch in my underwear clicking my vote for an NES poll, I'm voting for the best crook to run things in our government (and they all are no matter what side of the isle)...

I will bother to show up and I'm making sure my ballot goes in the box from my hands, not someone else's...at least THAT much is under my control...

Don't get me started that they don't even ask for an ID...
In my MA town, most of the poll workers know us and only recently did the town ask for ID, but you can refuse and still get a ballot.

In my NH town, they ask for ID and I plan on voting only here and in person.

2-old-4-this

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said, my vote doesn't "count" in mASS anyway, but it just seems like vote-by-mail was designed by the left, because they don't see any legitimate way they can beat Trump.
I was on a local news site earlier, and an ad banner with o-blunder's face on it popped up. It was asking people to sign a petition for national vote-by-mail. The group responsible for the ad was called "Stop republicans".
I read that as; voting by mail is how we plan to steal the election from republicans.

Barry

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
nah, i like the whole ceremony of heading to the polls to cast a vote in person.

i had to vote via absentee ballot one year and i heard they open them at their leisure, usually a week or two after the election date has passed. i've heard this on more than occasion. dunno if true, but gives the impression your vote doesn't matter.
When the topic came up in 2016, my recollection is that mail in votes are ONLY counted IF the numbers could statistically sway the outcome. I have no idea if that is true. Some random news article or talking head.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said, my vote doesn't "count" in mASS anyway, but it just seems like vote-by-mail was designed by the left, because they don't see any legitimate way they can beat Trump.
I was on a local news site earlier, and an ad banner with o-blunder's face on it popped up. It was asking people to sign a petition for national vote-by-mail. The group responsible for the ad was called "Stop republicans".
I read that as; voting by mail is how we plan to steal the election from republicans.

Barry
This isn't merely a theory - they just did a dry-run in Buffalo:

Absentee ballots in NY-27 pull McMurray within 8.9 points of Jacobs | Local News | buffalonews.com
Republican State Sen. Chris Jacobs' win over Democrat Nate McMurray didn't turn out to be an overwhelming landslide after all.

Erie County late Wednesday revised its results for the June 23 special election for Congress in New York's 27th District, adding in a wave of 41,679 absentee ballots. Five other counties in the district reported their absentee vote totals, too, all of them much higher than usual thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The results? What once was a 31-point Jacobs lead had dwindled to 8.9 percentage points.
31 point lead via in-person dwindles to single-digits when fraud-by-mail is counted? (And latest news is it dropped even further to around 5 points.) You'll note they were careful not to overturn the result (this time), as that would certainly resulted in calls for an investigation. As the R was still declared the winner, it's a moot point. Nevertheless, they've demonstrated the technique works.

Laughingly, the "explanation" is (many, MANY) more Donk voters scared by the Wuhan than Republicans. Some variation between in-person and by-mail based on party affiliation would be understandable, but that's a HUGE difference.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My plan is to vote in person, so that my vote is counted, even if futile.
Same. Although I have my doubts they are not committing fraud, even with in person voting. But if the Ds are pushing hard for mail in, it can't be good.

Forget about D or R. Any politician pushing hard for changes to voting that will make it easier to vote can't be any good.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Suck Choomer was yabbering today that he was gonna hold congressional hearings on how the USPS should be able to do all of this and if not, heads will roll. HE's gonna get the head of the PO to sit in front of him THIS WEEK!

Oh, and he wants all mail-in ballots treated as 1st class mail. Sure, Chuck. Who's gonna pay for that? You? The cities? The states? Certainly you're not going to MAKE the USPS act like something is a 1st class item for anything LESS than 1st class postage, are you???

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
61   1   0
I don't see why voters can't afford a 1st Class postage stamp to send in their votes.

And if the USPS can't deliver Mail within x days for local Mail, I don't understand how they handle Christmas cards each year and everyone sends probably 20-50 cards, not just one piece of local Mail.

We'll "vote by Mail" by visiting our Town Clerk to get an absentee ballot and later drop it back off at the Town Clerk's office after voting.

Chris

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
I don't see why voters can't afford a 1st Class postage stamp to send in their votes.
That is exactly what is NOT happening. The mailing and return are all using bulk rates.

And if the USPS can't deliver Mail within x days for local Mail, I don't understand how they handle Christmas cards each year and everyone sends probably 20-50 cards, not just one piece of local Mail.
They can. That's not the problem. What they are saying is that if the states are only paying the bulk rate to move the ballots around, there simply isn't the funds to pay for the time needed to process all the mail as if it was First Class. Christmas Cards are sent First Class and the money collected helps pay for longer hours needed to process the mail at the First Class service. Bulk mail is processed at a lower priority and takes longer. It might go the same speed as First Class in many cases, but they wanted to be sure to warn that this isn't guaranteed. If the states wanted to get First Class service, they should pay for First Class service.

We'll "vote by Mail" by visiting our Town Clerk to get an absentee ballot and later drop it back off at the Town Clerk's office after voting.
And we will go to our poll just like we did for the Town Election. There are tape marks every 6' for almost a quarter mile and according to the people working the poll, they used maybe a dozen at most. Granted, the Nov election will bring out more people, but there are still times where the volume will be low. If the state were to put the postage costs into more polling locations so that people did not have to gather in larger groups, you'd get a similar result.

But, as we all know, this isn't about reducing crowds and getting people to the polls. This is about creating new ways to commit fraud.

Anyone want to guess how many ballots are 'marked' in such a way that it can be told from the envelope what party the person is enrolled in? And mysteriously, certain marked envelopes have a much more likely loss rate?

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
61   1   0
Anyone want to guess how many ballots are 'marked' in such a way that it can be told from the envelope what party the person is enrolled in? And mysteriously, certain marked envelopes have a much more likely loss rate?
A fellow high school grad just sent me pictures of the mail-in ballots. Brother & Sister, one a Dem and the other a Rep. The ballots are coded on the outside with an "R" or "D" so it is obvious which party the person is voting for. Yup, that's just what they want plus 4 week delivery times.:mad:

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A fellow high school grad just sent me pictures of the mail-in ballots. Brother & Sister, one a Dem and the other a Rep. The ballots are coded on the outside with an "R" or "D" so it is obvious which party the person is voting for. Yup, that's just what they want plus 4 week delivery times.:mad:
But are those the general ballots, or primary? If primary, that wouldn't necessarily be unreasonable.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Poll tax. LOL

Seriously. You think by anyone coming out and saying, "well, the solution is people can just stick a 50c stamp on their ballot." will help??? The left will LOSE. THEIR. COLLECTIVE. MINDS!

"You are making poor people pay to vote."

No. They can vote in person.

"So you want them to either starve or get tehCorona??? Nope. Forcing them to pay to vote. Unconstitutional. Can't never happen. Dig up FDR and drop his dead body on theDonald!"

It would go SOOO bad if anyone in this admin suggested that.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I did it. Republican Primary ballot in Mass is a joke. Only one contested primary race. I should have gotten the democrat ballot.

Buck Faker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I would guess that they have to keep track of mail in ballots received up to election day and use them to mark the books that go to the polling places as "already voted".
They pause receiving mail in ballots while in person voting happens.
They take the books back from the polling places and compare the "already voted" list with any mail in ballots received after election day. If they get a mail in ballot from someone who has "already voted" they throw it out. If not, it gets counted and the "already voted" list gets updated. Unless it's a Dem vote, then both get counted
FIFY

Top Bottom