Votes: 200 87.3%
  • not voting at all

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters

kiver

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I received my application to vote by mail and I know that is (D) Massachusetts, but for some reason feel a need to rip the application to shreds. So are you going to vote via mail?

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Yet another convenient side effect of COVID-19 for the leftist insurrection.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
nah, i like the whole ceremony of heading to the polls to cast a vote in person.

i had to vote via absentee ballot one year and i heard they open them at their leisure, usually a week or two after the election date has passed. i've heard this on more than occasion. dunno if true, but gives the impression your vote doesn't matter.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I do not believe in such loose vote by mail laws.

I MIGHT vote early at the Town Hall, not sure.

But I will be at our voting location all day. Last election I was talked into being an election worker for the town. Paid position (not a lot) but just a 16 hour day. I was a bit hesitant at first but working the election was an eye-opener into all the work that goes into this process and all the problems you can run into "serving" the public. In some instances the great "unwashed masses".

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is likely someone will be voting by mail for you even if you physically go to the polls.
I was wondering about the details of this vote by mail thing in MA... so I looked it up.

Everything is light on details but here we go.
  • First, they mail an application to all registered voters and anyone who requested one
  • You have to return the application by some date well before the election so they can send you a ballot.
  • Then you return the ballot by mail or at a drop box. It has to be postmarked on or before election day, and received no later than 10 days after election day.
At this point we have our first problem. There is no way to determine the outcome of the election until at least 10 days after the election. If other states work in a similar way there is no way we are going to have the all night state by state coverage with an answer in the morning. The news might still try to do that, but the outcome could change significantly in the following 10 days. Not that this is actually a problem. In the 19th century they didn't have results overnight either, but for 90+% of the population, this will be unheard of and lead to wild speculation.

Now we get to the real question.

If I requested a mail in ballot, can I vote in person? or alternately, "If I submitted a mail in ballot, can I change my vote?"

The State web page says that if the mail in vote wasn't received, you can vote in person. If it was received then you can't vote in person.

From here out it is speculation because I can't find the details on how this actually works.

I would guess that they have to keep track of mail in ballots received up to election day and use them to mark the books that go to the polling places as "already voted".
They pause receiving mail in ballots while in person voting happens.
They take the books back from the polling places and compare the "already voted" list with any mail in ballots received after election day. If they get a mail in ballot from someone who has "already voted" they throw it out. If not, it gets counted and the "already voted" list gets updated.

If this is what they are doing it is still trivial to steal the election.
  1. Go to the web page and enter someone's information to find out if they applied to vote by mail.
  2. If they haven't, apply as them to vote by mail and have the ballot sent somewhere else using the downloadable form. Sign the application.
  3. Now, fill out the ballot, sign it the same as the application and wait until election day to mail it so that it can't make it to the election commission before in person voting happens.
If the person you are impersonating voted in person, the election commission will just toss the mail in ballot assuming the person changed their mind about voting by mail.
If the person you are impersonating didn't vote, you did for them. Since the signature on the ballot matches the signature on the application, it will be accepted.

No duplicate ballots are received so that doesn't raise any flags. No one was denied a vote in person, so no one raises a stink about it. The election commission allows "changing your mind" and voting in person so long as your mail in ballot hasn't been received yet so double voting just causes the mail in ballot to be tossed. You can't vote twice so no chance of >100% turn out.

If I am right, it is literally a system where someone could appropriate all the "unused" votes to whoever they want.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
nah, i like the whole ceremony of heading to the polls to cast a vote in person.

i had to vote via absentee ballot one year and i heard they open them at their leisure, usually a week or two after the election date has passed. i've heard this on more than occasion. dunno if true, but gives the impression your vote doesn't matter.
generally speaking if the number of mail in ballots won't change the election, they aren't getting counted

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
A Kennedy? Me?
I'd vote for the duck first... [rofl2]

Only reason I would even talk to a Kennedy is to ask "Which way is the bar?" or "Spare a Quaalude?"...

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Been voting by mail for a while now,the city changed the polling place from a school with excellent handicap access. The new area has little parking for regular folks let alone a handicap van. Wife has no problem voting via absentee ballot easier on her anyways.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Unless you have a valid reason like you are out of the state or country, if you can't bother show up at your local poling place to do one of the most important things you can as a citizen, you shouldn't be voting in the first place. 🇺🇸
I could bother to show up, but I can do the exact same thing from home so why would I want to wait in line?

Woodstone

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I could bother to show up, but I can do the exact same thing from home so why would I want to wait in line?
I might be jaded from a small town: show up, walk in, vote, done...I've maybe waited 15 minutes.

...the USPS can't even deliver mail to the right house in my neighborhood and we've all got big blue reflective FD house number plates out in the street; I'm most confident they'll hand deliver my vote to the lost zone behind some driver's seat...

...and who's handling when and IF it ever get's there?

...Some things shouldn't be a video game...I'm not on my couch in my underwear clicking my vote for an NES poll, I'm voting for the best crook to run things in our government (and they all are no matter what side of the isle)...

I will bother to show up and I'm making sure my ballot goes in the box from my hands, not someone else's...at least THAT much is under my control...

Don't get me started that they don't even ask for an ID...

Top Bottom