Poll: What ammo would you buy if it were from a MA factory?

I want to be able to get MA-manufactured ammo in...

• .38 spec pistol

Votes: 119 25.4%
  • .45 cal/ACP pistol

Votes: 227 48.4%
  • .223 rifle

Votes: 272 58.0%
  • .40 SW

Votes: 145 30.9%
  • .44 Cal/Mag

Votes: 34 7.2%
  • .22 pistol/rifle (any variety)

Votes: 195 41.6%
  • 9MM

Votes: 282 60.1%
  • 10MM

Votes: 26 5.5%
  • .50 cal/AE/Mag

Votes: 20 4.3%
  • 30-06/30-30 rifle

Votes: 91 19.4%

• Total voters
...anything more reasonably priced than (insert-multiple-here)...including reloads...AND...that you'll ship here to my doorstep. Gas is cheaper...but not for much longer.

Good luck on the venture,

-ed

Last edited:
Another thought . . .

When you start the business, approach as many gun clubs as you can and advertise there. Perhaps with a small discount or some spiff for an enticement to try you out.

If those folks like what they buy, they can push the nay-sayer retailers to carry your product.

There is more than one way to skin that cat. [wink]

Unfortunatley, I must pull the reigns in on this until the latest bru-ha-ha about microstamping technology is settled.

What is not clear about this upcoming legislation is whether it is up to the "manufacturers of components" or the "assemblers of components" to implement the "micro-stamping" bullshit that is being shoved down our throats.

Until this issue is claraified, or until this legislation is shot down, I would not dare put money into the idea we are thinking of. For if it is the latter of the two scenarios above that comes to fruition, if said legislation is passed, then I am not sure we could make it a viable venture.

We need to wait-and-see what goes on with this now. I am sure we will see some mention of it again by the new administration by the time the '09 summer season starts.

:-(

(Just remember...Patience inevitably reaps rewards. :) )

Unfortunatley, I must pull the reigns in on this until the latest bru-ha-ha about microstamping technology is settled.

You're going to be waiting a long time then, because some anti will always bring this stuff up. If microstamping ever got passed, BTW, "who is responsible for it" would be the least of your worries, I would think.

-Mike

As Mike points out, this is an idea that we get brought up over and over again. They just hope for a "weakening" such that they can ram-rod it thru, so it will always be a Damocles sword hanging over our heads.

You're going to be waiting a long time then, because some anti will always bring this stuff up. If microstamping ever got passed, BTW, "who is responsible for it" would be the least of your worries, I would think.

-Mike

Well, this time the anti is not only the Pres-elect, but has a whole host of cronies behind him backing this nonsense. From a strictly-business POV, it would be more prudent to hold back for a bit and test the waters early next year.

Sorry for our "fans" out there that are hoping for this thing to take off ASAP, but at least it will give me more time to thoroughly think-through and compose the "elegant" letter to the AG that we will need for our niches to succeed.

Well, this time the anti is not only the Pres-elect, but has a whole host of cronies behind him backing this nonsense. From a strictly-business POV, it would be more prudent to hold back for a bit and test the waters early next year.

Sorry for our "fans" out there that are hoping for this thing to take off ASAP, but at least it will give me more time to thoroughly think-through and compose the "elegant" letter to the AG that we will need for our niches to succeed.

Good luck regardless. When and if this happens, I'll be looking forward to the NES discount.[smile]

Well, how is the upstart coming along? I'm running into problems finding inexpensive ammo in MA. It would be great to see something new.

Last edited:
Just remember, price, quality and a reliable supply will get you customers. I don't think you'll have any edge just because you are in MA.

Your presumption is that just because the company is in Mass, that they will be allowed to ship to Mass.

That isn't necessarily true!

I would bet that ALL companies, regardless of where they are located, will continue to be prohibited from shipping to Mass. It's not a matter of Inter-state vs Intra-state. It's a matter of the AG for your fine Commonwealth not wanting YOU to be able to have stuff like ammo shipped to you. From anywhere.

...anything more reasonably priced than (insert-multiple-here)...including reloads...AND...that you'll ship here to my doorstep. Gas is cheaper...but not for much longer.

Good luck on the venture,

-ed

Your presumption is that just because the company is in Mass, that they will be allowed to ship to Mass.

That isn't necessarily true!

I would bet that ALL companies, regardless of where they are located, will continue to be prohibited from shipping to Mass. It's not a matter of Inter-state vs Intra-state. It's a matter of the AG for your fine Commonwealth not wanting YOU to be able to have stuff like ammo shipped to you. From anywhere.

I disagree.

If the hypothetical company was selling ammo in mass and had an MA ammunition sales license (which they almost certainly would have) they would have no problem shipping ammo in the state. There is at least one out of state dealer (I think they're in VT? I forget) that (somehow) got a license to sell ammo in MA and they can and do ship ammo here. Obviously having the license is enough to pass even the AG's BS blockade, because even the AG can't dance around that one. (their entire argument on blocking ammo sales to MA is based on the remote dealer/seller not having an MA ammunition/gun dealer's license!) Most ammo sales places don't want to go through the BS of obtaining a permit to ship to one state (not to mention the administrative overhead of collecting copies of peoples LTC/FID cards, filing all that crap, etc. )

I realize MA sucks hardcore, but every once in awhile you have to moderate hyperbole with a dose of reality. (not much different than the people making up gun
laws that don't exist, because they know MA is communist, and therefore wouldn't allow you to carry a gun in a bar, other crap like that, etc... but often these assumptions turn out to be untrue... and this is one of those cases. )

-Mike

Last edited:
Well, I answered my own question, (I think)...The OP hasn't checked in since July, nor posted to this thread since the day it was conceived, (12/18/08). Unless the OP is working diligently behind the scenes to get this pup a rollin, then my money goes to dead in the H2O....

I am unaware of ANY MA Dealer who will ship ammo to anyone (except a PD) in MA!

Pretty sure if you look at the wording of the law, the transactions must be FTF in purchasing ammo. That would be enforceable against a MA Dealer. They use the MA Ammo Dealer License hack for out of state dealers since they know that there is no mechanism in place for NR Dealers to get said license. Whatever suits the purpose (make it as difficult/impossible as possible for lawful MA residents to get ammo/supplies). [thinking]

The OP's last post was back on June 10th of this year. I will send them a PM and see if we can get any response about this.

The question is irrelevant without pricing information, as well as info on the market segment targets - defense ammo, high volume recreational shooting ammo, etc.

Back
Top Bottom