• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Poll: Vermonters support CCW permits

Preview of whats to come in VT?

http://vtdigger.org/2014/04/28/vtdi...rmonters-support-concealed-carry-permit-guns/

Vermont should require permits to carry a concealed weapon, according to more than half of voting Vermonters surveyed in a VTDigger/Castleton Polling Institute poll. The poll found 57 percent of voters support changing Vermont’s concealed carry gun law. Thirty-nine percent do not and 4 percent declined to answer.
Advocates on both sides of gun control issues are gearing up for a showdown in Montpelier next session, as some groups plan to propose tightening gun laws and gun rights groups prepare to stake their ground.

Two problems with this poll. It polled registered voters, not likely voters. Likely voters are more informed. Also, their weighting based on an estimate of registered voters means that the data could be skewed. Weighting to one party or another (if done here) would also tend to skew the results.

Castleton is based out of Castleton College, which might also skew the results. I can't find enough about VTDigger or Anne Galloway to know if their reporting has a bias.

All of which should be taken into consideration when reading poll results.

Two problems with this poll. It polled registered voters, not likely voters. Likely voters are more informed. Also, their weighting based on an estimate of registered voters means that the data could be skewed. Weighting to one party or another (if done here) would also tend to skew the results.

Castleton is based out of Castleton College, which might also skew the results. I can't find enough about VTDigger or Anne Galloway to know if their reporting has a bias.

All of which should be taken into consideration when reading poll results.

Yeah, I wasn't really giving too much credence to the poll results since such polls (political ones) are often B.S. anyways...

I just thought the fact that it is even being discussed is cause enough for alarm.... better to try to kill these things in the early stages.

Vt is very liberal but also very rural. There is a huge difference how urban liberals and rural liberals feel about guns.

Vt is very liberal but also very rural. There is a huge difference how urban liberals and rural liberals feel about guns.

The rural ones arent looking for handouts and protection from king obama.

Must be the Aliens.

It will never happen.

That state defies any logical explanation as to why things stay the way they are considering the number of total moonbats but nothing ever changes there.

They were doing all kinds of crazy things last year too, remember? Nothing ever happened. I think if you took a PDF of Vermont state code and did a Ctrl + F on the document for "guns", "firearms", etc you would probably find nothing, haha.

Vermont almost has no violent crimes and homicides. What would the arguments be on why to change their constitutional carry laws?

Because the elected official knows what is best for you! [rolleyes]

Stop trying to think. We know what's best for you.

yep that's it. and everything they do is about control. no-one should have the ability to think for themselves.

has to be something in the way their brains are wired to continue this unending onslaught against personal freedom.

98% of people favor strict gun laws until you take a poll out of NYC and Jersey.

Most people only want stricter gun control because they are clueless. Multiple people i have talked to have this idea that anyone can just go and buy a machine gun. Once you tell them what federal law already is, they see things a little differently.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Most people only want stricter gun control because they are clueless. Multiple people i have talked to have this idea that anyone can just go and buy a machine gun. Once you tell them what federal law already is, they see things a little differently.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

True. We need more people to educate them. That's how we come into the picture.

I have turned gun hating people in my family, and a neighbor.

Take a solid look at who is moving into the state and where they are from. It's not the natives that ask these questions. Vermont is changing and it's most likely not for the better.

Setting: College Campus

Q: "Do you believe in arming known criminals, felons and wife beaters and allowing them to carry concealed, high-capacity assault weapons?"

It will never happen.

That state defies any logical explanation as to why things stay the way they are considering the number of total moonbats but nothing ever changes there.

They were doing all kinds of crazy things last year too, remember? Nothing ever happened. I think if you took a PDF of Vermont state code and did a Ctrl + F on the document for "guns", "firearms", etc you would probably find nothing, haha.

They are one local event away from going full retard.

But like we've seen before, if there are more urban voters than rural, Obama wins.
Nope. Almost every town in Vermont voted Obama in the last election. If memory serves me, there were only a small handful of towns in the whole state that didn't vote Obama. Every single town in Vermont is full of moonbats.

It will never happen.

All 13 vermont statutes that relate to firearms: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...of-Vermont-Firearm-Statutes-(All-13-of-them-)

Fish and game law states no loaded long guns in motor vehicles

Vermont almost has no violent crimes and homicides. What would the arguments be on why to change their constitutional carry laws?

Its government, they make fixes for problems that do not exist, then tell everyone They worked so hard to save lives and look for donations and votes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom