• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

POLL: "Should G.O.A.L. hold a Civil Disobedience Rally on Beacon Hill April 19th?

POLL: "Should G.O.A.L. hold a Civil Disobedience Rally on Beacon Hill April 19th?

• Yes! I'll stand side-by-side for My Rights and My Children's Rights. Covid Be Damned!

Votes: 32 21.3%
  • Hell no. You Crazy?

Votes: 109 72.7%
  • I can't. I have to work...

Votes: 11 7.3%

• Total voters
An ’A’ for initiative enbloc but it WILL be spun by the local media and politicians in the worst way possible. A rally is in order but the time is not now. Donate to GOAL and resuscitate this idea in the summer..and put a gun purchase on the list for when this baloney passes...

I protested today by going to The Mill and dropping close to $1,300.00 on some more freedom. Always a great bunch of guys up there.

Polls are beyond useless when editorial content is buried in the answer. It's about as objective as an NRA ballot published next to the list of who to vote for.

Tired of sitting at home and tired of getting "Katrina'd"?
Who else would travel to Beacon Hill to show the Governor that Our Rights are more important than a virus?

Poll Results will be closely monitored by the Governor's Office, the Attorney General's Office and the Massachusetts State Police...
Dude I usually agree with ur posts, and I'm all in for the second amendment but I have first hand knowledge that Holyoke hospital, among others, is about to bring in a couple refridgerated trailers to keep dead bodies in because their morgue is already full from this virus. Now is not the time.

As much as the idea appeals to me the fact that my age 70 and my wife's health and not wanting to leave her alone for more tha few hours I'd have to pass.and say no not a good idea at this time.

Love the sentiment. Hate the concept. Besides, it's right in the middle of the LATEST "spike" in COVfefe when up to 172,000 mASSashootians might or might not get Coronavirus over the next weeks or months or maybe even years.

(While I agree with Baker's actions so far via COVfefe, I think this whole surge thing is a ruse and a joke. We're not going from 9K to 172K cases in 17 days. We're just not. Why even put out such numbers, only to walk them back with "over the next weeks, er, months, er, we predict, er, I think. . . "?

You keep thinking, though enbloc.

Do a Webex or Zoom rally. Invite the legislatores to come see who shows up.

Be the first group to exercise Freedom of Assembly (1st Amendment Right) to protest 2nd Amendment in the Stay at Home era. Someone will tell you that since they didn't have Zoom in 1787, you can't do it.

I'm game to help organize.

Let me play devils advocate here. All politicians are whores. All they understand is votes and money. Instead of sending GOAL a big check, think if we sent a big enough check to Governor D-bag we cold get something done? Kind of like, "Look, you spineless piece of s@#$, we're paying you to grow a set of balls here, and if you work with us, look how it pays off."

By the way. Todays corona death count 6000. US population 329,000,000. Chance of dying as of today - .000018. Pandemic?

Is there something to be said for the ability to make a smaller group seem larger? Can we pull this off with good planning and have EVERYONE stay a good 10ft apart? Few hundred people spaced out like that could look like a pretty big crowd?

Can we pull this off with good planning?
I was a little pissed when I posted this Poll, but still have a silly streak. If you read my OP and the way I laid out the POLL you will see what I mean.
THERE WAS NO WAY IN HELL THAT THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.
I more wanted to see how others felt about the Governor's Edict.
For all intents and purposes, it was answered in the first 4 or 5 votes/posts.
Many good ideas though that I'm sure we will revisit when this shite is over. Thanks.

And, thank you all that played, especially my crazy friends...
~Enbloc

Edit: I also broke my own rule... Never Post in Anger.

[pot] A 200 vehicle parade, with pro 2A signage, circling the Common and the front of the State House. All vehicle and social distancing laws followed. Who has the in vehicle PA systems? [cheers]
There shouldn't be many, if any, other vehicles to worry about. s/

Stupid.

Forget the legalities. Its stupid to stand shoulder in a crowd these days.

There are 23 Covid 19 cases in MY TOWN. With the number going up in a compounded way roughly 40% per day.

My gun club - primarily an indoor club - is closed because its the right thing to do.
My other gun club - primarily an outdoor club on hundreds of acres is open. Because its the right thing to do.

Its called common sense.

Don

Good idea, horrible timing- media would paint anyone that does this as being as dumb as those numbskulls in the church in Louisiana.

This is even independent of the "cuz guns" whining, etc. Even "the usual suspects" in terms of annoying moonbat protesters are staying
home, because the optics of it look really bad.

-Mike

LOL. My Ridgeline has truckbed speakers, subpossubly. (I don't think I've ever tried it. That and a Mr. Microphone type thing and it could work.)

Good idea, horrible timing- media would paint anyone that does this as being as dumb as those numbskulls in the church in Louisiana.

This is even independent of the "cuz guns" whining, etc. Even "the usual suspects" in terms of annoying moonbat protesters are staying
home, because the optics of it look really bad.

-Mike

Forget the media painting. Everyone who showed up WOULD BE as dumb as those fools in the church.

Let me play devils advocate here. All politicians are whores. All they understand is votes and money. Instead of sending GOAL a big check, think if we sent a big enough check to Governor D-bag we cold get something done? Kind of like, "Look, you spineless piece of s@#$, we're paying you to grow a set of balls here, and if you work with us, look how it pays off."

By the way. Todays corona death count 6000. US population 329,000,000. Chance of dying as of today - .000018. Pandemic?

I’m pretty sure you just asked all of us publicly to partake in a bribery scheme involving a seated governor. I’ll take a hard pass. Turn your chalkboard upside down and keep working the problem though.

(and for you young studs, a chalkboard was my childhoods IPAD. Eat it. lol)

No, that should have been being done all along for the past 25 years.

The state government would probably approve of it though as a means to rid the state of a bunch of gun owners via corona virus contamination. Remember..... Your name is already on "The List".

I like the emotion and enthusiasm, but I'm still working and busier than ever. It seems like all the other slackers who usually skip out on work and hit the golf course or shop all day are actually stuck at home working and requesting stuff.

As for what to do??? Join GOAL, GOA, SAF, even NRA. Donate to Comm2A.

Back
Top Bottom