• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

POLL: Payment Installment Option, Yes or no?

Just use the pay in 4 option that already exist.

Sezzle,klarna,zip,affirm.

I buy my ammo elsewhere because of those.

But if I can use it to buy the ammo+ membership and then a case or more of ammo throught these, I would be buying more from you definitely.

I had that option with Harbor Freight when i bought my predator 95kw generator. I had a 25% off coupon, and if i got their credit card, another 10%. They gave me an interest free option if i paid it off in 2 yrs. I set up auto pay and paid it off over 1 yr. Saved 840.00 off the original price. This option isnt for everyone. If you can afford it, fine.

TSUSA asked a simple question that requires one of two replies, either yes or no.

I dont think TSUSA , nor anyone else on here , is asking for financial advice.

Perhaps they should have put in a poll instead with no replies allowed? No one is giving them financial advice, people are concerned that this feature may cause an increase in costs/price since there's no such thing as a free lunch. This is NES, if you ask a question you may not just get the answer you're looking for.

Something like a pay in 4 would have come in clutch last year when I had a buddy ask me to join him up at Ridgeline short notice, but didn't have the scratch for the class enrollment and $1k worth of ammo.

I think it's a good idea for that sort of situation alone.

Last edited:
Something like a pay in 4 would have come in clutch last year when I had a buddy ask me to join him up at Ridgeline short notice, but didn't have the scratch for the class enrollment and $1k worth of ammo.

That was kind of what I was thinking, being able to buy specific expensive ammo on short notice because of a class opportunity.

I doubt TSUSA is financing this in house, they normally partner with a high interest lender and if you don't pay it off in time the interest is "free" then the interest is added back to day 1 at some rate that would be considered usury in some jurisdictions.

TSUSA gets 95 cents on the dollar at the time of sale, the finance company carries the debt hoping you don't make that final payment on time and they make big bucks on the finance charges on money they are getting from the Fed from next to nothing

Furniture stores do this all the time

As a for instance I have a newegg store card. So they approve you for X (i think mine was like 5k or something) and you pay nothing extra unless you go past the 12 months, then they hose the shit out of you. I used it once when I had a trusted customer project that I had to get done ASAP before the check was going to come.... then when I got paid I just paid it off in full the next month with no fees/interest.

This.... very short term debt is great for contingencies and one offs.

I think it's worth it. I take Sezzle for purchases over a certain amount (Klarna and Afterpay are similar companies). Sezzle doesn't use a credit check/score and is very pro 2A if that is the way you're going. Problem is they take roughly 6% from the merchant (but you can negotiate lower based on sales volume). So it's not really financing. Rather, it's a third party company letting you split the payments over four installments that charges the merchant a high processing fee to underwrite the risk of effectively allowing anyone to buy on terms. If you can negotiate an appropriate rate, it's 100% worth it to offer. I believe Klarna and Afterpay may charge less but also don't have a booth at Shot Show.

The whole idea behind financing options is to increase the overall cart value. In my limited time using Sezzle, it certainly does make the average cart bigger.

... which is why I have to stay religiously within my budget and buy only what I can afford. [laugh]
I understand. However, I've come across people who can easily afford what they want, just prefer to spread the payments out for one reason or another. The cart size increases usually due to accessories and ammo - things that would be bought later, maybe within the 8 week pay off span, that the customer prefers to buy now. One of the things w/ Sezzle or Afterpay is that it's not credit check based, so having a good credit score and history is not relevant. Your purchasing power increases the more you use the platform. So it doesn't allow someone, no matter economic status, to really overspend.

I understand. However, I've come across people who can easily afford what they want, just prefer to spread the payments out for one reason or another. The cart size increases usually due to accessories and ammo - things that would be bought later, maybe within the 8 week pay off span, that the customer prefers to buy now. One of the things w/ Sezzle or Afterpay is that it's not credit check based, so having a good credit score and history is not relevant. Your purchasing power increases the more you use the platform. So it doesn't allow someone, no matter economic status, to really overspend.
It's probably fine for some. :) I just got the big zing a year or so back when I fell for a "0% financing deal" on a new furnace... so I am hyper-sensitive about avoiding such gotcha offers even from reputable people now. The only thing I plan to finance ever again is a replacement vehicle when my current one dies. Other than that, I am 100% pay-in-full as you go. [thumbsup]

Perhaps they should have put in a poll instead with no replies allowed? No one is giving them financial advice, people are concerned that this feature may cause an increase in costs/price since there's no such thing as a free lunch. This is NES, if you ask a question you may not just get the answer you're looking for.
We appreciate all the feedback!

OH, How American, Buy now pay later ! NO THANKS. PAY NOW AND PAY CASH !!!!!
This would only promote more people buying more stuff that they can't really afford.

OH, How American, Buy now pay later ! NO THANKS. PAY NOW AND PAY CASH !!!!!
This would only promote more people buying more stuff that they can't really afford.
So I take it you don't have credit cards?
Or a debit card since you pay in cash instead.
Must not buy anything online then huh?

Why do you care how people buy things?

Maybe someone came into some money and decided with that money they wanted to take a class but also need ammo for said class. But they don't have enough for both.

Are you now saying people shouldn't train if they don't pay in cash?
Or that they should buy the ammo and not train?

No what i am saying is that if most people had to reach in to there pocket and hand over the cash as compared to swiping the card they would think twice about buying the item before they do. We don't have to live our lives like the horrible example our government is setting for us with there spending habits. Especially items like ammo and food. The ammo is already gone before you actually paid for it. Like food, you have already shit it out and it long gone before the credit card bill shows up in the mail. And i do have a card and i have purchased reloading powder on it to stock up because i have lived thru the shortages many times but i am not asking the retailer to give me FAKE interest free payment plan that just drives up the price for everyone else because they can't really wait for there money so they just inflate the price tag to make up for it. HUUM where have we seen that before, OH ya ( 0% Financing ) on a way over inflated price tag on a car or a truck. Ya the car manufacturers can wait for there money for 5 years. That's why i care how people buy things. The whole world is 4 to 7 % more expensive just because everything has a price tag that reflects the % that the chart card companies charge the retailer to run the card. And we live in the state that doesn't allow for the retailer to charge you more for swiping the card instead of paying cash for an item, that's why the gun shops offer a cash discount. So when gas was $ 5.50 a gallon i had to pay 35 to 40 cents more a gallon for my fuel because the price reflected a credit price only. Don't you think a small time owner/operator with a truck would like to pay cash and save 40 cents a gallon on his 100 gallon fill up of 6.50 a gallon diesel.

Back
Top Bottom