• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Poll: Majority of American Adults Want Stricter Enforcement of Existing Gun Laws

Lol @ "polling"

These were the same polling agencies that were telling people that Hillary Clinton "will win the 2016 election easily" etc. Sample set of 100, 65% of which are single moms that aren't working lmao

View attachment 574538

Hillary's got 2024 in the bag. Hillary/Kamala girl power Madam President here we come
With mail in voting any dem has it in the bag. Very doubtful Harris would agree to be vp if puddin’head leaves in 4, especially not to Clinton. Plus, there is the big question of whether Dr Jill allows him to step down after 4 years, though I’m sure she’ll get tossed some comfy position somewhere and thrown a few million in book deals and speaking deals to compensate. There is a huge power struggle in the dem party between the Clintons and the Obamas, and I think the clout the Clintons once held is greatly diminished and the obamas have the upper hand. after the mid-term elections you’ll know what direction the dem party will go in for 2024. My guess is you’ll see puff pieces on Michelle’s leadership skills start rolling out. if You’re the obamas, it makes no sense to give the first female president role to Hillary or Kamala. the only thing stopping that is whether Michelle wants to give up a comfy lifestyle making millions for the stress of that office and getting hammered by the new media on a daily basis.

I don’t think the mid-terms are a slam dunk for the repubs, either.

A poll conducted by Rasmussen Reports shows that 63 percent of American adults believe the country needs stricter enforcement of existing gun laws.

63% of the people that answered the phone felt that way. I don't answer the phone unless I know the caller or are expecting a call

I don't think I'm alone in this.

Progressives always answer the phone just in case it is an idiot pollster

Meh. This all depends on how the question was asked which the article doesn’t appear to note. If the question was framed as “do you support the enforcement of existing gun laws or the passage of new ones” it would bias the results. It doesn’t necessarily mean people want more enforcement, it just means they don’t want more gun laws

Lol @ "polling"

These were the same polling agencies that were telling people that Hillary Clinton "will win the 2016 election easily" etc. Sample set of 100, 65% of which are single moms that aren't working lmao
Not Rasmussen. They’re pretty accurate.

And why not enforce what’s on the books in the hoods?

We here all bend over backwards to be legal. Enforcement of existing laws in Chicago for example WITHOUT REGARD to trying to protect BLM might actually help reduce crime.

Why should we have to go through gyrations to get legal but the hood rats buy and carry illegally with immunity?

I get it, there should be no laws on 2A. But given there are and we abide by them, why aren’t they enforced equally across the board?

Meh I sometimes participate in yougov polls and a lot of times they ask really bad questions or questions which can't really be answered with the pre-canned answers. Don't worry I jump on every gun one and demand all gun laws be repealed. But all things considered I think polls are essentially useless tripe that only make one tribe giggle and the other frown. In other words it's all crap. Stasticial masturbation for one tribe to be happy about.

Lol its still another shit polling company that probably uses a low sample rate.

I've said this in other threads, but over the past how many years, have any of you guys EVER been polled about gun politics? [rofl]

Their data sourcing is dubious at best.

Because most of those laws are pure shit, and unconstitutional to begin with. And have proven time and time again that they do nothing to stop violent crime, even
when enforced. It is like pissing into the wind, as bad or worse than stuff like the war on drugs.

I realize Jingoservatives love to suck gun law c***, but really? If someone isn't shooting a gun in the air or using a stolen gun in a crime or similar, who cares?

Most of the gun laws were created purely to advance gun control, and on average gun laws are more likely to screw an otherwise law abiding citizen in a damaging
way. The thug lyfe guy on his third unlawful possession case has a lot less to lose vs joe averageperson say for inadvertantly violating a shit "straw purchase" law or some other
garbage that shouldn't be illegal.

I realize the NRA thinks its trying to pander to the middles by lapping the ballbag of advocating enforcement of existing laws.... but really? it's beyond the pale at this point.

Lol @ "polling"

The best poll was a Washington post/abc news poll a week before the 2020 election which had biden winning Wisconsin by 16 or 17%. He won by 20,000 votes, 6/10ths of a percent. Polling in 2016 was generally poor but the 2020 polling was far far worse.

The polls had Lindsey graham in a toss up election in 202, he won it by 10%. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e..._carolina_senate_graham_vs_harrison-7083.html

Polls in 2020 showed Collins losing. I think there were 40 polls in 2020 and all but one showed Collins losing. She won by 8 1/2%. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/senate/me/maine_senate_collins_vs_gideon-6928.html

The senate races in 2020 were brutally bad. The dems believed them and poured $90 million into the SC senate race, tens of millions into Maine, Iowa, Texas, etc and they got thumped everywhere. I think McConnells opponent raised over $50 million and she lost by 20 something. They literally lit money on fire in so many races which were not even close.

Meh I sometimes participate in yougov polls and a lot of times they ask really bad questions or questions which can't really be answered with the pre-canned answers. Don't worry I jump on every gun one and demand all gun laws be repealed. But all things considered I think polls are essentially useless tripe that only make one tribe giggle and the other frown. In other words it's all crap. Stasticial masturbation for one tribe to be happy about.
Yes!!!

This highlights another huge problem, even on the off chance someone IS polled, the person being interviewed is often walled off into either a shit question or a very limited number of
questions. So they ask if someone wants "stricter enforcement of existing gun laws" without even establishing in the polling whether or not the person being polled even understands
what "existing gun laws" even are to begin with. This is curated to deliver a predictable LCD/NPC style robot grade shit response from the people polled. If they ask dumb questions they
are going to get dumb answers, and often this is by design.

Yes!!!

This highlights another huge problem, even on the off chance someone IS polled, the person being interviewed is often walled off into either a shit question or a very limited number of
questions. So they ask if someone wants "stricter enforcement of existing gun laws" without even establishing in the polling whether or not the person being polled even understands
what "existing gun laws" even are to begin with. This is curated to deliver a predictable LCD/NPC style robot grade shit response from the people polled. If they ask dumb questions they
are going to get dumb answers, and often this is by design.

I get stuff like:

What color is the sky?

(a) Red
(b) Pink
(c) Purple
(d) Not sure

So I answer d and the poll conclusion is "Most people don't know what color the sky is. Color blindness is a health crisis issue"

[1] This poll was funded by the national institute for the promotion of tolerance towards color blindness

A lot of the stuff I see is definitely guiding towards a conclusion. So a gun one would be:

Should the united states ban the possession of assault weapons?

(a) Yes
(b) Yes with whipped cream and cherries on top
(c) Yes it should have been done 3 weeks ago
(d) Unsure
(e) Maybe but lean towards banning and confiscation

What's the correct answer? See it's a trick question. I've seen that a lot with Biden polls lately

I get stuff like:

What color is the sky?

(a) Red
(b) Pink
(c) Purple
(d) Not sure

So I answer d and the poll conclusion is "Most people don't know what color the sky is. Color blindness is a health crisis issue"

[1] This poll was funded by the national institute for the promotion of tolerance towards color blindness

A lot of the stuff I see is definitely guiding towards a conclusion. So a gun one would be:

Should the united states ban the possession of assault weapons?

(a) Yes
(b) Yes with whipped cream and cherries on top
(c) Yes it should have been done 3 weeks ago
(d) Unsure
(e) Maybe but lean towards banning and confiscation

What's the correct answer? See it's a trick question. I've seen that a lot with Biden polls lately
Date/time/place?

[grin]

A poll conducted by Rasmussen Reports shows that 63 percent of American adults believe the country needs stricter enforcement of existing gun laws.

Do these Americans polled mean the laws that already exist, the same ones that criminals pay no attention to? So if we make them stricter, criminals will finally listen. Gun control laws do not control guns, they only control the people that are allowed to own and carry them.

Do these Americans polled mean the laws that already exist, the same ones that criminals pay no attention to? So if we make them stricter, criminals will finally listen. Gun control laws do not control guns, they only control the people that are allowed to own and carry them.

Very few people know anything about gun laws. I bet 50% of gun owners would get a D on a quiz about gun knowledge on gun laws on NES, and other gun boards isn’t what a typical gun owner has. Look at how poorly cops know the laws their tasked with enforcing.

Lol its still another shit polling company that probably uses a low sample rate.

I've said this in other threads, but over the past how many years, have any of you guys EVER been polled about gun politics? [rofl]

Their data sourcing is dubious at best.

Because most of those laws are pure shit, and unconstitutional to begin with. And have proven time and time again that they do nothing to stop violent crime, even
when enforced. It is like pissing into the wind, as bad or worse than stuff like the war on drugs.

I realize Jingoservatives love to suck gun law c***, but really? If someone isn't shooting a gun in the air or using a stolen gun in a crime or similar, who cares?

Most of the gun laws were created purely to advance gun control, and on average gun laws are more likely to screw an otherwise law abiding citizen in a damaging
way. The thug lyfe guy on his third unlawful possession case has a lot less to lose vs joe averageperson say for inadvertantly violating a shit "straw purchase" law or some other
garbage that shouldn't be illegal.

I realize the NRA thinks its trying to pander to the middles by lapping the ballbag of advocating enforcement of existing laws.... but really? it's beyond the pale at this point.

A LOT of the gun laws are definitely garbage and as you say, trap innocent or harmless people into felonies. The straw purchase SCOTUS case abramski. Is a great example. Abramski was a cop who used his cop discount to buy a pistol for his uncle in another state. He brought it to the uncle, they did the transfer at an FFL. He gets hit with the straw buy charge because when he bought it for the uncle originally to get the discount, he checked box he was the buyer. Both were legally allowed to possess and the did the across state lines transfer through an FFL.

The uncle wrote him a check and in the memo field it said something about glock pistol and that was the evidence they used to show he was buying it for the uncle through the discount program. If the uncle didn’t put that and abramski and the uncle said nothing, there is no case

Stupid laws like mag limits, scary feature AWBs, it’s all security theater. It’s like TSA at an airport wanting a 90 yr old Asian woman. She’s no threat, they’re putting on a show for appearance.

Depending on how the poll was worded, I'm pretty sure I'd vote for that over making up new BS laws.

If the poll asked if there are too many laws to start with, even better, get rid of the NFA, and just throw away the keys on someone convicted of using a weapon in the commission of a crime of violence. Leave the rest of us alone.

I think part of the problem is gun charges are always part of a plea deal.
Plead guilty to possession with intent to distribute (instead of trafficking) and we'll drop the gun charge.
So everyone sees it as being soft on enforcement of gun laws

How bout we crack down on whackos who are dangerous with guns and leave the rest of us alone?

I think part of the problem is gun charges are always part of a plea deal.
Plead guilty to possession with intent to distribute (instead of trafficking) and we'll drop the gun charge.
So everyone sees it as being soft on enforcement of gun laws

How bout we crack down on whackos who are dangerous with guns and leave the rest of us alone?

Eliminate guns from the sentence. The system needs to do a better job of removing the dangerous criminals and dangerous mentally ill from society. The system shouldn’t hammer people who are harmless who may have violated a law, they need to target the dangerous. Plenty of dangerous mentally ill or criminal who use knives, cars, push people in front of trains, etc.

All prosecutors and judges should look at the dangerousness of the people charged.

A LOT of the gun laws are definitely garbage and as you say, trap innocent or harmless people into felonies. The straw purchase SCOTUS case abramski. Is a great example. Abramski was a cop who used his cop discount to buy a pistol for his uncle in another state. He brought it to the uncle, they did the transfer at an FFL. He gets hit with the straw buy charge because when he bought it for the uncle originally to get the discount, he checked box he was the buyer. Both were legally allowed to possess and the did the across state lines transfer through an FFL.

The uncle wrote him a check and in the memo field it said something about glock pistol and that was the evidence they used to show he was buying it for the uncle through the discount program. If the uncle didn’t put that and abramski and the uncle said nothing, there is no case

Stupid laws like mag limits, scary feature AWBs, it’s all security theater. It’s like TSA at an airport wanting a 90 yr old Asian woman. She’s no threat, they’re putting on a show for appearance.
When my MIL was still alive she went for her first flight in her mid 80's and was wheel chair bound.
The TSA agent said to her "Would you mind getting out of the chair for us ?"
She looked him right in the eye and said "Your not too f*cking bright are you ?" [rofl]

We here all bend over backwards to be legal. Enforcement of existing laws in Chicago for example WITHOUT REGARD to trying to protect BLM might actually help reduce crime.

Why should we have to go through gyrations to get legal but the hood rats buy and carry illegally with immunity?

I get it, there should be no laws on 2A. But given there are and we abide by them, why aren’t they enforced equally across the board?
In states like Ma, the laws are set up to be purposely unintelligible. They will use this to go after the honest gun owners anyways.

Back
Top Bottom