• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Poll: I am angry with Target Sports USA because...

I am angry with Target Sports USA because

• Total voters
I think a big problem with Massachusetts NESers is that we think, since TSUSA was the first (and as far as I know the only) internet ammo provider to give a public FU to Maura and her minions and they are located in Connecticut, that they are somehow a Mass/New England only business. We forget that MA probably represents a small portion of their over all US sales. We get upset when “our” internet ammo provider isn’t making sure that we can buy all the ammo we want at decent prices. TSUSA has done me well over the past couple of years and I stick with a business that I respect. I’ll be renewing my Prime not only because it does save me money on all the oddball boxes I buy to try out different ammo in different guns, but to support a company that’s trying to do right in defending the 2nd Amendment.
Dont over look TSUSA other products.
2020 was a random “replace/upgrade” non ammo purchase year.
i bought prime late 2019 places a good size order in Jan/Feb that was assorted small lots so shipping would have been more than prime. , i used the remaining prime membership on small odd ball non ammo orders.
my mystery box? Bunch of small stuff,

I have no issue with them and I never joined Prime for no real reason, I just didn't.

Ain't bitchin. Slight topic drift: If SO can place a multi million dollar order wonder what kind of coins TSUSA drops when they call up? I'll bet the manufactures love that call.

I think a big problem with Massachusetts NESers is that we think, since TSUSA was the first (and as far as I know the only) internet ammo provider to give a public FU to Maura and her minions and they are located in Connecticut, that they are somehow a Mass/New England only business. We forget that MA probably represents a small portion of their over all US sales. We get upset when “our” internet ammo provider isn’t making sure that we can buy all the ammo we want at decent prices. TSUSA has done me well over the past couple of years and I stick with a business that I respect. I’ll be renewing my Prime not only because it does save me money on all the oddball boxes I buy to try out different ammo in different guns, but to support a company that’s trying to do right in defending the 2nd Amendment.

True, I have read people here say that they have buying power and can influence TS prices by ganging up and not buying or something.

Completely delusional, but comedic.

I'll say this, if someone polled the non-Mass people if they used TSUSA and also asked if they're Mass emigrees, I don't think many people on here who aren't from Mass use it.

The only people I know of both on here and IRL who religiously buy from them are Mass people or former Mass. In RI, NH, etc., there's simply far more and better options.

While I'm sure most of their business comes from outside Mass, Mass people fixate on it a ton more than people from elsewhere.

I've never bought anything from them and the only people who I know that do are Mass or former Mass residents.

That's really not it though. That worked in the fall but not anymore. By the time you get the notification it's too late and sometimes the notifications don't even come at all. I've seen stuff pop up on the site right as I was browsing it and by the time I clicked add to cart it was out of stock. What's your solution for items that sell out literally within mere seconds?
That's not really their fault though. They have been taking measures now to discourage bots and auto-refreshers. They can't help that there are probably hundreds of dealers and thousands of customers sitting on their computers refreshing the 9mm page all day.

My biggest complaint is they don't protect your cart. If you fast enough to get something into your cart it should stay in your cart while checking out.
This has happened to me multiple times.,. Very annoying

I don't have any complaints with them. Except that they're perpetually out of stock for reasons which are out of their control. I never had a problem back when they had stuff to purchase. I never had a prime membership and at this point, since theres never inventory to buy, why would I bother? I don't have enough ammo to go do mag dumps or those day long range trips of old, but I do have more than enough ammo for any circumstance when my guns might actually need to be fired. I seldom waste scarce ammo save for zeroing a new gun or getting a bit of practice in here or there. Its mostly muskets and airguns these days...

My biggest complaint is they don't protect your cart. If you fast enough to get something into your cart it should stay in your cart while checking out.
Like ticketmaster..hold for 15 minutes, if you cant get an order done in 15 minutes, release it. Do they think the next person in line won’t buy it?

I haven’t even looked at their site for months. everything I want is out of stock and im still ok with my current inventory

Obviously the solution is to buy a 50cal. Still plenty of those rounds in stock & primers for it at shooters outpost. Now I just have to figure out what I can buy that shoots it.

Bunch of f*cking liars on NES. Most of you are skinflints.

Don't be a b*tch about it, embrace it. Be proud of the skinflint life.

Obviously the solution is to buy a 50cal. Still plenty of those rounds in stock & primers for it at shooters outpost. Now I just have to figure out what I can buy that shoots it.
A metal pipe and a hammer.

Thanks to COVID, I have to sit in front of the computer in my den every frigging day in the company of two very moody teenagers! Thankfully, I had something to look forward to every day. For one hour every day, I would open the Target Sports website and refresh the main page every couple of minutes. I did this for weeks. Most days the ammo was either the wrong caliber or gone too soon. That said, I was able to accumulate enough ammo at decent prices. At first, I tried to buy as much as I could(1000 rounds of 9mm at a time) but failed every single time! Then I started buying 2-4 boxes and suddenly I was getting ammo! Unfortunately, I have gotten more than enough ammo now and have stopped my daily routine of hitting the website in the morning. I'm back to being grumpy...
Point is, despite its unworkable notification system, despite droves of gun dealers using bots to buy up everything so they can turn around and sell it to people at a profit(Scalping comes to mind) I was able to get ammo at a reasonable cost and no longer panic about running out of ammo. Target Sport is on my "good people" list that's for sure!

That's not really their fault though. They have been taking measures now to discourage bots and auto-refreshers. They can't help that there are probably hundreds of dealers and thousands of customers sitting on their computers refreshing the 9mm page all day.
I'm not angry at TSUSA but I'm annoyed at the implication that being frustrated over ammo availability is somehow unwarranted. I'm not lazy, unable to use a computer, etc.

I've literally refreshed the page and saw ammo pop up in stock at that very moment, clicked on it, and it was gone - from in stock to sold out in 5sec. Don't tell me that that had anything to do with notifications, skinflinting, etc.

My only potential gripe with TSUSA is if they aren't fighting bots, but that's about it. I get it, demand far outweighs supply right now, which is simply frustrating.

I don't think you can really do that without causing more havoc, unless you only protected the cart for some stupidly short period of time.

I don't think you can really do that without causing more havoc, unless you only protected the cart for some stupidly short period of time.
I love people holding Ticketmaster as the paragon of good business practices. They've been convicted of selling to scalpers how many times now?

TSUSA is better than most ammo places. Prime is great if you're buying a few boxes at a time, the free shipping is great. In case-quantity, the discount is acceptable. Shipping is lighting fast. Sure, prices and supply suck, but that's industry-wide.

Would be nice if they added an "instant checkout" button. Assigns a card, shipping location, and shipping preference to the button. See something you like that is miraculously in stock, press the button and it's ordered. No second page. No futzing around with filling in redundant information they already have from your last order. Just done. Would help a bit in this scenario.

Inspired by all the Target Sports whining and bitching.

Remember, TSUSA was the first company to PUBLICLY stand up to the AG bullshit letters saying no shipping ammo. Now we have lots of companies openly shipping to MA. So please self identify your gender above...
People are bitching about Target Sports? How does that go about biting the hand that feeds you?

Back
Top Bottom