Votes: 11 11.5%
  • 1 day - down and back on bus.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • Overnight - let's check on rooms.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Overnight with bus as transport.

Votes: 18 18.8%

• Total voters
If you guys want to wear tie-dyes, braid your hair, and smoke the bud all the way down more power to you. Just make sure you let people know you're from MA. [wink]

I was thinking more like road-sodas! I *am* drinking going down there, and I am not driving myself. So bus, train, plane, or beer friendly car-poolers. [smile]

I'd be up for going down Sunday night and coming back Monday night, but that's the earliest I'd be able to go - I'd prefer the daytrip option so that I can SLEEP on the way down. I will no doubt be running an Appleseed Shoot the weekend prior so I couldn't leave any earlier than sometime that Sunday night.

As for the Mystery Machine... all I gotta say is that once EddieCoyle sees that, he's gonna forget ALL about my Subaru! [laugh]

As for the Mystery Machine... all I gotta say is that once EddieCoyle sees that, he's gonna forget ALL about my Subaru! [laugh]

[laugh2] it started out because of a friends son. he loves scooby doo and when i got the van i put a couple of stickers on it for him - then it took off with a mind all its own [rofl] scooby from the 60's, woodstock 60's, flower power 60's you get the drift.[laugh]

i will say this, 99.9% of the people who see it love it. the stories i could tell!

sorry for the hijack of this very important thread.

Last edited:
I vote for bus, no staying at a hotel.

Can however is organizing this please look into having several stops to allow folks to get on. I would rather not drive all the way into Mass. please, surely there could be a stop at a P&R in CT somewhere.

Cold baked bean, that were simmered in onions and brown sugar, sandwiches on the way down. See who can clear out the bus![laugh]

I can do that. I cleared out a 727.

Are you both sure you want to do that? The reason I ask is because Mother will be on that bus. Look to the left.....think of Mother.....now, answer the question.

Being school vacation week, I'll be in for either down/march/return or a one-night stay with early departure. Frankly, I don't want to bring the kiddo into the cesspool of DC, so she'll be home with the wifey.

Which sucks, because she was considering coming along.

There is also the train option... Plane will be beaucoup bucks that day though. Normally $500 one day mid week and $800 on Mon and Fri day trip. On weekends $100...

Actually, if you book your flights far enough in advance you can do it for around 250.00 (or less depending on availability of discounted fares) round trip into DCA or Dulles. If you fly into BWI and take the airport train into DC (about a 45 minute ride), you can sometimes find fares as low as 125.00 round trip.

They would be non refundable fares however, an in most cases you have to purchase them within 24 hours of making your reservation.

Last edited:
I like the sound of 1 day bus and back. Southwest is cheap and that might be an option. I flew to Baltimore and back in one day before. DC is just a train ride away.

Southwest:
Web special for January mid week (the farthest you could book in advance): $120 round trip!!!
Hartford to BWI

Last edited:
There are some REALLY CHEAP bus lines we could use. You may need an interpreter though.

18ggh1.jpg

So far 32 want a 1 day down and back and it's in the lead - with 11 meeting there.

We've got enough time before plans HAVE to be made, so we'll leave this up and see how many more vote.

I recieved a quote today from a bus company. As of right now the price is only $52.34 per person for a down and back trip. Of course this is subject to change. This would be a 47 passanger bus

This is a cheap price to help protect your 2nd amendment rights

Last edited:
I recieved a quote today from a bus company. As of right now the price is only $52.34 per person for a down and back trip. Of course this is subject to change. This would be a 47 passanger bus

This is a cheap price to help protect your 2nd amendment rights

Thanks luv!

Fyi.
I went to the march this past Saturday in DC.

Flight BOS / BWI $98
7 pass SUV - $45/day
Gas - $ 0 ( tank needle stayed on full)
Lunch with 4 other guys & a lot of beer - $225
Parking - $10

Experience - Priceless

my total cost for the day was roughly $175....that included serious boozing

Last edited:
So far 1 day down and back seems to be in the lead with no pressure from a runner up.

Kiver - how much notice do these folks need for a bus? Also - does the price include them paying the tolls and gas?

When it gets closer to the time when we need to cast it in stone, I'll start a list for those that are coming and who's bringing someone with them.

So far 1 day down and back seems to be in the lead with no pressure from a runner up.

Kiver - how much notice do these folks need for a bus? Also - does the price include them paying the tolls and gas?

When it gets closer to the time when we need to cast it in stone, I'll start a list for those that are coming and who's bringing someone with them.

I believe this is the cost including everything and taxes. This does not include any driver tip. I can get the contract done at anytime but I will wait a bit to make sure we can fill the bus. They want everything in and done by January. The bus company is Five Star Transportation out of Agawam.

I believe this is the cost including everything and taxes. This does not include any driver tip. I can get the contract done at anytime but I will wait a bit to make sure we can fill the bus. They want everything in and done by January. The bus company is Five Star Transportation out of Agawam.

Beginning, middle or end of January? ( and thanks sweetie)

Beginning, middle or end of January? ( and thanks sweetie)

By the end of Jan, however I want everything in and paid for well before then in case if there are any back outs etc. I may make this non refundable (you would need someone to buy you out). Since this is going to cost near $2500 I do not want to come out short. I will start a new thread soon to see who is committed. I am not sure how big this will be but if needed I can easily get a second bus

By the end of Jan, however I want everything in and paid for well before then in case if there are any back outs etc. I may make this non refundable (you would need someone to buy you out). Since this is going to cost near $2500 I do not want to come out short. I will start a new thread soon to see who is committed. I am not sure how big this will be but if needed I can easily get a second bus

Absolutely make it non-refundable. You can't be left holding the bag if folks back out of it. I would wait until the end of Oct or beg of Nov to get hard numbers tho of who and how many. Like I said, I'm a member and took the poll and am planning on going, but hubby is coming with me so that's 2, not just 1. I'm sure most of that 37 will have someone going with them, so it's probably a good bet we might need 2 buses. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom