Polishing stainless revolver to remove scratches & brighten it up

ntomsw

Banned
What do you guys use for polishing?? I have heard you can use Mother's Mag Polish, etc.

I am looking to polish the stainless steel single action revolver I got last night, to shine it up, and to hopefully remove the surface scratches just from being 19 years old. Would the Mother's do all of that? None of the scratches are bad, just would like to brighten it up and make it look like new. I already took the whole gun apart piece by piece and checked all the pieces and re-assembled it and cleaned it thoroughly, and now want to polish it as well.

I was going to send it out to a gun smith and have them polish it, but if I can achieve the same thing by paying $20 for Mother's, I figured it is worth a try.

Anyone ever do this, or have any pictures to show of the polishing you did to your revolvers? Any info would be great. Thanks guys.

Yeah, I went out and bought the Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish. I also bought a small really soft polishing wheel to attach it to my drill. I will work on it later and see how it comes out.

use flitz and a variable speed dremel tool, you'll be amazed what the

flitz polish does, and its not aggressive and will not ruin you gun.

Too late, I already bought the Mothers Mag Polish. If it doesn't work though, I will try the Flitz. I googled it and found numerous threads where people say to use Mothers or Flitz, but I went with the Mothers.

I took a sort of satin finish Model 60 and polished it up to shiny with the mothers polish.

Doing it by hand is a real bitch. Dremel tool all the way.

Back
Top Bottom