Polished My Beretta 92FS Inox Slide Flats

I know a lot of people don't like shiny guns for a variety of reasons but I'm not LE or a secret agent and this is going to be my every day range shooter so I don't care about being flashy. I also like cleaning my guns so that's no issue either. I like anything made of SS and like to shine it up.

I started with dry 400 grit LIGHTLY just to take off any high spots.
I jumped right up to 1000 grit wet. I stapled the paper to a block and used an assortment of fluids from gun oil to headlight dehazing paste and automotive polishing compound.
Then I did the same with 2000 grit.
Then I used a two sided jewelry cloth for the final finish.
It still has a few swirls I have to get out but it came out nice. Literally like a mirror. I'm going to buy a polishing wheel to finish it off.
I did a bit here and a bit there and all told I probably spent 4 hours on it. This is a hobby for me and I don't mind spending the time on stuff like this.
It looks a lot better in person. I don't have very good lighting.

IMG_0719-CopyEdit_zpsa458dac2.jpg IMG_0722-CopyEdit_zpseaeeffe7.jpg IMG_0718-CopyEdit_zps1682697a.jpg

I think that looks pretty sharp! nice contrast against the matte finish on the rest of it.

Thanks guys.

Looks awesome, think I might do the same to mine

The first few swipes is pretty scary! [laugh] It's that point of no return feeling when you look at the slide and see all those scratches hoping that they will eventually buff out.

I'll have my daughter snap some good shots with her nice camera once I've hit it with the polishing wheel.

That looks awesome. My old S&W Lew Horton edition 3" 1911 had a similar treatment - it was a black slide that had the sides polished and it is just a really nice contrast. Looks like you did a great job.

That looks awesome. My old S&W Lew Horton edition 3" 1911 had a similar treatment - it was a black slide that had the sides polished and it is just a really nice contrast. Looks like you did a great job.

I saw that gun at FS and it was partly where I got the idea. The black slide with polished flats looked great.

I have a stainless Caspian 1911, I thought about touching up the slide for a high polish as well (the rest is a light beadblast), might just do this after seeing this. Good work!

That's pretty sweet looking! Great job. Kinda reminds me of the old Bren Ten from Miami Vice. Excellent work!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom