• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Polish Mauser k29

I have finally found my Holy Grail Mauser. I'm polish so I've been searching for one for a long time. 1930 model k29 with crest intact and no ugly import marks anywhere. Numbers matching but the bolt which is still correct polish. Mirror shine bore. And correct polish sling. More Pictures to come.

20180513_174417.jpg

I have finally found my Holy Grail Mauser. I'm polish so I've been searching for one for a long time. 1930 model k29 with crest intact and no ugly import marks anywhere. Numbers matching but the bolt which is still correct polish. Mirror shine bore. And correct polish sling. More Pictures to come.

View attachment 233675
need range report

just don't use any of this stuff on it. i saw my girlfriend had a bottle and i threw it in the trash so she couldn't use it on me.

opi-nail-treatment-polish-remover-with-aloe-vera-pink-p4915-71984_medium.jpg

Still haven't been able to hit the range... Was too busy at work and my shop to head out. Gonna try again this weekend.

Also found myself a nice polish k98 scrubbed for service in the Spanish civil war which was a cool one to me. 20180520_141251.jpg 20180520_141304.jpg 20180520_141244.jpg 20180520_141308.jpg 20180520_141327.jpg

On the bottom of the stock behind the serial is a small Nazi cartouche which is interesting since usually the Nazis stamped everything

Nice piece...

...and here's what happened afterwards. 1939 WZ29 receiver captured at Radom by the Germans. In 1940, all the parts were shipped to Steyr (code 660) in Austria to be completed into K98ks. This was one of 10,000 G.29/40s, as they were called, and 2,000 K98s completed by Steyr for the Kriegsmarine (e/M) in the summer of 1940. Bolt mismatch example.

t[wave]
IMG_4716.jpg IMG_4717.jpg IMG_4718.jpg IMG_4719.jpg

Last edited:
On the bottom of the stock behind the serial is a small Nazi cartouche which is interesting since usually the Nazis stamped everything

That means it went through a German Depot and was issued as Beutewaffen, or a captured weapon put into German service. Such rifles were not renumbered. Czech VZ24s that were depot reworked have a few numbers stamped - or none - mostly on the bolt, stock, and bands.

Mine has all parts stamped matching as it was completed from a captured receiver. Depending on the parts, some receivers have the Polish crest, some don't some are dated, and some are blank. Stamped and dated receivers completed as G.29/40's command a premium over those that don't.

t

That means it went through a German Depot and was issued as Beutewaffen, or a captured weapon put into German service. Such rifles were not renumbered. Czech VZ24s that were depot reworked have a few numbers stamped - or none - mostly on the bolt, stock, and bands.

Mine has all parts stamped matching as it was completed from a captured receiver. Depending on the parts, some receivers have the Polish crest, some don't some are dated, and some are blank. Stamped and dated receivers completed as G.29/40's command a premium over those that don't.

t

Ah, cool! I know a decent bit about the older polish k98s, k29s, and avg wz29s. It was so hard to find this one. In due time I will find myself a nice 29/40 like yours, the history behind these is just awesome.

Back
Top Bottom