Police: Woburn Man Who Just Received License To Carry Accidentally Shoots Friend While Showing New Gun

Two brunettes. Young, very fit. One had collar-length hair and the other a short pony tail. Their Crown Vic had Federal Signal siren/loudhailer, Motorola multi-channel two way radio with scanner and MDT data terminal. For firepower, there was an extended mag Remington 870 and an Armalite 180 in a twin mount, bolted to front of the prisoner cage. Suffice it to say, they were well-equipped. Hard to remember it all. So many years ago. As a 19 year old guy getting his first (and only!) arrest, you can imagine the stress this caused for me.
I mean some people pay extra for that level of service :)

Four years ago, my daughter got a new-to-her car. Cost me $5K. It was a gem. Diamond in the rough. Less than 2 weeks later, she pulled out in front of someone and totaled the car. (We then replaced it with a similar vintage, stripped down model. She drove an 03 Corolla with CRANK WINDOWS and a bad paint job - previous owner wanted a black car and owned a silver one - which continued to orange-peel and slide in spots.)

Stuff happens. We think nothing of it when talking about a 2,000-5,000 wheeled death machine. A gun??? ZOMG!!!

That said - be careful no matter what death-inflicting-item you are fondling. LOL

I mean some people pay extra for that level of service :)
Ponytail handcuffed me and held my right arm while her partner ran my Illinois drivers license through the MDT to check for warrants. Then off to jail I went. Lousy experience. One I would never want to repeat. Finished college then went back home to Illinois to look for a job.

Someone on Facebook said they were the same Groupon class with him. LOL if true.
Holding out for "I was in the shop when he bought the gun".

... how was the gun "improperly stored"?
Come on, Rob; you really think it wasn't sitting out on the coffee table
when The Man arrived to confiscate it?

Still not a great term. I think we should universally switch to intentional and unintentional discharges.
Play pointless language games which happen to imply that
there are never any accidents caused by equipment failures
(see @Tinkermatic's Sig reference),
and you'll have nowhere to hide when
The Usual Suspects trot out the next phase of
gun control that tries to regulate gun reliability.

He just can't buy the black powder.
Operating operators make their own.

Careless people like this guy really put us in a tough spot.
Gun owners can reciprocate: jail, bankruptcy, ...
But there's too few of these idiots for their punishment to act as a deterrent.
You can't even keep people from driving drunk by showing the consequences,
and that's way more common than a Woburn Neck Pop.

This is a good logic exercise honestly. Saying that you should be knowledgeable on how to safely handle something as potentially dangerous as a gun before messing with one sounds like common sense. And I mean REAL common sense, not what we always hear from the left.
BTW, statistically speaking, gun coaches shunning new gun owners who are Lefties
will increase the relative injury/death rate on their side of the aisle.

Two brunettes. Young, very fit. One had collar-length hair and the other a short pony tail. Their Crown Vic had Federal Signal siren/loudhailer, Motorola multi-channel two way radio with scanner and MDT data terminal. For firepower, there was an extended mag Remington 870 and an Armalite 180 in a twin mount, bolted to front of the prisoner cage. Suffice it to say, they were well-equipped. Hard to remember it all. So many years ago.
Impressive after-action report. But take a tip from Ron White:
he won't say what brand of scotch he drinks on-stage,
because the distiller won't pay him to endorse it.

As a 19 year old guy getting his first (and only!) arrest so far, you can imagine the stress this caused for me.
(FTFY).

Holding out for "I was in the shop when he bought the gun".

Come on, Rob; you really think it wasn't sitting out on the coffee table
when The Man arrived to confiscate it?

Play pointless language games which happen to imply that
there are never any accidents caused by equipment failures
(see @Tinkermatic's Sig reference),
and you'll have nowhere to hide when
The Usual Suspects trot out the next phase of
gun control that tries to regulate gun reliability.

Operating operators make their own.

Gun owners can reciprocate: jail, bankruptcy, ...
But there's too few of these idiots for their punishment to act as a deterrent.
You can't even keep people from driving drunk by showing the consequences,
and that's way more common than a Woburn Neck Pop.

BTW, statistically speaking, gun coaches shunning new gun owners who are Lefties
will increase the relative injury/death rate on their side of the aisle.

Impressive after-action report. But take a tip from Ron White:
he won't say what brand of scotch he drinks on-stage,
because the distiller won't pay him to endorse it.

(FTFY).

I heard that California police were always the first to get state-of-the-art equipment. What those two women had as issued equipment was probably the best available to law enforcement at that time.

Way more to this than originally reported...oddly the statement of facts was filed in the public records probably so that the media could easily access the alleged facts.
Was the alleged suspect wearing Bruno Magli shoes at the time of exiting the residence?

I'm surprised they didn't nail him with the Promag.

He first claimed a burglar dressed in black did it. His multiple guns were unsecured. Later he caved and admitted he was screwing around and shot his pal by accident.
The only thing you can do dumber than shooting your best friend in the neck is to then tell the cops that another person that you (and they) know did it. [slap]

Didn't charge him with possession of the 30-round mag. Curious.

Why would they? It's just some garbage promag 30. "Pre vs Post ban" is a gigantic circus of frail crap which most police officers don't even want to get into. and the arrested person's LTC gets rid of the captain obvious charge (LCAFD without a license).

I don't think that's true. You've demonstrated safe gun ownership and a high degree of proficiency. They would have a very hard time justifying a decision that you're unsuitable.
And yet I was labeled unsuitable 19 year after a single arrest dismissal, and I lost the appeal

And yet I was labeled unsuitable 19 year after a single arrest dismissal, and I lost the appeal
After reading what happened to you, I can only come to the conclusion that when the Man wants to f#@k you, they are going to make sure it gets done. It's crazy that they caused you to lose out on a job .

Either grow a stash, beard, both or nothing depending upon your hair level but that face needs something different.
Multiple chins, splotchy facial hair and eyes that look in two different directions simultaneously.
There is a word for someone like him....Chick Magnet

Back
Top Bottom