Police: Woburn Man Who Just Received License To Carry Accidentally Shoots Friend While Showing New Gun

But a police officer does the same thing ADing(*) through someone's neck (Duncan - Stamps shooting in Framingham) and the DA's first words are "accident for which criminal charges are not appropriate". Duncan is still a police officer and presumably still has his LTC.

* - and yes, I know some are hung up on using the terminology ND.
I would definitely advise moving out of MA before having this type of ND unless you're an LEO!!

Old COP had a policy of only unrestricted for Woburn business owners or if needed for employment. A restricted LTC was easy to get. Not sure what the new COP’s stance is though as I have not had any dealings with him yet.

But a police officer does the same thing ADing(*) through someone's neck (Duncan - Stamps shooting in Framingham) and the DA's first words are "accident for which criminal charges are not appropriate". Duncan is still a police officer and presumably still has his LTC.

* - and yes, I know some are hung up on using the terminology ND.
I admit this is rumor, but last I heard was he held some high Union position as well.
Easy. Holding the gun looking at it from the side. Actually means simultaneous breaking of two fundamental safety rules, not just one.
Ya, it takes breaking 2 of the rules to actually cause harm to a person, Break one, nobody gets hurt and you're a dumbass, then there is this guy.

40 years of shooting and never an ND, I just can't understand how it happens.

And someone please start teaching the new gun owners that guns are not toys for show and tell, treat them with some respect.

Not an easy place to get a LTC. Wife and I both got "sporting" restrictions and we are not inexperienced gun owners. I held an Illinois FOID firearms license for many years. I also had to prepare a typed written letter that I had to get notarized and signed under penalty of perjury, explaining my 1985 felony arrest in Long Beach, CA for carrying what a judge ultimately determined was a perfectly legal lockblade folding knife. Morons like this guy will make the process of getting a LTC even more difficult there.
As if it wasnt difficult enough already....
Looks like "live fire" training will be a requirement to get an LTC in woburn for future LTC applicants.

Gee. I’ve managed not to shoot anybody or have a NG in 39 years of having a license.
I guess I didn’t sleep in class while safety was being covered.
Even very experienced and otherwise proficient gun guys have NDs. Complacency kills.

Also, poor kid that took one to the neck. I’ve been carrying one around in my ankle for 30 years thanks to a retard with a gun. Non gun people tend to assume that the guy holding the gun knows what he is doing.

As if it wasnt difficult enough already....
Looks like "live fire" training will be a requirement to get an LTC in woburn for future LTC applicants.
Generall I'm against the Gov adding restriction to gun ownership. But every time I hear about an incident like this, and someone brings up a training requirement with live fire, I find it hard to argue my side. It's easy for those like myself that had a decade of shooting experience before getting their LTC, to look at a completely inexperienced person just getting an LTC and wonder WTF. And frankly, what MA requires isn't really training in my mind, its just for show and to make another hoop to jump through. If it was real training it would take a lot more than one day.

Are there circumstances where I could support a, real, training requirement, maybe. It would have to be a once-in-a-lifetime thing. It would need to be paid 100% by the gov. and available to everyone. It would have to be made available on a flexible schedule so anyone could make it fit into their life (not just held Tues-Thurs at 2:30). Basically make sure it isn't a burden on anyone who wants to exercise their 2a right.

Back
Top Bottom