Police: Woburn Man Who Just Received License To Carry Accidentally Shoots Friend While Showing New Gun

StevieP

NES Member

Seriously? Someone wasn't paying attention in class
I wonder where he took his class, they should put up a poster with his picture with the "Don't be a Dumbass" underneath.

Seriously? Someone wasn't paying attention in class.
Not an easy place to get a LTC. Wife and I both got "sporting" restrictions and we are not inexperienced gun owners. I held an Illinois FOID firearms license for many years. I also had to prepare a typed written letter that I had to get notarized and signed under penalty of perjury, explaining my 1985 felony arrest in Long Beach, CA for carrying what a judge ultimately determined was a perfectly legal lockblade folding knife. Morons like this guy will make the process of getting a LTC even more difficult there.

Not an easy place to get a LTC. Wife and I both got "sporting" restrictions and we are not inexperienced gun owners. I held an Illinois FOID firearms license for many years. I also had to prepare a typed written letter that I had to get notarized and signed under penalty of perjury, explaining my 1985 felony arrest in Long Beach, CA for carrying what a judge ultimately determined was a perfectly legal lockblade folding knife. Morons like this guy will make the process of getting a LTC even more difficult there.
Not an easy place to get a license but i bet it's a place that is REAL EASY to lose a license.

that's the other end of my street, i go by that house several times a week if i want to avoid downtown traffic. there use to be unsavory characters living on that end but in the last several years young families have bought it. not familier with that shootist though, never seen him around.

Not an easy place to get a LTC.
it was easy enough that you and your wife got your ltc's, and i'm gonna guess it was your first in woburn? precedent is pretty much set here that the first is a restricted unless you can sway that decision otherwise. honestly, don't know anyone personally that banged out an "honest to god i can carry concealed" unrestricted on their first try. even me in 1970. not supporting that way of doing business by any means but it's the way it is. i've found woburn is better than most, we don't wait forever for them to move on applications or renewals, you can call and leave a message and they'll get back to you usually within the hour and they just mail your ltc to the house. and this chief issued my machine gun license. never met him, don't know him. i also had to write a letter for the machine gun license and i just introduced myself in the letter...name, address and a few other tidbits that were public record, nothing else. wish things were better but compared to the horror stories i've heard from other cities....

Morons like this guy will make the process of getting a LTC even more difficult there.
yep, ain't gonna help us. first firearm incident here in a while. it'll be remembered downtown for a while.

Dang, all that works and they place restriction on your ltc.

But a police officer does the same thing ADing(*) through someone's neck (Duncan - Stamps shooting in Framingham) and the DA's first words are "accident for which criminal charges are not appropriate". Duncan is still a police officer and presumably still has his LTC.

* - and yes, I know some are hung up on using the terminology ND.

Back
Top Bottom