• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police will be at Wellesley High School after firearm is found at nearby Hunnewell Field

It's town property. Police told me that the gun was dropped by someone they had been pursuing some point after midnight, the night before. They said it was a "major incident".

Can anyone go through the scanner logs for Wellesley PD from two nights ago to see what happened?
Also, BTW, it was an OD green Glock.

I wonder how many crimes are actually solved based on an ATF trace on a gun.
Depends on how interested ATF is at the time. I once responded to a trace request on a revolver that I sold to a local Mass resident who was still around and easy to find but was never contacted. On the other hand, my FFL son in NH transferred a LOT of guns to a NH resident which ended up with the "banana peel bandit" in Mass. They were all over that one. He had an audit and all they wanted was copies of the 4473s. BTW, all these guns came from Grabagun who shut my son off because of all the requests. This business can get interesting at times. Jack.

Last edited:
It's a bigger deal because it happened in Wellesley, if it was Dorchester we might not even have heard about it?

Actually Hunnewell Field has been a late night hunting ground for 'neer-do-wells' for some time. Because it sits just down the street from the police station it can be hazardous to anyone with larceny or mayhem in mind.

Anyone here remember the incident where a WPD officer just returning home from from working the second shift while crossing Hunnewell field was accosted by a knife wielding would be robber (rapist...lol) ? Instead of doing what cops are instinctively taught to do, he took the guy down and disarmed him while sustaining a small cut in the web of his hand.

For risking his life, he He got razzed unmercifully on the 'rape' scenario and was made front page hometown hero for a week in the Wellesley Townsman aka the 'mackerel wrapper'. IIRC, I don't think he got a CIS debrief, he was too busy laughing at what he had done

It's town property. Police told me that the gun was dropped by someone they had been pursuing some point after midnight, the night before. They said it was a "major incident".

Can anyone go through the scanner logs for Wellesley PD from two nights ago to see what happened?

How can they possibly know that?

Back
Top Bottom