Police use ShotSpotter technology to combat gun violence

It has been for the rest of us. This is the next step in a system like this, and we are concerned it won't be reigned in.

I apologize for I like to argue apples to apples instead of apples to oranges.

No problem as now I understand that there is no point to this discussion and will get off of this train wreck.[rolleyes]

I apologize for I like to argue apples to apples instead of apples to oranges.

No problem as now I understand that there is no point to this discussion and will get off of this train wreck.[rolleyes]

ok someone has to say it: half cocked, You has no idea how to form a cogent argument. You would be well advised go actually read what eeryone has said before you go and decide what is and is not relevant to the conversation at hand. Dismissing what peoplehave said doesn't actually make your argument stronger, it in fact weakens it sig ificantly.

Good luck to you and to you wishes of government spying it's people. The only power a government has is that which mthe people grant to it.

Saw that on the ARFCOM news channel on YT. Pretty funny. they spent $50M on Shotspotter and I think it led to 17 prosecutions. That's just $3mil a prosecution. Nice!

This guy should be taken out behind city hall and beaten until bloody.

Chris Taliaferro, an alderman who chairs the City Council's Committee on Police and Fire, pushed back on the decision to end the use of the technology.

"I am deeply disappointed that we will no longer be using the ShotSpotter technology to help our officers respond to calls more rapidly, render aid to gunshot victims in a more timely manner and ultimately save lives," he said in an email to NPR. "This has been a valuable tool for our police officers in high crime police districts, where some of them average a murder nearly every two weeks."

He continued that the city is "taking a step backwards" by relying on the traditional 911 call to respond to shots being fired in neighborhoods, delaying officers' response times.

"This move will certainly prove to be detrimental to the growth of Black communities and robs these communities of yet another resource aimed at helping to build the community," he said.

What the mayor found was that it increased conflicts with police and black neighborhoods. It was DETRIMENTAL to solving the crime issue. Forget that ShotSplatter was manually recategorizing "fireworks" as "shots fired" and causing units to roll out when the system CLEARLY did not call for it. Sort of like SS shilling for itself and making it SEEM useful. . . . when in fact it was just increasing tensions and wasting police resources.

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. They are used with great success down in Hartford. The system is adjustable and can differentiate between fireworks and actual gun shots

Back
Top Bottom