• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police: Two men injured in shooting accident at Keene range

Reptile

NES Member
Two safety officers went to the hospital Sunday with gunshot wounds after one accidentally fired a gun at the other at an event at the shooting range on Ferry Brook Road, Keene police said.

Officers responded to the range, run by the Cheshire County Shooting Sports Education Foundation, at about 11:40 a.m., according to Keene police Sgt. Collin L. Zamore.

One safety officer apparently attempted to give a demonstration using a dummy weapon, Zamore said, but grabbed a real firearm by mistake. The man fired the gun while his hand was in front of it, according to Zamore, and the bullet traveled through his hand and into the abdomen of a second safety officer.

Zamore confirmed both men were at the range for the 2019 annual Cheshire County Republican Shoot, scheduled from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, according to the Cheshire County Republican Committee’s website.

Police: Two men injured in shooting accident at Keene range

I wish the two safety officers a speedy recovery.

This was NOT the "Live Free or Die Shoot" which ran successfully the day before.

Hope they heal up well. Accidents happen...

I have to admit, after I read the first line about 2 going to the hospital after one shot the other, I was looking for something about return fire or at least a physical beating. Didn't think about one shooting himself first :D

Walk it off.....you'll be fine.....

I dunno. Feels a lot like dizzy bat...

iu

Back
Top Bottom