• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police Shoot, Kill Man During Warrant Search

Why take him at his house at all?

Best question! It seems stupid and instigating for problems to do a no-knock when you can bag some one outside in the open. Little bit like going into a den to hunt an animal , wait until he comes outside.

Pay no mind to the resident Wookie troll...He's the polar opposite of a cop basher - he's a .gov tete suckler. Part of the problem who believes he's part of the cure. As long as there's taxpayer dollars to be vacuumed peddling his apps that infringe, you'll nary hear him say a bad word about the milk source...

[laugh2].

Because that's where he is? Not every thug has a 9-5 to rush to every morning, especially not ones who are wanted by the police.

You mean he never goes out? Seems like a little stake out time is better than the possibility of a confrontation where the police have no clue what to expect once they get inside.

Oh. I guess I didn't realize so many thugs just sat in their house 24/7 and never ventured outside.

I didn't realize 16 white cops sitting in a van outside the apartment in a Spanish neighborhood would be noticed while waiting days on end for a criminal to poke his head out of the door.

I didn't realize 16 white cops sitting in a van outside the apartment in a Spanish neighborhood would be noticed while waiting days on end for a criminal to poke his head out of the door.

Apparently they weren't noticed in the weeks they spent building up enough evidence to raid the house.

Oh. I guess I didn't realize so many thugs just sat in their house 24/7 and never ventured outside.
It probably costs quite a bit to have a house under watch 24/7 as well as SWAT geared up and waiting while collecting time and a half. I would be surprised if that did not have something to do with it.

It probably costs quite a bit to have a house under watch 24/7 as well as SWAT geared up and waiting while collecting time and a half. I would be surprised if that did not have something to do with it.

Not to mention that in most areas, SWAT, warrant service or drug task force is a secondary designation. Every body they bring in for one is taken out of another position in the agency. It's planned within a specific window based on the warrant date, which shrinks with varying schedules of every cop and criminal involved.

Again, it apparently wasn't an issue when building the case.

One guy doing controlled buys or sneaking pictures is different than a team of cops poised to pounce within sight. Some warrants are issued without the name or photo of the individual sought.

One guy doing controlled buys or sneaking pictures is different than a team of cops poised to pounce within sight. Some warrants are issued without the name or photo of the individual sought.

This is why you guys whine about cop bashing. Here we have a multi-week investigation resulting in a warrant. There were two targets in the raid. They arrest one outside before the raid even happens. So much for your theory that the house must be stormed. The second wasn't even home. They attack the house anyway, and shoot an innocent bystander. Now we have you here justifying a violent attack on a home in the name of "officer safety". It's not that all cops are bad, it's just that the majority of them either make excuses for the bad ones, or justify bad tactics.

They could have picked this kid up anytime, just like they did before the raid.

You mean he never goes out? Seems like a little stake out time is better than the possibility of a confrontation where the police have no clue what to expect once they get inside.

Actually, if cops or CI's have been inside, they have a much better idea of what to expect. The guy's also less likely to try something if he knows his chances of escaping are slim.

This is why you guys whine about cop bashing. Here we have a multi-week investigation resulting in a warrant. There were two targets in the raid. They arrest one outside before the raid even happens. So much for your theory that the house must be stormed. The second wasn't even home. They attack the house anyway, and shoot an innocent bystander. Now we have you here justifying a violent attack on a home in the name of "officer safety". It's not that all cops are bad, it's just that the majority of them either make excuses for the bad ones, or justify bad tactics.

They could have picked this kid up anytime, just like they did before the raid.

You responded to my comments on no knocks in general, not this specific case, in which they knocked first. The news report doesn't mentioned any of the facts as stated in the warrant application. But even if they have both dudes on the street, someone still has to put boots on the ground and search the house. You're assuming they tore off the door, rushed in screaming and waving their lasers everywhere with Extreme Shock Air Freedom ammo in their mags.

You responded to my comments on no knocks in general, not this specific case, in which they knocked first. The news report doesn't mentioned any of the facts as stated in the warrant application. But even if they have both dudes on the street, someone still has to put boots on the ground and search the house. You're assuming they tore off the door, rushed in screaming and waving their lasers everywhere with Extreme Shock Air Freedom ammo in their mags.

Are you saying they didn't storm the house? Then what was the flash bang through the window for?

You're providing a pretty good example of the thin blue line in action.

Of course he goes out. Everyone knows that. You aren't expecting GSG to speak out against the Gestapo tactics and killing of innocent people, are you?

Of course he goes out. Everyone knows that. You aren't expecting GSG to speak out against the Gestapo tactics and killing of innocent people, are you?

I thought he might look at it from a reasoned point of view, minimize the possibility of collateral damage etc, but I guess not.

How do these guys commit so many crimes if they don't leave the house? If they are under voluntary house arrest then isn't arresting them sort of redundant? And let's say they sell the assault van, cut the entry team down to a half-dozen, and cancel their weekly flash-bang deliveries. Could they use that money to hire some minimum wage kid to let them know when the guy leaves his house?

SWAT Shooting Spurs Debate

The fatal shooting of an innocent 68-year-old man by Framingham police reignited debate among law enforcement experts yesterday over the role of heavily armed, specialized units for routine drug busts.

“Dynamic entry — there’s a time and place for that, but in nine times of out of 10, it’s not a hostage-type situation,” said John Gnagey, executive director of National Tactical Officers Association, which trains SWAT teams around the country. “There are other things that you can do.”

>snip<

The National Tactical Officers Association advocates moving away from using “no-knock” tactics during low-level drug busts that are unlikely to evolve into complex tactical situations, Gnagey said.....

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r...ooting_spurs_debate/srvc=home&position=recent

Are you saying they didn't storm the house? Then what was the flash bang through the window for?

I'm saying that the news stories don't specify, it's vague. And what flash bang? I saw a picture of the ever-unusual broken window in a drug house, but didn't read anything about flash bangs.

You're providing a pretty good example of the thin blue line in action.

I'm not a cop, so I guess that makes it the thin color other than blue line? [rolleyes]

Of course he goes out. Everyone knows that.

Of course he does. But when? He was selling out of the house. If he had a gym membership and a steady routine, sure, get him on the sidewalk. If he's the standard unstable guy using what he sells, acting all irrational and paranoid, holing up in his house, I wouldn't want to be the one freezing off my trigger finger in the NE winter waiting for him to get a craving for Ben & Jerry's.

You aren't expecting GSG to speak out against the Gestapo tactics and killing of innocent people, are you?

Show me something other than a news monkey clacking at a typewriter, something telling. You're letting your imagination run away from you.

I thought he might look at it from a reasoned point of view, minimize the possibility of collateral damage etc, but I guess not.

It's about weighing odds. Is this a guy who flees or fights every time he sees blue lights? If so, the best way to minimize collateral damage may be to hit him in the house, where he can't get to a car for a drawn out vehicle pursuit, or to the gun he keeps in the planter out front, or where little kids are riding their bikes all the time. I'm not saying not knocking is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm saying there are certainly times where it is best to get the guy inside rather than outside. Maybe he carries a weapon every time he leaves the house but keeps it locked up when he's home. It should be a last resort, but we don't know that it was or wasn't.

How do these guys commit so many crimes if they don't leave the house?

He runs the business from inside it, or hides at various baby mama crash pads while the clock ticks on his open case. Send the girl out for blunt wrappers, beer and Chinese food while he plays Playstation with a stolen Beretta under the mattress. Maybe he goes out at odd times, just goes out to resupply the dealers on his route when they're running low or when someone needs to be shot or robbed.

And let's say they sell the assault van, cut the entry team down to a half-dozen, and cancel their weekly flash-bang deliveries. Could they use that money to hire some minimum wage kid to let them know when the guy leaves his house?

Hinging your case on a minimum wage kid with a pocket full of quarters? How would that newspaper employment ad be worded?

I'm saying that the news stories don't specify, it's vague. And what flash bang? I saw a picture of the ever-unusual broken window in a drug house, but didn't read anything about flash bangs.

Then do a little more research? It's been written in many reports on the incident. If you aren't even going to educate yourself to the minimum level to participate in the conversation, then why open your mouth?

Of course he does. But when? He was selling out of the house. If he had a gym membership and a steady routine, sure, get him on the sidewalk. If he's the standard unstable guy using what he sells, acting all irrational and paranoid, holing up in his house, I wouldn't want to be the one freezing off my trigger finger in the NE winter waiting for him to get a craving for Ben & Jerry's.

He's a drug dealer living with friends/relatives. They'd been monitoring him for weeks. It's sad sheep like you support violently raiding a man's home and killing him while looking for someone else, so the poor poor police don't have to wait in the cold.

The shallowness of your logic is astounding. I shouldn't be surprised that you just said it's ok for a law enforcement agency to violently attack a private home that doesn't even belong to the subject, just so they won't get cold.

Show me something other than a news monkey clacking at a typewriter, something telling. You're letting your imagination run away from you.

I will, as soon as the police stop circling the wagons every time the screw up and instead openly release information to the people the supposedly serve. I guess they won't have to, though, as long as they have lemmings like you to back them.

Framingham does NOT need a SWAT team.

They need one just as much as newton does.

Wait for it....

lol.jpg

Not a very good way to supplement your Social Security!!!! Old timers beware!!

Don't take the evil money! No good will come of it.

THIS is the example of negligent/accidental discharge.... in a school for gods sake!!

No this is an example of a Negligent Discharge only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then do a little more research? It's been written in many reports on the incident. If you aren't even going to educate yourself to the minimum level to participate in the conversation, then why open your mouth?

I haven't seen it written anywhere, and I've read half a dozen articles. After your informative post I watched a video and heard that witnesses claim one was used on WBZ. If one was thrown it doesn't look like it, unless someone screwed up the break and rake. The cops still haven't said either way, so we have half the story.

He's a drug dealer living with friends/relatives. They'd been monitoring him for weeks. It's sad sheep like you support violently raiding a man's home and killing him while looking for someone else, so the poor poor police don't have to wait in the cold.

The shallowness of your logic is astounding. I shouldn't be surprised that you just said it's ok for a law enforcement agency to violently attack a private home that doesn't even belong to the subject, just so they won't get cold.

I pointed out that the logistics of keeping a team waiting for who knows how long for someone to come outside while the clock ticks doesn't work. The rest is your imagination running wild again.

I will, as soon as the police stop circling the wagons every time the screw up and instead openly release information to the people the supposedly serve. I guess they won't have to, though, as long as they have lemmings like you to back them.

And we don't know why it wasn't released. Did it occur to you that maybe use of force forms cover what the reports didn't? Or that there's specific regulations being followed (set in part by the insurance company) in the agency's OIS policy to preserve the integrity of the investigation? You don't seem too concerned about contaminating the jury pool.

If you were paying attention, I was discussing the issue while witholding judgement. Nothing was circled, the wagon train's still moving across the prairie, cowboy.

Update...

Last week, Framingham, Massachusetts, District Court Judge Douglas Stoddart imposed a seal on the search warrants and return sheets for the raid in which police shot and killed 68-year-old Eurie Stamps. Stamps wasn't a suspect in the drug raid, and he was unarmed when he was shot.

Back
Top Bottom