Police seize dozens of guns, silencers in Shirley

If that huge cock thing in the back is a silencer its the biggest can I have ever seen.

Fifth from the left.....looks like a Wix 4003 inline fuel filter. The left most orange looking thing appears to be the element that goes inside it.
They are installed in line with the hose on diesel pumps.

On Tuesday, authorities executed a search warrant at an unidentified Shirley residence and recovered "approximately 47 unlicensed firearms and 44 silencers" as well as "thousands of rounds of ammunition," according to a Thursday press release from the Middlesex District Attorney's office.

Code word for ILLEGAL..( Speculating )
Just trying to support his family....

This is the pic NECN had.
Could be a stock photo from another bust. But this one in Shirley had 47 guns I guess.. so could be.
I count 45 visible firearms in that picture.

Shirley+ammo+and+weapons.JPG
Two ghost guns.

I know the guy. I almost shot him once. True story.

Jim, our mutual FFL buddy was just telling me about the guy. Interesting to see how this plays out. Apparently not the nicest or most discrete guy either. And what the hell did he do to get the attention of the gang unit??? Me thinks he was "giving" guns to people he shouldn't have.

The DA was shocked by the "shear number of weapons..."

I literally laughed out loud. I'd hate to have him comment on my collection (or 90% of posters on this forum)

Maybe being in law enforcement isn't for him, then. He should change to a less shocking career, such as greeter at Costco or something.

Here is the post from the Shirley PD's FB page.

Shirley Man Arrested Following Large-Scale Firearm Arrest

SHIRLEY – District Attorney Marian Ryan and Shirley Chief of Police Samuel Santiago have announced that Jeffrey Dusti, 62, of Shirley, was arraigned today in Ayer District Court in connection with a large-scale firearm bust that occurred Tuesday in Shirley. Dusti is charged with 47 counts of possession of a firearm without a license, 44 counts of possession of a silencer, possession of a loaded firearm without a license, possession of ammunition and possession of a sawed off shotgun.

Judge Margaret Guzman ordered the defendant held without bail pending a 58A scheduled for November 5.

“The defendant is alleged to not only have been in possession of multiple illegal firearms, but to also have been illegally modifying the guns making them all the more dangerous,” said District Attorney Ryan. “Simply put, there is no reason that a person with good intentions would require a silencer. Those devices are strictly made for violent and insidious purposes. I am grateful to the work of the State Police Gang Unit whose investigation led to the defendant’s arrest without incident. Thankfully these dangerous weapons will not be making their way onto our streets and into our communities.”

On October 30, 2018 at 3:15 p.m., the Massachusetts State Police Gang Unit executed a search warrant on Dusti’s home on the Great Road in Shirley. State Police had been informed that Jeffrey Dusti was allegedly in possession of a homemade silencer. Upon arrival authorities allegedly observed a sawed off shotgun in plain view. Upon completion of the search of the residence State Police also allegedly located approximately 35,000 rounds of ammunition, 44 homemade silencers and 47 unlicensed firearms.

At the time of the defendant’s arrest he had an open warrant out of Ayer District Court on charges of assault and battery on a person over the age of 60, two counts of making annoying phone calls and witness intimidation in connection with an unrelated offense.

This is an ongoing investigation and additional charges may issue. There is no danger to the public.

These charges are allegations and the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

This case is being investigated by the Massachusetts State Police Gang Unit, the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the Shirley Police Department, State Police assigned to the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office and the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office Special Investigations Unit.

The prosecutor assigned to this case is Assistant District Attorney William R. Freeman.

Never a Collection - Always a Cache
Never Accumulated - Always Stockpiled

There's got to be at least a dozen other Dog Whistles for deplorables that I just can't think of right now.

Got any to add?

I love how they always throw in the "alleged" but then go on to paint this story in the worst light possible.

"At the time of the defendant’s arrest he had an open warrant out of Ayer District Court on charges of assault and battery on a person over the age of 60, two counts of making annoying phone calls and witness intimidation in connection with an unrelated offense."

So he's 62 according to the article. Can a person who is over 60 be charged with this? Doesnt make much sense to me. Guess its possible it happened a few years ago and he's been running around since then.

Back
Top Bottom