"Police said there were three rounds loaded in the revolver's chamber."

How many freaking anti-gun laws are there? And what is the difference? Isn't this just stacking the BS charges? I'm not condoning any criminal activity but aren't these charges redundant?

"Griffin pleaded not guilty in Central Berkshire District Court on Thursday to charges of carrying a loaded firearm without a license, two counts of assault and battery on a police officer, resisting arrest, vandalizing property, possession of ammunition without a firearms identification card, assault with a dangerous weapon, possession of a firearm without license, and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building.He is being held pending a dangerousness hearing scheduled for Friday.Griffin also has an open case of assault and battery on a family or household member from June. Alado was charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct."

I don't know if is still a thing but people used to stack wad-cutters for personal defense.

If I remember correctly you could get 3 pills in a .45 Long Colt...

45wadcutter.jpg

Reporters and very often police themselves have no idea about firearms terminology. Most readers are also so it probably doesn't even matter much, other than sounding like an idiot to people who do understand.

How many freaking anti-gun laws are there? And what is the difference? Isn't this just stacking the BS charges? I'm not condoning any criminal activity but aren't these charges redundant?

"Griffin pleaded not guilty in Central Berkshire District Court on Thursday to charges of carrying a loaded firearm without a license, two counts of assault and battery on a police officer, resisting arrest, vandalizing property, possession of ammunition without a firearms identification card, assault with a dangerous weapon, possession of a firearm without license, and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building.He is being held pending a dangerousness hearing scheduled for Friday.Griffin also has an open case of assault and battery on a family or household member from June. Alado was charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct."
It is my understanding that when someone is arrested the LEOs "charge" the perp with anything and everything that has some form of evidence at the time of arrest. Many times charges will be changed once a more substantial investigation is conducted and the subsequent evidence is reviewed by the DA, and the defense. Sometimes charges are added after review/investigation. Sometimes charges are dropped after review/investigation. Remember the officers on the scene are arresting a perp based on the flurry of what happened, a few interviews of witnesses on scene, and do what they can to arrest based on a short amount of time to get the perp in the back of the cruiser.

I'm not "drinking the cool aid" and in the mindset that the cops are always right........but do bear the opinion that the cops on scene have to do the best they can to make an arrest based on a what they have a the time.

It is my understanding that when someone is arrested the LEOs "charge" the perp with anything and everything that has some form of evidence at the time of arrest. Many times charges will be changed once a more substantial investigation is conducted and the subsequent evidence is reviewed by the DA, and the defense. Sometimes charges are added after review/investigation. Sometimes charges are dropped after review/investigation. Remember the officers on the scene are arresting a perp based on the flurry of what happened, a few interviews of witnesses on scene, and do what they can to arrest based on a short amount of time to get the perp in the back of the cruiser.

I'm not "drinking the cool aid" and in the mindset that the cops are always right........but do bear the opinion that the cops on scene have to do the best they can to make an arrest based on a what they have a the time.

Imagine your home gets broken into at 3AM while you're on vacation. Some shit bag uses a Buck knife to slice open a screen door, then pops open the main door using a bent screwdriver or something. A neighbor sees flashlights in your home and knows you're away so they call the cops who show up and grab the guy. One of two things can happen next.

Cops arrest the guy and charge him with B&E Night Time. It gets thrown out for some bullshit plea deal or CWOF. They get to skate while you've gotta pay for a new door or window or whatever.
-Or-
Cops arrest the guy and charge him with B&E Night Time, Possession of Burglarious Instruments, Trespassing, Unlawful Carry of a Dangerous Weapon, etc. That way, when his lawyers work their magic and some of those lesser charges get dropped, the bigger ones have a better chance of sticking. These days, criminal charges are really a bargaining process.

Imagine your home gets broken into at 3AM while you're on vacation. Some shit bag uses a Buck knife to slice open a screen door, then pops open the main door using a bent screwdriver or something. A neighbor sees flashlights in your home and knows you're away so they call the cops who show up and grab the guy. One of two things can happen next.

Cops arrest the guy and charge him with B&E Night Time. It gets thrown out for some bullshit plea deal or CWOF. They get to skate while you've gotta pay for a new door or window or whatever.
-Or-
Cops arrest the guy and charge him with B&E Night Time, Possession of Burglarious Instruments, Trespassing, Unlawful Carry of a Dangerous Weapon, etc. That way, when his lawyers work their magic and some of those lesser charges get dropped, the bigger ones have a better chance of sticking. These days, criminal charges are really a bargaining process.
Agreed.

-Or-

but your scenario describes a crime and a burglar has no constitutional protections to break into a home.

Guns and ammunition are protected by 2A making the firearms and ammunition charges BS. If he shot someone and it wasn't self defense then arrest him for that.

but your scenario describes a crime and a burglar has no constitutional protections to break into a home.

Guns and ammunition are protected by 2A making the firearms and ammunition charges BS. If he shot someone and it wasn't self defense then arrest him for that.

Plea bargains suck. The first to go away is usually the firearms charges as they are a mandatory sentence. They swap those for a lesser time on felonies. No court time is where it's at.

They pass mandatory laws on gun charges and then give them away unless it's simple citizen on a one count, then they press it balls to the wall. 3 beers and possession of a firearm without use and you are looking at multiple years?

-Or-

Sounds like an argument against plea bargains not an argument for having redundant, excessive, or bogus charges.

Sounds like an argument against plea bargains not an argument for having redundant, excessive, or bogus charges.

The reality is police officers do what they can to attempt to maintain order. They dont like the legal system any more than you do.

They also stack the charges to get bail higher or even held without bail.

Unlike any other citizen those charges will probably not be dropped. In Middlesex county they are dropped 75% of the time. I suspect Quincy runs the same.

Good thing it was a revolver, could have been littering too!

I haven’t followed this thread closely but I think the malicious destruction of property was knocking some products off the shelf at Costanzo’s.

Isn't title true? 6 shot revolver has 6 chambers. one per chamber.
I agree when they report how much ammo there is, it's getting ridiculous. They never report the persons nationality, They seem to leave that out.
They are moving to restricting qty of ammo, or all ammo,
a bad thing.
Why do you need more than one bullet.

Back
Top Bottom