• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police Officer Who MURDERED Ashli Babbitt Won’t Face Charges

I've done the reading. I don't like this whole police "belief" about being in danger. Let's follow that through with that though.

Bad news. You don't have to like it. I'm not a fan of how it plays out either. But you not liking something doesn't mean that what you do like is the law.

So, since he could believe that he was in danger, it can be said that he is "justified" in shooting said person attempting to enter the chamber unlawfully. There is no camera to show shooting. Hence, he doesn't get arrested or charged based on his belief.

I explained, in part, what the standard means, and it's more nuanced than that, but that's the idea. But to be clear, I'm nearly certain the outcome (him not being charged) is political, and not truly based on any legal standard.

Since she did not say she felt in danger of said person with a warrant for his arrest and evading arrest, there is no justifiable reason for her to use a gun. She didn't intend to use her gun but did. It resulted in the unintentional death of an individual. Unitentially killing someone is considered manslaughter. Hence she is charged with manslaughter.

Correct. Well at least close enough for argument sake. See how that's very different from the Babbitt shooting? See how you can draw different conclusions when you actually look at them instead of making generalizations and simplifications?

[thumbsup]

How about a huge violent mob gathers outside your house, erects a noose and chants "hang Mark from MA" loudly over as they break down your door?
Do you defend yourself or do you wade in and ask them to be reasonable?
It's already happened and the people defending themselves were arrested and charged.
And they didn't even shoot anyone.

She died doing stupid shit. And she did it because she believed a ridiculous conspiracy theory perpetuated by an overly spray tanned moron.

You play stupid games..
If you have been following current events in the states in question , not so ridiculous after all now is it ?

Outing myself?? Not sure what you mean. Never said I had no problem with the Capital police officer killing Ashli Babbit. I have a problem with police killing any unarmed person. I don't think a police officer's first option should be a gun.

If you are going to say the Capital police officer did NOT need to execute her, then you logically HAVE TO say that the officer in Minneapolis did not need to shoot Daunte Smith.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." is the motto right. It applies to all.
That literally has to be one of the stupidest things I have read on here in a long time.
And trust me , you have had some stiff competition .

Outing myself?? Not sure what you mean. Never said I had no problem with the Capital police officer killing Ashli Babbit. I have a problem with police killing any unarmed person. I don't think a police officer's first option should be a gun.

If you are going to say the Capital police officer did NOT need to execute her, then you logically HAVE TO say that the officer in Minneapolis did not need to shoot Daunte Smith.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." is the motto right. It applies to all.
You are a babbling moron, the black kid was shot by accident, instead of tasers. Babbit was shot on purpose.

Read this carefully. Does anything jump out at you?

According to the family's attorney, they investigated the shooting against Title 18 U.S. Code Section 242. Only one little problem. That is a conspiracy statute! He was a lone actor. Of course there isn't a conspiracy!

If you were a Sheriff and you had a lone armed robber running around that you were trying to catch. Eventually you arrest him. But it's your cousin. And you want to make sure he skates. Simple, charge him with a crime for which an indispensable element is acting in concert with others. You can prove he did the robberies, you caught him in the act. You just put your thumb on the scales of justice.

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

Read this carefully. Does anything jump out at you?

According to the family's attorney, they investigated the shooting against Title 18 U.S. Code Section 242. Only one little problem. That is a conspiracy statute! He was a lone actor. Of course there isn't a conspiracy!

If you were a Sheriff and you had a lone armed robber running around that you were trying to catch. Eventually you arrest him. But it's your cousin. And you want to make sure he skates. Simple, charge him with a crime for which an indispensable element is acting in concert with others. You can prove he did the robberies, you caught him in the act. You just put your thumb on the scales of justice.

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

18 USC 241 is the conspiracy against rights code. 18 USC 242 is deprivation of rights under color of law.

But nonetheless, it was political in nature and they had no intention of ever charging him no matter the statute or the facts.

Bad news. You don't have to like it. I'm not a fan of how it plays out either. But you not liking something doesn't mean that what you do like is the law.
Oh I agree!

I explained, in part, what the standard means, and it's more nuanced than that, but that's the idea. But to be clear, I'm nearly certain the outcome (him not being charged) is political, and not truly based on any legal standard.
I'd say it's the same standard of what a cop can perceive as being threatened or protecting others who are threatened more than politics. That Blue Wall probably working him right now. Unless that blue wall is considered politics.

Correct. Well at least close enough for argument sake. See how that's very different from the Babbitt shooting? See how you can draw different conclusions when you actually look at them instead of making generalizations and simplifications?

I see how one can draw different conclusions for each case for sure. I was actually going through that logic since many here are saying the US Capital officer should be locked up.

They both shouldn't have drawn their guns though.

The simple fact is, tax cows in this country have no power to change shit via "voting". DOJ and SCOTUS have nothing to do with justice nor law. The country is under control of elite groups, whose squabbles over spoils gives sheep illusion that they are in charge.
I like that characterization.
It's a division of labor:
  • The "voters" on the Vote Plantation vote.
  • The "tax cows" on the Tax Ranch pay taxes to support the Vote Plantation.

It's all good, I get your point I just can't stand when people use that analogy. if it was true I would be sitting in the cockpit of an A10 every weekend pretending to protect and help Infantry troops making BBBrrraaappppp sounds :)
Yahbut everybody would be laughing at you
because A-10's go Brrrt not BBBrrraaappppp.

Well you shouldn’t believe that because it’s not. It’s politically motivated. Race may or may not be a factor as well but it’s politics that motivated this whole thing.
I don't see the LEO getting charged for that shooting under either administration really because both parties had people in the chamber and they were all freaking out.

The Capitol Cop is nothing more than an incompetent coward.
There was absolutely no reason to draw and fire his side arm.

Had the crowd been beating someone to death, sure, good shoot. Setting fires, sure, good shoot.
This POS is supposed to be a trained LEO. And he pissed his pants and fired his side arm because he was scared. I don't believe he was actually aiming at the poor girl. He just fired through the door and didn't care if he hit someone or not.

Not only should he not be carrying a firearm, he should not be allowed to carry a badge. He has clearly demonstrated that when under stress, his solution is to fire his sidearm. So he is not only a coward, he is stupid too. At the very least, he should be terminated.

The Capitol Cop is nothing more than an incompetent coward.
There was absolutely no reason to draw and fire his side arm.

Had the crowd been beating someone to death, sure, good shoot. Setting fires, sure, good shoot.
This POS is supposed to be a trained LEO. And he pissed his pants and fired his side arm because he was scared. I don't believe he was actually aiming at the poor girl. He just fired through the door and didn't care if he hit someone or not.

Not only should he not be carrying a firearm, he should not be allowed to carry a badge. He has clearly demonstrated that when under stress, his solution is to fire his sidearm. So he is not only a coward, he is stupid too. At the very least, he should be terminated.

I don't think he was scared.

I think he had told himself he was going to shoot the first person through the door pour encourager les autres, and then he went ahead and did it.

I think he had told himself he was going to shoot the first person through the door pour encourager les autres, and then he went ahead and did it.
Although I don’t understand that pig Latin maybe? Quote but I do agree with your opinion here

And I think he had a bunch of harpies (aka. scared politicians) around him screaming "Do something. Do something".

Even the Rapid Response Team in close proximity were like wtf did just happen. Twitchy trigger, lack of training, armchair commando with a gun who the eff knows unless you were there with him as he squeezed the trigger.
Another thing is he could have had orders to shoot anyone breaching that door. Either way it’s all bad

Another thing is he could have had orders to shoot anyone breaching that door. Either way it’s all bad

Right, no one knows. Maybe he got triggered and thought the angry white mob was there to get him. He can retire now and tell the story to family and friends how heroically he protected the Capitol. Or become the CP Academy tactics and shooting instructor.

Right, no one knows. Maybe he got triggered and thought the angry white mob was there to get him. He can retire now and tell the story to family and friends how heroically he protected the Capitol. Or become the CP Academy tactics and shooting instructor.
Or he could put the barrel of his gun in his mouth and pull the trigger out of guilt too.

In the fine tradition of Lon Horiuchi, David Chipman and the other heroes of Waco, and dozens of other government executioners, Capitol Police Officer Michael Leroy Byrd won't be held accountable. Street cops who tangle with violent thugs, resulting in the demise of said thugs, don't get a free pass, especially if the thugs are minorities.

Sounds like a lot of police, i.e. in Minneapolis.

It's already happened and the people defending themselves were arrested and charged.
And they didn't even shoot anyone.
OK so you saying the St Louis couple who pointed their guns at the crowd to defend themselves should not have been charged with any crime.

If the crowd were breaking into their house while they were inside of it, and they shot one of the thousands of people storming their way in, would you also agree that they should not be charged with anything, that their actions were justified?

OK so you saying the St Louis couple who pointed their guns at the crowd to defend themselves should not have been charged with any crime.

If the crowd were breaking into their house while they were inside of it, and they shot one of the thousands of people storming their way in, would you also agree that they should not be charged with anything, that their actions were justified?
Ability?
Opportunity?
Intent?

Back
Top Bottom