• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police Officer Uses Taser To Break Up Kids Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't see a problem with this lol.

One or both kids is committing assault and one kid is defending him self. Depending how the fight started .

Cop could try to step in to break it up . Get hurt him self and kid is now assaulted a police officer .
Cop steps in and really hurt one of the kids.

Or he zaps them , they tighten up and then you sort out the mess.
Getting taser isn't that big of a deal if your not on hard ground .
If that comment pisses you off I'll let you tase me . I've been taken off my feet by being tased .

I really don't see a problem with this lol.

One or both kids is committing assault and one kid is defending him self. Depending how the fight started .

Cop could try to step in to break it up . Get hurt him self and kid is now assaulted a police officer .
Cop steps in and really hurt one of the kids.

Or he zaps them , they tighten up and then you sort out the mess.
Getting taser isn't that big of a deal if your not on hard ground .
If that comment pisses you off I'll let you tase me . I've been taken off my feet by being tased .

It's still stupid, and any cop who can't break up a "couple of 13 year olds doing fisticuffs" shouldn't be a cop. This is the kind of shit that makes kids grow up and hate cops. So that meathead, even though it wasn't over the TOP egregious, just made his buddies jobs a little bit harder that day.

-Mike

This makes me giggle.

I wade in and break up the fist fight between Seamus and Alex, and the parental outcry ensues " how dare you put your meathooks on my child"

I sit back and watch young Seamus and Alex flail away at one another until they are exhausted, or young Alex has to explain to his parents why theres a $3500 dental bill coming.

I pepper spray the two combatants, and everyone whines " but they are just kids!!!!! WTF"

I use my taser, and now there are parents that want to file charges.

The days of Officer Friendly swatting young Seamus and Alex in the back of the their heads and sending them on their way are over

Sister Mary Elephant breaking this up with a ruler? Yup thats gone too.

Teachers breaking this up??? Are you ****ing kidding me? You have a better chance of seeing an alchemists work come to fruition.

Guess what? You caused this. Thats right, you. You may not think you did, but I assure you, you did.

It's still stupid, and any cop who can't break up a "couple of 13 year olds doing fisticuffs" shouldn't be a cop. This is the kind of shit that makes kids grow up and hate cops. So that meathead, even though it wasn't over the TOP egregious, just made his buddies jobs a little bit harder that day.

-Mike

Fair enough Mike, but thats you ( its me too actually) and you my friend are in the minority. Most of the NES members that are parents of kids this age would be chomping at the bit to call a lawyer if the cop either broke up the fight by whatever means, or let them duke it out. Its everyones fault but the kids, right?

This makes me giggle.

I wade in and break up the fist fight between Seamus and Alex, and the parental outcry ensues " how dare you put your meathooks on my child"

I sit back and watch young Seamus and Alex flail away at one another until they are exhausted, or young Alex has to explain to his parents why theres a $3500 dental bill coming.

I pepper spray the two combatants, and everyone whines " but they are just kids!!!!! WTF"

The days of Officer Friendly swatting young Seamus and Alex in the back of the their heads and sending them on their way are over

Teachers breaking this up??? Are you ****ing kidding me? You have a better chance of seeing an alchemists work come to fruition.

Guess what? You caused this. Thats right, you. You may not think you did, but I assure you, you did.

QFMFT

I would have done my job and not taken the easy way out. Or found another line of work if I can't Handel two 13 year olds. Like the way they did before tazers were invented. How did anything get done before police had tazers and swat gear at there every disposal. The fact is there were two cops there in seconds that could have easily handled this situation. No verbal commands nothing, straight to the tazer. Less lethal does not mean no one gets injured or killed. There are plenty of instances where they have.

It was overkill and the fact that good cops don't call a spade a spade makes it worse for all when these things happen. I work in engineering, when I review another engineers work I don't beat around the bush to try and make them not look bad when they made a mistake I call it out. It is what it is. They will learn from it.

Ok, for shits and giggles, lets say you were the cop. What would you have done?

I'm 6'4", 245, so if they didn't respond to my mere presence, I could have broken up the fight by separating them without harming either.

BTW, I had to crap and laugh a lot to entertain the absurd notion that someone with my intelligence, ambition, and disdain for jackbooted thuggery could ever be in the position of that cop.

I would have done my job and not taken the easy way out. Or found another line of work if I can't Handel two 13 year olds. Like the way they did before tazers were invented. How did anything get done before police had tazers and swat gear at there every disposal. The fact is there were two cops there in seconds that could have easily handled this situation. No verbal commands nothing, straight to the tazer. Less lethal does not mean no one gets injured or killed. There are plenty of instances where they have.

It was overkill and the fact that good cops don't call a spade a spade makes it worse for all when these things happen. I work in engineering, when I review another engineers work I don't beat around the bush to try and make them not look bad when they made a mistake I call it out. It is what it is. They will learn from it.

Nice try, but you didnt actually say anything other than you would have done your job. Whether or not the two cops can HANDLE a couple 13 year olds is irrelevant; its how they handle them, their method of said handling. If Im not mistaken, you were one of the guys saying hed go right for the payday/ charges if that was your kid. My guess is that had the cop broke them up Paul Stewart style, youd be looking for a payday too.

Hey, Id be more than happy to break up your 13 year old sons fight using my hands, Id actually be even happier watching the 2 of them fight to the death to be perfectly honest. We both know though, that as a parent of the kid that got thumped by the other kid, or by the cop, or the teacher, that youd be looking for your own gold star, a way to show your 13 year old that he didnt really lose the fight, and would have won if tbe cops hadnt tazed him.

I hear of this list often. Seems like he started near the bottom.

An example of a use-of-force continuum follows:
Officer Presence — No force is used. Considered the best way to resolve a situation.
The mere presence of a law enforcement officer works to deter crime or diffuse a situation.
Officers' attitudes are professional and nonthreatening.
Verbalization — Force is not-physical.
Officers issue calm, nonthreatening commands, such as "Let me see your identification and registration."
Officers may increase their volume and shorten commands in an attempt to gain compliance. Short commands might include "Stop," or "Don't move."
Empty-Hand Control — Officers use bodily force to gain control of a situation.
Soft technique. Officers use grabs, holds and joint locks to restrain an individual.
Hard technique. Officers use punches and kicks to restrain an individual.
Less-Lethal Methods — Officers use Blunt impact. Officers may use a baton or projectile to immobilize a combative person.
Chemical. Officers may use chemical sprays or projectiles embedded with chemicals to restrain an individual (e.g., pepper spray).
Conducted Energy Devices (CEDs). Officers may use CEDs to immobilize an individual. CEDs discharge a high-voltage, low-amperage jolt of electricity at a distance.
Lethal Force — Officers use lethal weapons to gain control of a situation. Should only be used if a suspect poses a serious threat to the officer or another individual.
Officers use deadly weapons such as firearms to stop an individual's actions.less-lethal technologies to gain control of a situation.

I'm 6'4", 245, so if they didn't respond to my mere presence, I could have broken up the fight by separating them without harming either.

BTW, I had to crap and laugh a lot to entertain the absurd notion that someone with my intelligence, ambition, and disdain for jackbooted thuggery could ever be in the position of that cop.

Im glad you crapped and laughed a bunch. Im also glad youre wicked smart and have hate, ambition, and intelligence too.

Kids dont actually give a rats ass about the "mere presence" of cops anymore, but whatever works for you and all of your 6'4" 245 ness.

Im sure when young 13 year old Seamus takes a swing at you and connects, youd behave in a gentlemanly fashion, and treat him with the utmost respect. Of course we wont ever get to see this, because you are waaaaaayyyy to smart to be a cop. Armchair quarterbacks are always smart.

Cops in schools are a great idea. I don't know how school fights were ever handled without cops and tasers. I personally have never seen a teacher break up a fight on their own. Nope. No sir. It's impossible. It's great that now we can have all thing no matter how minor dealt with by police instead of school admin. Because people like the vice principle have better things to do. Who needs detention when you can send them to jail?

I saw TOTAL ORDER maintained for 8 years by Nuns with a tiny stick.

And another 4 by priests with no weapons save their voice.

But they were SUPPORTED by the Law, Parents, and Culture.

Nice try, but you didnt actually say anything other than you would have done your job. Whether or not the two cops can HANDLE a couple 13 year olds is irrelevant; its how they handle them, their method of said handling. If Im not mistaken, you were one of the guys saying hed go right for the payday/ charges if that was your kid. My guess is that had the cop broke them up Paul Stewart style, youd be looking for a payday too.

Hey, Id be more than happy to break up your 13 year old sons fight using my hands, Id actually be even happier watching the 2 of them fight to the death to be perfectly honest. We both know though, that as a parent of the kid that got thumped by the other kid, or by the cop, or the teacher, that youd be looking for your own gold star, a way to show your 13 year old that he didnt really lose the fight, and would have won if tbe cops hadnt tazed him.

Wrong, get it right. what I said was "Ya, I would have a major problem with this if this was my kid". Meaning I would be f*cking pissed that some POS can't control a couple of kids and could have really injured my kid. (Ie not just his pride by loosing a fight) As stated by others I would have used verbal commands/threats and grabbed the kid on top by the collar/ shoulders. 90% the kids would have been scared and stopped. If I was a cop that was too scared I would have waited the 20 additional seconds for my backup to arrive.

Cop blaming others. How surprising. #TBL

So what? Since when do cops care about people whining? And why should they? Spare me the liability BS line.

I hear of this list often. Seems like he started near the bottom.

An example of a use-of-force continuum follows:
Officer Presence — No force is used. Considered the best way to resolve a situation.
The mere presence of a law enforcement officer works to deter crime or diffuse a situation.
Officers' attitudes are professional and nonthreatening.
Verbalization — Force is not-physical.
Officers issue calm, nonthreatening commands, such as "Let me see your identification and registration."
Officers may increase their volume and shorten commands in an attempt to gain compliance. Short commands might include "Stop," or "Don't move."
Empty-Hand Control — Officers use bodily force to gain control of a situation.
Soft technique. Officers use grabs, holds and joint locks to restrain an individual.
Hard technique. Officers use punches and kicks to restrain an individual.
Less-Lethal Methods — Officers use Blunt impact. Officers may use a baton or projectile to immobilize a combative person.
Chemical. Officers may use chemical sprays or projectiles embedded with chemicals to restrain an individual (e.g., pepper spray).
Conducted Energy Devices (CEDs). Officers may use CEDs to immobilize an individual. CEDs discharge a high-voltage, low-amperage jolt of electricity at a distance.
Lethal Force — Officers use lethal weapons to gain control of a situation. Should only be used if a suspect poses a serious threat to the officer or another individual.
Officers use deadly weapons such as firearms to stop an individual's actions.less-lethal technologies to gain control of a situation.

Nice list youve got there.

So what?

Youre ok with me using empty handed control on your 13 year old son? "Bodily force " used to control the situation?

Right. Video of me manhandling your 13 year old prince and youd be on the phone in half a second, because clearly, your little boy couldnt have done anything bad enough to warrant being dealt with like THAT!

Im glad you crapped and laughed a bunch. Im also glad youre wicked smart and have hate, ambition, and intelligence too.

Kids dont actually give a rats ass about the "mere presence" of cops anymore, but whatever works for you and all of your 6'4" 245 ness.

Im sure when young 13 year old Seamus takes a swing at you and connects, youd behave in a gentlemanly fashion, and treat him with the utmost respect. Of course we wont ever get to see this, because you are waaaaaayyyy to smart to be a cop. Armchair quarterbacks are always smart.

Wow I am scared you might actually be a LE. So you just admitted that because your scared a 13 yr "might" take a swing at you, you would Taze first and ask questions later as a matter of course. Good to know.

Cop blaming others. How surprising. #TBL

So what? Since when do cops care about people whining? And why should they? Spare me the liability BS line.

Its not a liability BS line, because theres no liability. What there is tho, is public perception. Cop puts his hands on a child? Oh my god the horror. Youd be leading the pack calling for his head.

Is the cop to blame for these two 13 year olds fighting? If so, I missed that part.

Wow I am scared you might actually be a LE. So you just admitted that because your scared a 13 yr "might" take a swing at you, you would Taze first and ask questions later as a matter of course. Good to know.

Yes, thats exactly what I said. Go work for CNN or FOX if thats how youre going to handle a discussion.

Im not scared a 13 year old may take a swing at me.
Im not scared that I may return the favor to the 13 year old (fair is fair, right?) and knock him and his teeth out
Im not scared of it being on video
And Im not scared of his parents calling for my head after their little cherub gets knocked out for swinging on me.

Its not a liability BS line, because theres no liability. What there is tho, is public perception. Cop puts his hands on a child? Oh my god the horror. Youd be leading the pack calling for his head.

Is the cop to blame for these two 13 year olds fighting? If so, I missed that part.

Oh god. That is even a worse argument. Public perception? [rofl]

Because we wouldn't want a cop doing something to that stellar perception people have of cops! [rofl]

And hint, the cop isn't to blame for their actions, only his own. But you probably missed that because you were too busy passing the blame to anybody and everybody else.

Yes, thats exactly what I said. Go work for CNN or FOX if thats how youre going to handle a discussion.

Im not scared a 13 year old may take a swing at me.
Im not scared that I may return the favor to the 13 year old (fair is fair, right?) and knock him and his teeth out
Im not scared of it being on video
And Im not scared of his parents calling for my head after their little cherub gets knocked out for swinging on me.

Hmm, so where do you draw the line. 12, 10, 5yr old Next time you show up to preschool because little Johnny didn't want to take a nap be sure and charge up.

Oh god. That is even a worse argument. Public perception? [rofl]

Because we wouldn't want a cop doing something to that stellar perception people have of cops! [rofl]

And hint, the cop isn't to blame for their actions, only his own. But you probably missed that because you were too busy passing the blame to anybody and everybody else.

The cop isnt to blame for their actions, youve got that part right anyways. Those 2 dont fight, and theres no cop intervention, right?

Im sure youd be championing the cause had 6'4" 245 pound Officer Squire waded in and picked our 2 miscreants up by the scruffs of their necks, and brought them to the principals office. And of course, our 2 youngsters here would have immediately acquiesced to the mere presence of our intrepid officer.

Theres your world, and theres reality. Im not talking dog shooting, baby igniting, homeless beating cops, Im dead set against them too.
Im talking the day in day out bullshit cops, that get sent to calls like this.

Police should tase 13-year-olds in a school yard fight because breaking it up like any other regular person on the planet would hurt the public perception of police has to be among the all time worst arguments I've ever heard. Seriously.

This makes me giggle.

Well that's always been the problem, the only choice that doesn't have risk is doing nothing. So you might as well go get a coffee and hope the school admins have stopped it by the time you show up, or that they'll just knock each other out.

Given the menu you've rolled out I'm guessing OC would work pretty well, although if someones competent enough wouldn't they be able to just peel these kids off each other?

-Mike

Hmm, so where do you draw the line. 12, 10, 5yr old Next time you show up to preschool because little Johnny did. t want to take a nap be sure and charge up.
.Well, perhaps had you posted a video of two 5 year olds that were fighting getting tazed by the responding cops, Id be inclined to agree , but you didnt.

Ive been in a lot of fights in my life. Actual fights with punches and kicks and stuff. Im sure you have too, so you can probably relate. Every now and again, you lose one, and you learn from that, right? The cop in this scenario has to win, doesnt he? I mean if he gets in there with his open handed techniques, and they dont work because the 13 year olds choose to fight back, then what? You want me taking full swings on your kid? Doubt it.

Where your argument falls totally flat is that most here has gone to school and witnessed fights being broken up by teachers without "taking full swings" at the kids. So if you aren't competent enough to break up a fight between two 13-year-olds without tasing them, find a new job, because you suck at yours.

Police should tase 13-year-olds in a school yard fight because breaking it up like any other regular person on the planet would hurt the public perception of police has to be among the all time worst arguments I've ever heard. Seriously.

Consider the source.

Well that's always been the problem, the only choice that doesn't have risk is doing nothing. So you might as well go get a coffee and hope the school admins have stopped it by the time you show up, or that they'll just knock each other out.

Given the menu you've rolled out I'm guessing OC would work pretty well, although if someones competent enough wouldn't they be able to just peel these kids off each other?

-Mike

Hey, Im all for peeling them off each other, all day every day.
But, what most of you dont get, those days are over. And they arent over because of the cops, theyre over because Mr and Mrs Jones are aghast that Officer GPP put his hands on their little angel Alex. They want GPPs badge, head, and more!
If the cops OCd the 2 combatants, Bones and Spider woukd be complaining about that too.
The "Good Old Days" are gone. Gone and not due back anytime soon.

.Well, perhaps had you posted a video of two 5 year olds that were fighting getting tazed by the responding cops, Id be inclined to agree , but you didnt.

Ive been in a lot of fights in my life. Actual fights with punches and kicks and stuff. Im sure you have too, so you can probably relate. Every now and again, you lose one, and you learn from that, right? The cop in this scenario has to win, doesnt he? I mean if he gets in there with his open handed techniques, and they dont work because the 13 year olds choose to fight back, then what? You want me taking full swings on your kid? Doubt it.

If I did go hands on with a kid, I think we all have self control (hopefully). There is nothing that says you need to go full retard swinging hay makers. And yes, maybe I am the minority (I don't think so) but I would prefer verbal commands/threats then hands on way way before tazing. Also you might of missed the part where his partner showed up seconds later? They are not deep in the forest or down some dark alley.

BTW, my kids would stop immediate if approached by PD.and that would be the end of it. I know you keep mentioning them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom