• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police officer shot in Bourne

Cape Cod Times is reporting a woman was killed at the scene. Also gun shots reported in the woods nearby after the incident. I have no knowledge if these facts are true as reported by the Times.

Radio reported shooter in custody and officer being air lifted this morning but that was all

Damn. When was the last time a police officer was shot on Cape Cod?

Wishing a speedy recovery to those injured and R.I.P. to the woman that was killed, if those are the actual facts.

Oh, another shelter in place. People told to stay in their homes until advised by the pooleece. Bullshit!!!!!

However, this time it was at least a request, not an order.

Given the location of the event, I understand wanting to restrict traffic so that emergency vehicles can move through unimpeded - the guy set a car on fire and left decoy bombs. How many of those are decoys? Is one not a decoy and will only be found as such when they let their guard down after several fakes?

guy sounds like he went off the deep end....RIP to the woman and speedy recovery to the officer and other women. will have to wait for some more info

Oh, another shelter in place. People told to stay in their homes until advised by the pooleece. Bullshit!!!!!

They were ASKED to stay in place, and not ordered to do so.

As you yourself have said before, if you're going to stir the pot at least do it with the correct information.

NES handle of shooter?

Police party. Look out for operator wannabes.

Oh, and cower in place.

Must have hit a nerve.

The proof in is in your reply.

We'll have to disagree on both what is appropriate.

Quoted for hilarity.

The ignore list grows by leaps and bounds. Enjoy your thread.

Enjoy your vacation, if you come back acting the same way you're gone for good.

Gets worse. Media is now reporting the shooter was a Coastie, as were the two other victims.

WBZ recklessly reported in such a way as to infer that all three of them planned this ambush, not one nut job geek squadder who shot the two women, killing one of them, then shot at the first responding officer. Like it was a gang war or something. But, hey, it got people to read the article to see that the teaser was sensationalist bullshit, so who care, right? #$%^ing media.

Praying for the two Coasties and the Bourne PD officer, and hoping this shitbag dies a horrible death.

http://www.capecodtimes.com/article/20150205/NEWS/150209655

2 Coasties (women)were victims, perp was a Coastie as well.

WTF does "matriculating out" mean? Outprocessing?

End of contract is how I would read matriculating in this context. But it's an odd context to use that word in. It's typically used for graduating from one school to the next.

Kind of a double edge sword....Guy will be prosecuted wasting tons of tax payers money only to find out he was a nut bag...or he could have killed himself or some cop could have killed him and never knowing what the motivations was.....Me ,I would be good with him being shot dead... again a nut bag tarnishes the name of one of the services!

Jared MacDonald, according to what Woodside told the press.

Jared "Jav" MacDonald was stationed with me at Gloucester, and left the CG as an MK3. He loved doing MLE and was good at it. Was one of the few MKs there during that time period that laughed.

This whole story is crazy. Coastie pending discharge sets up decoy for pd while he shoots two female Coasties, and then a former Coastie who is the responding officer.

You can't write shit like this.

Edit to add: I run the Gloucester CG Alumni Association. We have a facebook page for past shipmates, and it's all fired up right now.

Last edited:
Word I have is that the officer is doing as well as can be expected after getting hit with a .223 in the abdomen. Not completely out of the woods, and he has some serious recovery coming, but I hear he's in good spirits.

Word I have is that the officer is doing as well as can be expected after getting hit with a .223 in the abdomen. Not completely out of the woods, and he has some serious recovery coming, but I hear he's in good spirits.

If you ever met the guy, you'd know why. Built like a brick shit house (or at least he was 14 years ago), and an all around awesome guy.

Glad to hear that he's recovering. Thoughts and prayers for a full recover go his way and to the wounded woman also.

Damn. That's gotta hurt. Anyone know if the officer was wearing body armor?

News story said it hit just below the armor. However .223 will go thru standard LE armor, which is designed and tested for common pistol rounds only.

Glad to hear that he's recovering. Thoughts and prayers for a full recover go his way and to the wounded woman also.

News story said it hit just below the armor. However .223 will go thru standard LE armor, which is designed and tested for common pistol rounds only.

Understood, which is why I was wondering if the round went through kevlar first before hitting him.

WBZ radio reported this morning that the suspect had a handgun and three shotguns... no mention of a rifle. I can not find this in print though.

Back
Top Bottom