Police manufacturing crimes, stealing guns, caught on tape.

It sure looks like it may end with a ....."sorry, shit happens!"

This is an outrage, but as the clip indicates, courts seem to be allowing these types of searches.

smiley_hijack.gif

I don't have quicktime (and refuse to download it).

...any reason why?
do you know something I don't?

sry for the 'jack

carry on

Not surprised at all watching this. It's situations like this that inspired the second amendment!

I was thinking the other day, what would happen if my house alarm went off and the cops showed up while I was armed and searching the grounds? How would they react?

Not surprised at all watching this. It's situations like this that inspired the second amendment!

I was thinking the other day, what would happen if my house alarm went off and the cops showed up while I was armed and searching the grounds? How would they react?

They would be ordering you to the ground at gun point. Or shooting you...

This is blasphemous. Outrageous. What have we become? I could not be so calm. Either the Deputies woulda shot me or in the other situation, that woman would of been forcefully removed.

This does not alter my view of law enforcement. But there are a few people who let power go to their heads.
.... RAGE .....

Anyone who thinks the main conflict is about liberals vs. conservatives or democrats vs. republicans is deeply confused or just not paying attention. The conflict is between the people and the government.

What the hippies got right was the idea that government is inherently corrupt, hungry for power, and indifferent to the rights of the individual. The conservatives spent so much time fighting the counter-culture that they failed to recognize that just because the filthy hippies were irritating, and wrong most of the time, they were not wrong about everything. The knee-jerk conservatism turned to supporting more powerful government and more law enforcement control. Law and order became the trademark of the republicans, and remains so to date.

In the mean time, the liberals became the progressive arm of the democrat party. They are in power now, and have remembered everything that they believed decades before with one exception: now that they run government, they no longer distrust it. And they learned from the republicans just how useful it can be to have police power and a biased court system on your side.

So now here we are, with law and order on one side of the political spectrum and a desire for concentration of progressive control on the other.

You can see the conservative conflict in particular right here on this forum, where there is significant support for the rule of law, no matter how bad the law may be. Many conservatives, particularly older folks, just can't twist their thinking enough to see how much of a threat their government really is. They rail against criminals, but fail to understand that they are far better off facing criminals than a corrupt government, or, as in the videos above, corrupt enforcement of the law.

You can only fight this two ways. The first way, and the best of the two options, is to starve government financially, to oppose any extension of government power regardless of how helpful it may appear, to support any cut in taxes, and to question the validity of all victimless crimes. In short, starve the beast, and choose anarchy whenever possible. A government as corrupt and expansive as ours cannot be trusted with any more power, regardless of how beneficial it may seem.

Anyone who thinks the main conflict is about liberals vs. conservatives or democrats vs. republicans is deeply confused or just not paying attention. The conflict is between the people and the government.

What the hippies got right was the idea that government is inherently corrupt, hungry for power, and indifferent to the rights of the individual. The conservatives spent so much time fighting the counter-culture that they failed to recognize that just because the filthy hippies were irritating, and wrong most of the time, they were not wrong about everything. The knee-jerk conservatism turned to supporting more powerful government and more law enforcement control. Law and order became the trademark of the republicans, and remains so to date.

In the mean time, the liberals became the progressive arm of the democrat party. They are in power now, and have remembered everything that they believed decades before with one exception: now that they run government, they no longer distrust it. And they learned from the republicans just how useful it can be to have police power and a biased court system on your side.

So now here we are, with law and order on one side of the political spectrum and a desire for concentration of progressive control on the other.

You can see the conservative conflict in particular right here on this forum, where there is significant support for the rule of law, no matter how bad the law may be. Many conservatives, particularly older folks, just can't twist their thinking enough to see how much of a threat their government really is. They rail against criminals, but fail to understand that they are far better off facing criminals than a corrupt government, or, as in the videos above, corrupt enforcement of the law.

You can only fight this two ways. The first way, and the best of the two options, is to starve government financially, to oppose any extension of government power regardless of how helpful it may appear, to support any cut in taxes, and to question the validity of all victimless crimes. In short, starve the beast, and choose anarchy whenever possible. A government as corrupt and expansive as ours cannot be trusted with any more power, regardless of how beneficial it may seem.
QFT. I can't think of a way to describe this better.

economist,
Thank you very much for putting into words, in a very short essay, what the root of the problem is and how to fix it. This is brilliant and needs to be put out in the newspapers.

I feel bad for LEO's who try and just do the right thing and have idiots like these bunch out there giving them a bad name.
X2

Nicest guy I ever met was a LEO, 6'5" former drill sergant and the one cop in town that no one ever had a problem with, thy say mannners goes a long way. I fin it is a two way street

...<snip>... The conflict is between the people and the government.

...<snip>...

Spot on observation.

There is a third way of fighting this and sooner or later these "Peace" officers are going to encounter a determined group of individuals who will not only resist but have a point to make.

Not advocating violence, just posting an opinion. People can only take so much. [thinking]

Some of the biggest criminals have titles before their name, like "Representative" or "Senator".

First of all, the thread is mislabeled.....they weren't Police, they were Sheriffs Deputies.

Every place I have lived has confirmed my belief that those who have the right stuff become Police Officers, and those that can't qualify become Sheriff's Deputies!

[laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2]

I am disgusted with the whole way this situation went down, but realize the hard facts of it, we have only our selves to blame for this. Take a good look in the mirror, if your happy with what you see, than go about your day, like this never happened, nor will it ever happen to you. I just hope you have a real good attorney on speed dial.

Most of us rant and rave, and many actually back their ravings up with action, with letters, phone calls and in your face with legislators, but we still have a few that will just sit back and keyboard their way thru life never actually risking anything. I for one find that more hanus. We allowed this mess to occur, now we need to clean it up. Get pissed at me if you will for calling out all of you who are keyboard commandos, you disgust me, and you offend the very freedoms that are their to protect you from this very scenario. If we are to be half the men/women our keyboards portray us to be, than any instance where a peace officer or government entity turns judge, jury, and exicutioner should be met with relentless opposition by any and all legal means. We, law abiding citizens are the only army defending the shreds of the Constitution that are left, this fight will be long and hard, but we shall, and must restore the Constitution as the law of the land, and let no person, government or persons acting in the governments stead, be given unlimited powers to inflict tyranny by wave of a pen or sword. Had we payed attention then, as we are now, their would be no fight to fight. I am master to no man, nor will I allow any man to be my master. Time to go to war, with every legal means available. Time for action people, this has to stop now, balls in our court, how are we going to play.

And people wonder why we have skeptics.

Skeptics, that's down right scary. My skepticism just doubled. The only reason I can sleep at night is knowing I have Jesse Cohen on speed dial. Of course it helps to be alive for using speed dial. I thought they were going to shoot that guy early on in the video [shocked] .

Spot on observation.

There is a third way of fighting this and sooner or later these "Peace" officers are going to encounter a determined group of individuals who will not only resist but have a point to make.

Not advocating violence, just posting an opinion. People can only take so much. [thinking]

This has been tried before.

E.g., Waco.

Even if you have no point to make, and are not resisting, there's Manchester-by-the-Sea.

Even if you just have a business, there's MFL.

The "eventual outcome" is never news, is never aired, except in fora such as this....only the "If it bleeds, it leads" sexy stuff. And, if the Deputies were to be sanctioned, it's not something that woudl make the news....

It's really easy - every last one who did it or failed to stop it should be fired. A large civil settlement should be paid to the aggrieved party and this should be used as teaching material in the future.

Civil suits don't do much when the people being harassed are ultimately paying the bill.

IMHO the "ringleader" at least should be facing felony charges for civil rights violations. What they all did to this guy is criminal.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom