Police: Man illegally owned 12 guns, 3,000 ammunition rounds

Coda

NES Member
Just saw this........
If 12 guns is a lot of guns, then most people have more than a lot of guns.

Police: Man illegally owned 12 guns, 3,000 ammunition rounds
Crime

by: Associated Press

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 / 08:18 AM EDT / Updated: Jul 15, 2019 / 08:18 AM EDT
state-police-car-logo_36944823_ver1.0.jpg

BOSTON (AP) — Massachusetts State Police say a Holbrook man has been arrested for illegally owning 12 firearms and more than 3,000 rounds of ammunition.

State Police said Sunday that 53-year-old Stephen Buckman was arrested and his firearms, ammunition and assorted pills were seized.

It was not clear if Buckman is represented by an attorney who could comment on his behalf.

He faces charges of improper storage of firearms, 12 counts of illegal possession of a firearm, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute and other violations.

Police say he doesn’t have a license to carry firearms or a firearms identification card.

Troopers searched Buckman’s garage bay and home in Holbrook on Friday. State Police say he’s a self-employed mechanic.

He’s in county jail, pending arraignment Monday in Quincy District Court.

so he has some kind of pills but the guns are the bigger issue.

Guns and ammo are protected by 2A and yet those are being considered as the more egregious crimes.

Typical anti-American and anti-2A BS.

I don't like to see this either but not up to you to define the standard for arrest or prosecution. If you don't like the laws, then work to change them. When we get to the point that we are defending breaking the law then we have lost.

Put another way to you think that we will change minds by supporting this guy or anyone like him? Let's spend our time standing up for those who followed the law and were screwed over by it.

And before you go all American Revolution or Ghandi civil disobedience nuts, this isn't that. Those were both highly organized and planned thoughtfully to achieve a result.

So being out on probation for heroin possession plus being in possession of 12 handguns some with defaced serial numbers is OK by NES standards.

The possession of other illegal drugs without a Rx and having stolen property should buy him a walk on the gun charges? Of course it wasn't your stolen property he was in possession of and I'm 100% positive you'd be glad his ass was arrested.

He was turning his life around. [rofl]

They were either watching him, or someone dropped a dime. Odd that they went to the garage first.
The name sounds awful familiar, and the age would be about right. Wonder if its the same guy that ran the demolition derby circuit back in the early-mid 90's.

If 12 guns is a lot of guns, then most people have more than a lot of guns.
actually, i'd bet the average gun owner owns maybe 2 or 3 at best if not only one. we tend to think everyone is like us and they're not. "gun people" are like us...and keep buying and buying and....... so, to folks who own one or none, 12 is a lot. hell, i think a car guy who has 2 or 3 cars on his property is a lot.

Was he hurting anyone or threatening to hurt anyone?

If the answer is no - it's BS.

He's a drug dealer...

Already on probation for heroin possession, a 53-year-old Holbrook man was arrested on charged after state police said they seized a cache of illegal guns, thousands of rounds of unlawful ammunition, and an assorted collection of drugs from his home and place of business on Friday.

Following a search warrant conducted at his home late Friday morning, Stephen Buckman, 53, was arrested and charged with 12 counts of illegal possession of a firearm, improper storage of a firearm, possession of firearms with defaced serial numbers, possession of a firearm in commission of a felony, two counts of receiving stolen property, and two charges for drug possession of a Class B and Class E substance. State police said they determined that Buckman holds neither a license to carry firearms nor a Firearms Identification Card.

At the garage, state police said they recovered 11 handguns, including semi-automatic pistols and revolvers; a .22 caliber rifle; a large volume of assorted types of ammunition, estimated to total more than 3,100 rounds; handgun magazines, some of them large-capacity magazines; and a pill bottle containing assorted types of pills, including Oxycodone, Suboxone, Methadone, Clonazepam, Trazadone, Nuloxone, and Cyclobenzaprine, wrapped in clear plastic baggies with knotted ends. Police also said they found a weight measurement scale, firearms cases and a special police officer’s badge.

Just curious what your position on 80% builds is?

So, if you actually believe in liberty/freedom then what you should be working TOWARDS is a day when all of the BS gun control has been rolled back to saner days in our history and rinse and repeat for the laws on substances that are pushed by big gov, pharma and the medical industry.

So long as you're not harming someone else who the f*** cares is what we should all be working towards.

Until then I can only advocate for following the law as written......sux when you choose to live in mAss

I don't have a problem with 80's. A long time ago, before many here were born the Feds required serial numbers. That's the rule like or not. 12 guns is not a lot IMO but it sounds like some of these were stolen. Now ask yourself how you would feel if some shithead broke into your home and stole your guns? Be honest with your reply.

Drug addicts steal working people's stuff. I got a big f***ing problem with that. Drugs destroy both the individual personally, friends and families. If you don't see that you got blinders on.

Another reason I hate all government. No matter how good the founding intentions were, it always becomes the enemy in the end.
This seems to be the case though all history. I do not think we are any different.

Another reason I hate all government. No matter how good the founding intentions were, it always becomes the enemy in the end.
This seems to be the case though all history. I do not think we are any different.

That's because it is run by humans... No matter how carefully planned or executed, all governments eventually fall due to human nature (i.e corruption, greed, etc..)
Lawyers have messed up the government so bad that is does not even come close to what the founding fathers envisioned.

I don't like to see this either but not up to you to define the standard for arrest or prosecution. If you don't like the laws, then work to change them. When we get to the point that we are defending breaking the law then we have lost.

It’s not that we don’t like the laws. It’s that the laws are unconstitutional and invalid. Violations of rights, no matter what any statute says, are never okay. And you have an obligation to defend noncompliance.

he possession of other illegal drugs without a Rx and having stolen property should buy him a walk on the gun charges?

One is not related to the other.

Possessing stolen guns are BS charges?
I didn't read where it said he stole the guns. If stolen then obviously possession of stolen firearms.

How are "his" firearms stolen?

"State Police said Sunday that 53-year-old Stephen Buckman was arrested and his firearms, ammunition and assorted pills were seized."

I didn't read where it said he stole the guns. If stolen then obviously possession of stolen firearms.

How are "his" firearms stolen?

"State Police said Sunday that 53-year-old Stephen Buckman was arrested and his firearms, ammunition and assorted pills were seized."

Here.

“State Police photographed and secured the seized evidence,” according to a statement from the Massachusetts State Police. “Several of the firearms had previously been reported stolen, and a pistol and a revolver appeared to have defaced serial numbers.”

Holbrook man charged with cache of illegal guns, drug possession

Back
Top Bottom