• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police: Man firing at 2nd man at PA gun range killed by 3rd man

If you are shooting a rifle alone, never leave it on the bench while changing your targets.

If I recall, a few years back, a man in Mass was attacked with his own gun by a man hiding at the range waiting for a chance to steal a gun.
The victim left his gun unattended at the bench.
Maybe because the story is not true and never happened? And people keep repeating they heard about it? Blah blah blah?

I think the story you are referring to happened in Pennsylvania also.

I think the story you are referring to happened in Pennsylvania also.

For two days, authorities scoured the range for evidence --​
a tough job because of all the spent shell casings littering the grounds.​
[shocked]

I've thought about it for 20 years or more. What better place for a criminal to grab a bunch of guns and ammo than a range with a lone shooter at a bench, hearing impaired by hearing protection, vision impaired by glasses?

I never shoot at a public range alone and always make sure who I'm with has a sidearm on.
I can’t live life that way, so I’m at a private range.

If you are shooting a rifle alone, never leave it on the bench while changing your targets.

If I recall, a few years back, a man in Mass was attacked with his own gun by a man hiding at the range waiting for a chance to steal a gun.
The victim left his gun unattended at the bench.

Also basically how Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield were killed. :(

It does happen as much as we hate to think about it.
Not really. Not enough to be statistically significant. Your odds of dying in a car accident while driving to the range or even getting robbed at some gas station on the way there are exponentially higher.

Just awful. It reads like they were friends. Wonder what underlying issues they had? Money, cheating, jealousy, etc.

Police: Man shot friend before bystander fatally shot him at Greene Township gun range

The shooting was reported to state police on Tuesday at 2:08 p.m. According to Weindorf, Eppley and the 28-year-old Erie man arrived at the gun range in separate vehicles, with their girlfriends, after one of the men had just purchased a pistol and they wanted to shoot the new gun.

Weindorf said everyone was taking turns shooting the gun. At one point Eppley had the gun and had just fired five rounds when he turned and began firing the weapon at the 28-year-old man, who was standing about 10 feet from him, "for no apparent reason," Weindorf said.

Some of you guys have a level of paranoia that would kill all the joy for me in any activity. That said once you've lived where you can shoot in your yard a 'proper' range isn't all that much fun.

Back
Top Bottom