• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police Interaction Positive but he asked if I was on Parole

Many states link permit data to the DMV. That's how states like Maryland target out of state permit holder for stops thinking they can get an "illegal firearms" arrest.
[In NC, it also sets up a trap. It is a "duty to inform" state. When you get pulled over the trooper already knows. So if the first words are not "I have a permit and my gun is xxxx" a hard ars can bust you. They acted as if I said nothing and ignore that statement at 2 accident scenes. The other folks looked at me funny.]

Many states link permit data to the DMV. That's how states like Maryland target out of state permit holder for stops thinking they can get an "illegal firearms" arrest.
[In NC, it also sets up a trap. It is a "duty to inform" state. When you get pulled over the trooper already knows. So if the first words are not "I have a permit and my gun is xxxx" a hard ars can bust you. They acted as if I said nothing and ignore that statement at 2 accident scenes. The other folks looked at me funny.]

Have some business cards printed up with the required verbiage and a cute for the law and hand them out if and as needed.

Have some business cards printed up with the required verbiage and a cute for the law and hand them out if and as needed.

There was a viral video years ago of a young man who handed his DL and LTC equivalent to an Officer. The Officer didn't read the ID and went berserk on the young man, for failing to notify, explaining how close to death the young man was and that he should've shot the driver to prove a point.

ETA: Didn't remember the delayed interaction between the driver and the officer. Here is the video:

Last edited:
Some times it turns red if you have a similar name to someone with a record. If your name is John Smith or something common like that its gonna show red. Its up to the individual user to match DOB and other identifiers.

Something similar happened to me a while back when I had a friend run my background. I came up in their system as some off the wall thing like federal felon or something stupid like that. My friend said it happens a lot. I have a similar last name or a couple of digits of my social were similar to some nut job somewhere and the system green lit me. He ignored it. I’ve been stopped by other unfamiliar P.O. since and it’s never been an issue. Have renewed my ltc since and again no issues but doesn’t instill a whole lot of faith in their system.

There was a viral video years ago of a young man who handed his DL and LTC equivalent to an Officer. The Officer didn't read the ID and went berserk on the young man, for failing to notify, explaining how close to death the young man was and that he should've shot the driver to prove a point.

ETA: Didn't remember the delayed interaction between the driver and the officer. Here is the video:

they come over like bullies and intimidate and didn't secure everyone immediately and then they complain. Would have went over huge if the driver yelled; "I HAVE A GUN!" Yeah, that would have been better...lol

Ahhh, unlike the old regime identifying people with yellow/gold superimposed double triangles, the new one will identify the "new undesirables" with a single yellow/gold triangle.
Depending on the program, but either a couple red flashing tabs and a klaxon alarm, or in CJIS, one triangle for the hit on if you've ever had an LTC/FID, and another if there are any "registered" "transactions"

I was wondering if the police could tell I have an LTC by running my plates.

They certainly can in Ohio, you can hear the officers talk about how the driver comes up as "having a CCW" in this video:

Ohio Cop Suspended After Cursing Out A Card-Carrying Gun Holder (GRAPHIC VIDEO) | HuffPost

"Sir, are you on parole?"

"No officer, why do you ask?"...

rRo0nHa.jpg

:emoji_tiger:

Yep, I would stop by the station and ask what is up with that. And I would be very insistent until I got an answer that made sense.
If I were you, I'd check into that.

Who knows what kind of erroneous shit is on your record that could potentially bite you on the ass
now or in the future.

There is normally a FOIA format to get access to this information. Even super secret squirrel fed databases. There's a flyer we have at the office with all the information to get information on your information.

f***er...reviving old threads so I have to reread them from the beginning and I start ‘liking’ people’s comments before realizing they’re from 3 years ago.
Meh; weak.

Peak experience is track-switching onto some old thread
(not via the Watch mechanism),
finding some post that really frames how you feel perfectly,
wanting to upvote the author because you like the cut of his jib,
then getting confused about why there's no [thumbsup]Like link at the bottom.

Because it's one of your own old posts.
[shocked]

Meh; weak.

[shocked]
I once reported one of my own posts, trying to like it 😂

Meh; weak.

[shocked]
I like the cut of your Genoa!

Back
Top Bottom