Police discover an ARSENAL of guns in NJ hospital

Why would this guy hoard and keep all that hardware in an unlocked utility closet in a hospital? Media writes the 39 guns consist of lots of semi automatics, including one ASSAULT rifle, one HIGH capacity rifle magazine and one HIGH capacity pistol magazines. Wonder how many illegal hollow point dum dums were found too.

Police determined that the small armory belonged to Reuven Alonalayoff, 46, of Elmwood Park, who was employed as the hospital's marketing director at the time. Alonalayoff kept the weapons in an unlocked closet within his office.

Wife probably said "Me or the guns. One of us is going..."

Why would this guy hoard and keep all that hardware in an unlocked utility closet in a hospital? Media writes the 39 guns consist of lots of semi automatics, including one ASSAULT rifle, one HIGH capacity rifle magazine and one HIGH capacity pistol magazines. Wonder how many illegal hollow point dum dums were found too.

The article doesn't mention any ammunition being found at all.
The guns themselves are about as dangerous as a baseball bat without any ammo.
Why does a hospital need a marketing department anyway, people pretty much know why they need a hospital already.

Why does a hospital need a marketing department anyway, people pretty much know why they need a hospital already.
those were his marketing tools............

This is one of the weirdest hospitals I've ever been in, it's almost 100% Russian employees.

Well, the bright side is: 39 guns and only 2 charges.
Sounds like the cops went pretty light on him.

Hmmm. Something tells me that some of those guns were seized from patients who were brought into the hospital. I knew a security guard in a NY city school who had a large collection of knives seized from students. I also knew a NYC Fire Lieutenant who had three pillowcases of pistols when he retired. They were seized from apartments when there was a building fire. In both cases, the oiginal owners knew enough not to make a fuss and ask for them back. I can see a hoodrat brought in for an injury and they find he has a weapon still in his possession.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Something tells me that some of those guns were seized from patients who were brought into the hospital. I knew a security guard in a NY city school who had a large collection of knoves seized from students. I also knew a NYC Fire Lieutenant who had three pillowcases of pistols when he retired. They were seized from apartments when there was a building fire. In both cases, the oiginal owners knew enough not to make a fuss and ask for them back. I can see a hoodrat brought in for an injury and they find he has a weapon still in his possession.
That's what I was thinking.

Wife probably said "Me or the guns. One of us is going..."
You beat me to it, the guys in the middle of a move..

I gotta bring my wife to the bunker , sign some paperwork, show her the important parts…

That way when I die she’s not selling RDIAS and HK sears keychains for 20 bucks

That hospital was in my former jurisdiction. It's one of several in a medical group of several very large hospitals. That's why there is a marketing division. The only charges stemmed from the illegals rifle and magazines. The remainder were legal to own.

The hospital isn't that large. wonder where he stashed them all. The offices for the most part were small.

Funny thing was the former CEO / who was a founder had a very large gun collection. I helped catalog them upon his death. Some very nice examples....all unfired.

That hospital was in my former jurisdiction. It's one of several in a medical group of several very large hospitals. That's why there is a marketing division. The only charges stemmed from the illegals rifle and magazines. The remainder were legal to own.

The hospital isn't that large. wonder where he stashed them all. The offices for the most part were small.

Funny thing was the former CEO / who was a founder had a very large gun collection. I helped catalog them upon his death. Some very nice examples....all unfired.
That's like being married to a Playboy Bunny and never, um, having time for the old in and out.

Back
Top Bottom