• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police cruiser hits, kills pedestrian on the Cape

While I'm all for shitting on the cops when they do something wrong...

2am, guy in the center of the road. I'm surprised no one else hit the guy first.

The only potential gotcha is if the officer was responding to another call at a higher than authorized/appropriate rate of speed.

I had an employee who killed a guy in Sudbury a few years back. Young kid, the driver that is. Anyhow the town loser/drunk/wanderer was stumbling down the middle of the road and got clipped by driver #1, and driver #2 (my employee) hit about two seconds later and killed him. Relatively sleepy "big little" New England town, not a ton of lighting, etc. Guess what? Even the cops in town and most of the non-libtard residents - there are a few - were sad that he, my employee, would have to live with the feeling of having killed a guy, and were thankful that he hadn't been hurt, or that it hadn't been a car full of little children to see such a mess. The loser/drunk/wanderer? He cashed his own check. It'd almost happened before, and it was bound to happen soon if it wasn't that night. If only he'd had the decency to fall off a bridge rather than to put a young kid through the mental anguish of taking another persons life at 17. No charges were filed, and rightly so.

Here's where this guy on the cape bit the dust...

where.JPG

Call me callous, but I see a very glaring reason why he should be alive tonight, and it has nothing to do with the decisions of the driver - police officer or not.

Last edited:
PSGWSP. Many, MANY years ago a friend of mine decided to lie down on the double yellow line. There was a football movie that showed a scene like that as some sort of "Right of passage" or hazing or some such. MArco died when he got run over. He was drunk too. I felt worse for the innocent guy that hit him than I did for my friend. More of a "bar buddy" but...

Not a whole lot of rooom on that road from Frizzle's post, the "wig-wags" probably don't make it easier to see, and I'll bet the guy wasn't wearing flourescent green either. Sorry he died, I feel bad for his family, but again, PSGWSP...

Moron walking on the yellow line at 2am. No ones fault but his own, no driver would have expected this. This is a good example of PSGWSP

PSGWSP. Many, MANY years ago a friend of mine decided to lie down on the double yellow line. There was a football movie that showed a scene like that as some sort of "Right of passage" or hazing or some such. MArco died when he got run over. He was drunk too. I felt worse for the innocent guy that hit him than I did for my friend. More of a "bar buddy" but...

Sorry for your loss, Radtekk... I remember when that happened. The movie was "The Program" and they pulled that scene completely, in the theaters and on the subsequent VHS tapes. Was just talking about that with a friend the other day, trying to remember the name of the film. Not too many years after was the "Do Not Try This At Home" generation of TV shows and movies and such.

Not a whole lot of rooom on that road from Frizzle's post, the "wig-wags" probably don't make it easier to see, and I'll bet the guy wasn't wearing flourescent green either. Sorry he died, I feel bad for his family, but again, PSGWSP...

True, it's a narrow little road without any light to speak of. What sticks out to me is a huge sidewalk, separated from the road by a few trees and maybe 10 feet of grass... rational, reasonable people would walk on that. Rational, reasonable people don't walk down the middle of the road in the pitch dark. Remember there's less light pollution down there, too.

Some people read into thing that were not reported. Not reported drunk guy walking down the middle of the road.

True, but drunk or not, strolling late at night on a double yellow is still a SG deserving of a SP.

Sorry for your loss, Radtekk... I remember when that happened. The movie was "The Program" and they pulled that scene completely, in the theaters and on the subsequent VHS tapes. Was just talking about that with a friend the other day, trying to remember the name of the film. Not too many years after was the "Do Not Try This At Home" generation of TV shows and movies and such.

True, it's a narrow little road without any light to speak of. What sticks out to me is a huge sidewalk, separated from the road by a few trees and maybe 10 feet of grass... rational, reasonable people would walk on that. Rational, reasonable people don't walk down the middle of the road in the pitch dark. Remember there's less light pollution down there, too.

One of the few things that I get wound up about on the road, is joggers that run in the street, when there is a sidewalk right next to them. I've asked joggers why, but have never been able to get a clear answer.....

One of the few things that I get wound up about on the road, is joggers that run in the street, when there is a sidewalk right next to them. I've asked joggers why, but have never been able to get a clear answer.....

Absolutely, a huge pet peeve of mine... I've always thought that joggers and spandex bicyclists were members of the "Lookit Me" sect of the Libtard cult.

Or when bicyclists are riding their "I'm a completely pinheaded TWIT, helping to save the planet from fossil fuels while I'm on this ridiculous looking bicycle", down the middle of the road (usually in the pouring rain on Comm Ave, or (even better yet) in the winter through Harvard Square or MIT, after we've just had three or five inches of snow/slush/ice? ... or when they're riding in the lane you're trying to drive in, when the "bicycles only" lane that your taxes paid about THREE EFFIN MILLION EFFIN DOLLARS FOR is completely wide open, vacant, unused, etc etc etc etc etc...

Just sayin'

Last edited:
I have no problem with the bike folks - they're supposed to be in the road, and follow the same rules as the cars ( when they don't that does p!ss me off).

That's where I'm coming from - I may be biased, I grew up navigating the flocks of them in Lincoln, Concord and Sudbury... they'd block off entire roads riding three abreast at about 1/2 of the speed limit, and generally make a nuisance of themselves. God forbid you wanted to drive, they'd curse and scream like toddlers "SHARE THE ROAD" with zero clue as to the irony there. The solo rider who hugs the curb and uses turn signals doesn't bother me in the least.

Asphalt is easier on your feet than concrete is. Most runners believe that, anyway, whether it's true or not.

That said, I've been running pretty continuously since 1988 and I think running in the street is asking for trouble. So don't blame me.

Not quite the same, but a few years ago I was driving to work around 2am. Just a little way up the road in the picture, where it turns into a four lane, there was a prostitute standing in the middle of the four lanes, on the double yellow line with her thumb out. (No, no pictures and she wasn't hot) You see some stupid/crazy crap around that area.

If the deceased was drunk walking at 2am in the middle of the road, well, so be it.

psgwsp and/or darwin...

- - - Updated - - -

Not quite the same, but a few years ago I was driving to work around 2am. Just a little way up the road in the picture, where it turns into a four lane, there was a prostitute standing in the middle of the four lanes, on the double yellow line with her thumb out. (No, no pictures and she wasn't hot) You see some stupid/crazy crap around that area.

Would that be the hooker portrayed in your avatar?

Asphalt is easier on your feet than concrete is. Most runners believe that, anyway, whether it's true or not.

That said, I've been running pretty continuously since 1988 and I think running in the street is asking for trouble. So don't blame me.

OK....but in my area, the sidewalks that they eschew, are asphalt, as well. [rofl]

Target fixation is hard to overcome, when you see something out of the ordinary happening in front you. Learned about this in MC road racing school, and saw it many times on the track. Also on the road! Maybe this was the issue?

Back
Top Bottom