• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police Confiscate Weapons From Pastafarian

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
An Australian man says police confiscated four of his guns because he posed for his firearm licence photo with a colander on his head.

Guy Albon convinced the photographer that he was a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster so that he could wear the colander- a symbol of the satirical religious movement whose members refer to themselves as Pastafarians.

The 30-year-old said he exploited a law that allows headgear to be worn in photos.

‘The law stipulates you can have something on your head,’ he said.

‘You have to have your entire face uncovered and if the headgear is being worn it has to have some religious significance.

‘I thought ‘I’ve got this one in the bag’ – it was an absolute scream.’

But when Mr Albon submitted paperwork to have his licence status changed, police became worried he was mentally unstable.

Officers came to his home, where they seized two handguns and two rifles and ordered him to see a psychiatrist

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/21/police-confiscate-weapons-from-pastafarian-4770547/

ad_138477911.jpg

Just goes to prove, you can't have fun with anything any more. And while I don't think it was justification for taking his shit, he was an idiot. :D

If they admit him to a mental hospital for observation, they will have to serve him spaghetti on Wednesdays.

Last edited:
Pastafarianism has as much validity as many religions. Technically (IF God exists) it has as much validity as all of them except perhaps for one, unless they've hit the golden ticket and guessed right that God is Italian and loves a good capellini d'angelo.

I guess they don't have a 1st Amendment to go along with their lack of a 2nd Amendment.

religion-Spock.jpg

It appears that they will reissue his license!

According to Mr Albon, the psychiatrist immediately declared him as sane and ‘laughed it off’.

And though the Pastafarian has agreed to have his gun license photo retaken without the colander, he is going to try his luck with his driver’s license.

‘What are they gonna do, come and take my car off me?’ he said.

Just goes to prove, you can't have fun with anything any more. And while I don't think it was justification for taking his shit, he was an idiot. :D
Damnit he stole my idea for renewal. Guess I'll have to settle for a watermelon decorated with apple-blossom.

Pastafarianism has as much validity as many religions. Technically (IF God exists) it has as much validity as all of them except perhaps for one, unless they've hit the golden ticket and guessed right that God is Italian and loves a good capellini d'angelo.

I guess they don't have a 1st Amendment to go along with their lack of a 2nd Amendment.

Nah, religion is only OK as long as it's one of the mainstream, 'normal' religions. I mean, where would we be if people could just believe in who or what they wanted? There should be a list of like, three or four acceptable religions people can join, so there's no confusion.

If you want to have some fun with your appearance (yes, I have done this...), check out these:

http://www.drbukk.com/content/34-dr-bukk-styles

A friend had his license picture taken with these in. I wore a set to a family gathering with relatives I don't see often. I kept watching relatives staring wondering WTF?

those teeth look like almost everyone I have seen in England [rofl]

It has nothing to do with having fun and everything to do with the authorities being pissed that he hoodwinked the system. Fine, they say, but we'll make him pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom