• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police Commissioner Edward Davis

This time he's really put his foot in his mouth for all to help him chew.

There have been a few articles published recently about the BPD, now the MBTA and semi-auto rifles.

T ends bid to arm officers with rifles
http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...06/06/t_ends_bid_to_arm_officers_with_rifles/

Give authorities tools they need to protect us
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/e...ve_authorities_tools_they_need_to_protect_us/

She feels less safe knowing police have assault weapons
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/e...ess_safe_knowing_police_have_assault_weapons/

But the one that takes the prize is this one, authored by Police Commissioner Edward Davis himself:

Boston Police will seek community input before implementing rifle plan
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/e...mmunity_input_before_implementing_rifle_plan/

In a perfect world, we would not need to carry weapons at all. Unfortunately, that is not the world we live in.

I wrote about this last week, but head on over to the link and leave the Commissioner a little gift from your mind after his comment sinks in.

Ed Davis reminds me of a Beagle (dog breed)!

Although I get the impression that most Beagles show more intelligence than Davis! Of course, if one were to show true intelligence, they wouldn't be appointed by Mumbles to that job now would they?

In Defense of Ed Davis, I've met the man, and IMHO he really is a nice guy. However, anyone that holds that position is expected to be Meninos lap dog. I'm sure he's conflicted sometimes between his own beliefs and the orders that his boss hands down to him. I'd be more inclined to cut him some slack than I would be of his predecessors.

In a perfect world, we would not need to carry weapons at all. Unfortunately, that is not the world we live in.

There's a modicum of truth to this statement. Edward Davis' utopia will never come to fruition.

It looks to me that Police Commissione Ed Davis has just given every citizen of Boston who wants a LTC/ALP an undeniable reason to receive the same.

Well...I have a slightly different take on the Bushmaster issue. It boils down to training. I'm not sure that four hours instruction is really enough training before issuing a semi-auto rifle that will be used in an urban policing setting. There has to be an extremely high standard of marksmanship and a fair amount of continual practice. We are not talking about Baghdad here where different rules with regard to the Rules of Engagement apply.

Mark056

Any Police Dept. who has to get the input of "community leaders" to make choices about firearms/Officer safety has their PC head stuffed up their arse. Especially after all the heat LE took after Columbine, the biggest complaint was that the first officers on scene waited for the SWAT team and stood by at the perimeter. Maybe if they had patrol rifles it could have improved the situation, but what do I know I only do the job; let me ask the Urban League of Boston or some know nothing "Reverend" from Dorchester who would hide under his bed should bullets fly near his house what we should do.

Perhaps we could put it to a community vote as to whether or not the police have a right to defend themselves and others.[thinking]

This whole thing about civilian review boards and the Police is nuts. The united States Supreme Court ruled in Grahm V Connor that any review of Police use of force is to be reviewed by the Reasonable Officers standard. The case even mentions 20/20 hindsight should not be applied. I have no idea why more dept dont tell these civilin review boards to go pound sand. In the event the t-gets or Boston gets into in a situation in which handguns were not enough to stop the threat, these same A-holes will be screaming what piss poor planning it was by the Police to not have weapons to deal with the situation.

I do not know Davis personally but I have met him a few times. Though I have never spoken to him directly about this, I know that he personally feels that no private citizen should be able to carry a firearm at all. I have heard this from detectives in the Lowell Police department when Davis was still Police Superintendent here.

Then man hates that any civilian has access to guns and can defend themself. He and Mumble share the same stupid idiology on the Second Amendment.

Any Police Dept. who has to get the input of "community leaders" to make choices about firearms/Officer safety has their PC head stuffed up their arse. Especially after all the heat LE took after Columbine, the biggest complaint was that the first officers on scene waited for the SWAT team and stood by at the perimeter. Maybe if they had patrol rifles it could have improved the situation, but what do I know I only do the job; let me ask the Urban League of Boston or some know nothing "Reverend" from Dorchester who would hide under his bed should bullets fly near his house what we should do.

+1

the event the t-gets or Boston gets into in a situation in which handguns were not enough to stop the threat, these same A-holes will be screaming what piss poor planning it was by the Police to not have weapons to deal with the situation.
People like that deserve the law of the jungle.

I do not know Davis personally but I have met him a few times. Though I have never spoken to him directly about this, I know that he personally feels that no private citizen should be able to carry a firearm at all. I have heard this from detectives in the Lowell Police department when Davis was still Police Superintendent here.

Then man hates that any civilian has access to guns and can defend themself. He and Mumble share the same stupid idiology on the Second Amendment.

I hate those holier-than-thou types. If he's so anti-gun, why doesn't he take his department's guns and incinerate them. Oh wait, I know. He's not anti-gun. He's anti-you-having-a-gun.

Back
Top Bottom