• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police called for student with LEGO gun, no really...

allen-1

NES Member
Police called to New Haven magnet school for child making toy Lego gun

And the best part?
“School leaders and local police partners were able to investigate and resolve the issue internally with use of restorative practices. Appropriate steps were taken at the school level to insure the safety of all students and to impress upon the students the seriousness of engaging in positive peer interactions while avoiding conduct that may pose risk or concern to others. All children need to feel safe and secure within the learning environment and we all have a role to play to make that happen.”

Meanwhile, on my street here in Georgia, the kids point sticks at each other and yell "BANG!" and the parents smile and continue talking to one another. Really. The bigger kids have nerf guns, and have waterguns, and dartguns and nobody seems to get upset.

Oh, the "bigger" kids? They shoot real guns - under adult supervision.

Here's a picture I took last week of a friend of mine with his daughter:

Attachments

• 2018-05-06 11.52.59.jpg
    2018-05-06 11.52.59.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 262
Could you buy an add-on pack of a bird crapping on a LEGO car?

Good idea. But I was too busy trying to figure out how the tenants kept destroying the housing almost as soon as they moved in. I thought they would be thankful and take good care of what was given to them for free, but sadly it didn't work out that way.

lego-2-jpg.46923

lego-1-jpg.46924

Heres the one i built a while back. .... and yes... It WILL put an eye out!

When are the police going to start reprimanding school staff for wasting their time on these nuisance calls?

Police called to New Haven magnet school for child making toy Lego gun

And the best part?
“School leaders and local police partners were able to investigate and resolve the issue internally with use of restorative practices. Appropriate steps were taken at the school level to insure the safety of all students and to impress upon the students the seriousness of engaging in positive peer interactions while avoiding conduct that may pose risk or concern to others. All children need to feel safe and secure within the learning environment and we all have a role to play to make that happen.”

Meanwhile, on my street here in Georgia, the kids point sticks at each other and yell "BANG!" and the parents smile and continue talking to one another. Really. The bigger kids have nerf guns, and have waterguns, and dartguns and nobody seems to get upset.

Oh, the "bigger" kids? They shoot real guns - under adult supervision.

Here's a picture I took last week of a friend of mine with his daughter:

2018-05-06 11.52.59.jpg giphy-3.gif

Can the person who called be arrested for making a false report? Not trying to be funny here, I really wonder about this type of “incident “.

Back
Top Bottom