• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police body camera - Shooting during 209A call

Her being shot wasn't the fault of the cops. It was the fault of the scumbag who had her at knifepoint.

I blame it on this sign not being posted:

guns_are_welcome_on_premises_sign_posters-r9ba8d8fa08dd4bee988cbc0fc359aab3_aixx_8byvr_512.jpg

I think since she was about to be stabbed to death in the neck or chest, living and being shot is a good trade.

Good shoot.

wow, right over the head on the Amber Lamps. I had to Google it...Here I was sitting I reached the end of the internet and there was nothing left to see, along comes Amber Lamps. LOL, that dude got knocked pretty damn hard. Suffice to say that 67 year old would have clocked my skronny 42 year old arse too!.

They should have shot the knife out of his hand....[wink]
And why nobody want to render first aid to that poor woman once outside.?

It's a lose-lose for cops if you think about it.

Shoot him: "What'd you shoot him for? I'mma sue you."

Don't shoot him: "You were right there and you let him kill her, I'mma sue you"

To the don't shoot part, I think the cop could be legally in the clear on that:

Police have no responsibility to protect individuals (reference)

Police have no legal duty to respond and prevent crime or protect the victim. There have BEEN OVER 10 various supreme and state court cases the individual has never won. Notably, the Supreme Court STATED about the responsibility of police for the security of your family and loved ones is "You, and only you, are responsible for your security and the security of your family and loved ones. That was the essence of a U.S. Supreme Court decision in the early 1980's when they ruled that the police do not have a duty to protect you as an individual, but to protect society as a whole."

"It is well-settled fact of American law that the police have no legal duty to protect any individual citizen from crime, even if the citizen has received death threats and the police have negligently failed to provide protection."

Sources:

7/15/05 SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES No. 04-278 TOWN OF CASTLE ROCK, COLORADO, PETITIONER v. JESSICA GONZALES, INDIVIDUALLY AND AS NEXT BEST FRIEND OF HER DECEASED MINOR CHILDREN, REBECCA GONZALES, KATHERYN GONZALES, AND LESLIE GONZALES
On June 27, in the case of Castle Rock v. Gonzales, the Supreme Court found that Jessica Gonzales did not have a constitutional right to individual police protection even in the presence of a restraining order. Mrs. Gonzales' husband with a track record of violence, stabbing Mrs. Gonzales to death, Mrs. Gonzales' family could not get the Supreme Court to change their unanimous decision for one's individual protection. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN FOLKS AND GOVERNMENT BODIES ARE REFUSING TO PASS THE Safety Ordinance.

(1) Richard W. Stevens. 1999. Dial 911 and Die. Hartford, Wisconsin: Mazel Freedom Press.

(2) Barillari v. City of Milwaukee, 533 N.W.2d 759 (Wis. 1995).

(3) Bowers v. DeVito, 686 F.2d 616 (7th Cir. 1982).

(4) DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services, 489 U.S. 189 (1989).

(5) Ford v. Town of Grafton, 693 N.E.2d 1047 (Mass. App. 1998).

(6) Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. 1981).
"...a government and its agencies are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App. 1981)

(7) "What makes the City's position particularly difficult to understand is that, in conformity to the dictates of the law, Linda did not carry any weapon for self-defense. Thus by a rather bitter irony she was required to rely for protection on the City of NY which now denies all responsibility to her."
Riss v. New York, 22 N.Y.2d 579,293 N.Y.S.2d 897, 240 N.E.2d 806 (1958).

(8) "Law enforcement agencies and personnel have no duty to protect individuals from the criminal acts of others; instead their duty is to preserve the peace and arrest law breakers for the protection of the general public."
Lynch v. N.C. Dept. of Justice, 376 S.E. 2nd 247 (N.C. App. 1989)

New York Times, Washington DC
Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone By LINDA GREENHOUSE Published: June 28, 2005
The ruling applies even for a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

There used to be a time back in the day when a perp holding a knife in one hand with a hostage would have been over powered (especially since he was laying on the bottom) by the cops.

I'm sorry but that is just silly. First off, getting into a wrestling match with someone armed with knife almost guarantees that you will get cut.

A man with a knife to an innocent's throat justifies the use of deadly force all day long and twice on Sunday -- legally, morally, and ethically.

Couldna shot the weapon out of perps hand? Wtf?

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

wow. when she got up in the second vid her arm was facing the wrong way :-/...that round def shatter her arm. wonder if she filed a lawsuit even though they saved her life?!

I agree if it is 1 cop and the perp has 2 hands available. Your odds are better when the perp is on his back with one hand available and 3+ police officers ready to move.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they shoot her or was it what appeared to be a knife in the boyfriends hand. Either way I was surprised to see none of them at least give an "oh crap let me put pressure on that wound for you".

Good shoot. Good cops.

"Ya'll din't ave ta shewt 'im!"

Sounds like he was working on cutting her, and she talking about how they didn't have to shoot him? WTF is wrong with people? She's probably in schock from being shot, but damn, the guy was drawing back to stab her from what I saw.

I'm sorry but that is just silly. First off, getting into a wrestling match with someone armed with knife almost guarantees that you will get cut.

A man with a knife to an innocent's throat justifies the use of deadly force all day long and twice on Sunday -- legally, morally, and ethically.

+1. No way that's a bad shoot. If that was me as the hostage I'd be thanking them as my arm is beeing sewn up/put in a cast and when I'm out of the hospital the drinks are on me. Those cops were the good guys.

Last edited:
After they stopped shooting it sounded like someone said "Did you kill him?"

Was that the girlfriend? If so, it's bizarre because whomever said it sounded pissed at the cops.

That is the case in most DV calls. The victim of DV ends up either dogpiling the cops or blaming them for whatever happened next.

Damn hard shot to make and kudos to the officers for making the shots count in spite of some collateral damage.

Anyone that touched her risked getting Hepatitis or Aids, best left to the medics on the way.

That is the case in most DV calls. The victim of DV ends up either dogpiling the cops or blaming them for whatever happened next.

Damn hard shot to make and kudos to the officers for making the shots count in spite of some collateral damage.

Anyone that touched her risked getting Hepatitis or Aids, best left to the medics on the way.
AIDS. Just about a death sentence on the installment plan. Still no cure. Still a deadly threat, all of these decades later.

Back
Top Bottom