Police Board Ohio School Bus And Seize Cap Guns From 6-Year-Old Student

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...d-seize-cap-guns-from-6-year-old-student.html

The toy did not have any caps in it. No children were injured but police said some of them were shaken up..

doublefacepalm-1.gif

Last edited:
Homeschool.

total serious question here...I do not have kids so schooling is never on my mind. But what are the parameters for home schooling? Do you have to be certified and prove your teaching? just something I never thought about until just now

I believe Paul Markel of STOG has it right when refers to this sort of thing as psychological terrorism of children.

If I was 6 and a bunch of uniformed guys stormed my bus I'd probably be shaken up also. I owned and played with cap guns, water guns, bb guns, etc, so I wouldn't have been scared seeing one.

Then again, you have to wonder what the call was that came in - if someone was screaming "a boy on a bus is pointing guns at other children and threatening to shoot", their response seems legit.

No children were injured. Are the police patting themselves on the back now when they show up somewhere and manage to not shoot people?

Also glad to hear no dogs were shot.

- - - Updated - - -

total serious question here...I do not have kids so schooling is never on my mind. But what are the parameters for home schooling? Do you have to be certified and prove your teaching? just something I never thought about until just now

Nope, no tests, no licenses. Remember, they're my kids, not the state's kids. Mine. Well, mine and Mrs. Teaser's.

I like the part where the bus driver called the police and the gun turned out to be a cap gun.

So the driver's sitting there with a six year old with a gun until the police arrive.

No children were injured. Are the police patting themselves on the back now when they show up somewhere and manage to not shoot people?

Bottom line is officer safety. If that means berating innocent 1st graders than so be it. Our brave men and women in uniform deserve our complete and total respect and reverence. They need to come home safe and sound at the end of their shift.

I know this sounds totally callous but the police and other first responders are here for us and will help us whenever we need it.

Bottom line is officer safety. If that means berating innocent 1st graders than so be it. Our brave men and women in uniform deserve our complete and total respect and reverence. They need to come home safe and sound at the end of their shift.

I know this sounds totally callous but the police and other first responders are here for us and will help us whenever we need it.

not sure if serious.

Homeschool.

This +1

But with 13 & 15 year olds in high school, it takes a lot of coordination and committment to homeschool. Oh, and money too - lots of it.

Homeschooling in lower grades is cheap - the science curriculum in high school is a killer (~$500 with the lab kits)

Yes, still not sure if serious.

pretty sure there was a healthy dose of sarcasm in his post. If I am wrong, then... well it's Wednesday I haven't hit my limit for the week yet.

sarcasm can be exceedingly difficult to detect in written form. And it has been a long week already.

haven't had enough coffee to wake up today, rofl.

Man, I was laying it on a little too thick, huh? [smile]

This +1

But with 13 & 15 year olds in high school, it takes a lot of coordination and committment to homeschool. Oh, and money too - lots of it.

Homeschooling in lower grades is cheap - the science curriculum in high school is a killer (~$500 with the lab kits)

It doesn't have to be that expensive. I did two years of highschool chemistry home schooled, the first year relied mostly on household chemicals, the second year (AP equivalent) used this fairly cheap kit. I aced my first year college chem course, the curriculum we used was quite effective. Homeschooling is more expensive than school though. My parents used to say with 12 of us kids around all day, we would save a lot just on stuff like toilet paper if we were at school.[rofl]

I was home schooled, though it was for differences in learning styles rather than political beliefs. To be honest, I wish it hadn't been necessary. The home school thing can be extremely isolating for a child. I'm in my 30s and I still see stuff I really missed out on back then. When I meet kids now who are being home schooled, they're always the ones who are bright but weird/awkward and have an inward focus that won't go over well socially. Or their education has been somewhat uneven due to whatever the parents find worthwhile.

As far as the OP, if I brought a cap gun to school 25 years ago they sure as hell would confiscate it. It just would be the teachers and not the SWAT team. I see parents now who won't let their children play with army men or toy fighter planes because they're sure it'll cause their kids to grow up invading Poland or something.

Good thing this wasn't in Jersey, that prosecutor would try to put him in jail for 3 years.

So glad I plan on my own well being and not this load of shit. I do hope you are being sarcastic.

Back
Top Bottom