• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police barred from Vermont gun range over proposed semi-automatic rifle ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
karma-is-a-bitch-but-keep-calm.png

I think it would've been good for the club to have a chat with the cops before making the announcement, because I bet if they did, the cops would've been behind them on the decision, and it would've put more pressure on the idiots in the city council to drop the matter. The story reads as if the cops were blind-sided by this turn of events, and IMO, it would be better to have them on our side than be mad about the decision.

Nothing wrong with the decision. If the cops don't like it then they can speak up at the meeting or have a private word with the idiots proposing this stupid ordinance.

I think it would've been good for the club to have a chat with the cops before making the announcement, because I bet if they did, the cops would've been behind them on the decision, and it would've put more pressure on the idiots in the city council to drop the matter. The story reads as if the cops were blind-sided by this turn of events, and IMO, it would be better to have them on our side than be mad about the decision.

Sure. Because the antis are always interested in a rational discussion before taking our guns.

Sure. Because the antis are always interested in a rational discussion before taking our guns.

I guess as I re-read the article, the cop's spokesman does come off as an anti. I retract my previous statement and say screw them! You want to ban our guns? Good luck finding a place to practice!

If they talked to the police first it might not be a story in the news. This is good publicity for the were not gonna take it attitude. The police can now publicly take their stand.

We need to take this idea statewide in Massachusetts. This info needs to be sent out to all the Ranges, Rod and Gun Clubs, and Sportsman's Clubs. Also to the private ranges and shops.

One avenue to get the word out is through the Massachusetts Sportsmen's Council.

This needs to be universal across the state, and solidarity needs to rule the day. This needs to come from GOAL and NRA, if they are going to listen at all. And it needs to happen SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom