• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police arrest two men with loaded firearm at New Bedford Third District Court

mikeyp

NES Member
Police arrest two men with loaded firearm at New Bedford Third District Court - New Bedford Guide

Just before noon on Tuesday, a Massachusetts State Trooper Gang Unit officer observed a group acting suspiciously outside of Third District Court.

The Trooper notified the New Bedford Police Gang Unit for assistance. Officers approached two men and a struggle ensued with one of them. Police report that a firearm was located on 18-year old Alante Brown New Bedford. Also arrested was 26-year old Manny Andrews of New Bedford.

Both are being charged with carrying a loaded firearm without a license and receiving stolen property.

Two men arrested with loaded gun outside New Bedford courthouse

NEW BEDFORD -- Two New Bedford men were arrested outside New Bedford Third District Court on Tuesday and charged with unlawfully carrying a loaded firearm, according to a police spokesperson.

Alante Brown, 18, of 398 Elm Street, and Manny Andrews, 26, of 7 Bannister St, were arrested and charged with charged with carrying a loaded firearm without a license, receiving stolen property.

A Massachusetts State Trooper from the state Gang Unit observed a group acting suspicious outside of Third District Court on Tuesday around noon. He notified New Bedford Police Gang Unit for assistance and they interacted with the two men.

A struggle ensued resulting in a firearm being located on Brown, police said.

How does one act suspiciously outside of court??? I mean, is this like you freeze up when a trooper passes you on the highway. "Just look straight ahead and try to be natural!" LOL

When I was flying light planes I read about a case where two licensed pilots in a plane were charged with buzzing a crowd at low altitude. When asked who was flying the plane, each one said "not me". They got off. So who had the gun? Jack.

When I was flying light planes I read about a case where two licensed pilots in a plane were charged with buzzing a crowd at low altitude. When asked who was flying the plane, each one said "not me". They got off. So who had the gun? Jack.
In this situation, unless one person claims the gun, everyone within reach will be charged and let the court figure it out.

And..."acting suspiciously"
tossed out of court in 3.....2....1...

Who doesn't act suspiciously when you see the cops anyways? lol

ive-always-resented-the-fact-that-when-a-cop-drives-15207672.png

And..."acting suspiciously"
tossed out of court in 3.....2....1...
Still won't erase the BOP and FBI permanent records of the arrests. A friend accepted a ride home one day from his friend. Car got stopped on Alabama 59 near Gulf Shores for expired registration. Cop searched vehicle and found stolen merchandise in the trunk that my friend, the passenger, had no knowledge of. Both got arrested. Driver got convicted but my friend's charges were dropped. Alabama ALEA forwarded the arrest records to the FBI and it haunted him ever since. He lost many educational and job opportunities because of it. Sealing an FBI record is next to impossible. One guy had the gun but both will pay dearly.

Still won't erase the BOP and FBI permanent records of the arrests. A friend accepted a ride home one day from his friend. Car got stopped on Alabama 59 near Gulf Shores for expired registration. Cop searched vehicle and found stolen merchandise in the trunk that my friend, the passenger, had no knowledge of. Both got arrested. Driver got convicted but my friend's charges were dropped. Alabama ALEA forwarded the arrest records to the FBI and it haunted him ever since. He lost many educational and job opportunities because of it. Sealing an FBI record is next to impossible. One guy had the gun but both will pay dearly.

I’m sure these characters will “pay dearly” next time they attempt to apply for a job ...

Still won't erase the BOP and FBI permanent records of the arrests. A friend accepted a ride home one day from his friend. Car got stopped on Alabama 59 near Gulf Shores for expired registration. Cop searched vehicle and found stolen merchandise in the trunk that my friend, the passenger, had no knowledge of. Both got arrested. Driver got convicted but my friend's charges were dropped. Alabama ALEA forwarded the arrest records to the FBI and it haunted him ever since. He lost many educational and job opportunities because of it. Sealing an FBI record is next to impossible. One guy had the gun but the taxpayer will pay dearly.
FIFY.

Criminals don't G.A.S. and will continue to criminal once released back into the world.

Back
Top Bottom