• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I would accept that so long as the bill also had provisions requiring all accusations of police misconduct be investigated by...um...anyone other than the police. Plus, all accusations, investigation results and records of disciplinary action are all public record.

Add another to the list of reasons to move from MA......not that it wasn't already a police state.

Nobody's feet are chained to the ground, pack up and get out while you can still live and enjoy life unencumbered by the endless BS that Mass life brings with it.

Titles or Nobility are forbidden by the Constitution as is second class citizenship by the 14th Amendment. Too bad the legislature can't read or understand the simple concept of equal protection under the law.

"If his bill passes, someone who seriously injures or kills a cop would be charged with a hate crime"

All it means it that assault or murder on on a cop is a lesser crime. That's all. [banghead]

Already very protected
From supreme court to tax payer funded pay outs.
Like to see a bill pass that says law makers and law enforcers get a min of double the fines, sentencing ect ect

time to treat crimes by cops to be more serious than crimes by the regular folk. Also, would like to see the elimination of retirement before charged with a crime so as to protect their pensions, a crime committed while on active duty should not protect a pension by retirement.

I believe they are already but this will put an exclamation point on the issue. It also includes a provision for resisting any police officer or other first responder for the offender to get a 1 year mandatory jail sentence.

Oh don't worry. They won't impose the sentence. They'll let you plead and give you probation. Then throw your name on the list of people who's 2A rights they have stripped for life. NBD [rolleyes]

maybe they should be protected. They do all the shit work for us, get paid a pittance, and get shat on all the time by racists and antifa

i agree that police, fire, and other first responders should be protected.

i also think the average joe (or carl, in my case) should receive the same consideration

I thought a&b on police and a&b on fireman was allready a separate crime? Honestly if anyone should receive extra protection in the public safety realm it should be ems workers. Often working alone and unprotected.

What a surprise. It allows cop-hating politicians to make like they love cops. Cops eat it up because they BELIEVE they are that special class.

Back
Top Bottom