Poison Ivy Removal Help

MAGG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Im looking for someone to come survey my property and my neighbors and remove the poison ivy.paid of course..I had no luck finding anyone on Craigslist. I was wondering if anyone on here does it or knows of someone they could pass info on. ive had it with the yearly pain of getting this s**t... So if anyone has used someone they recommend or do it themselves please let me know

Pilgrims Pride

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magg, Where is it growing? If it is in an area that you arent worried about, just kill it yourself.
Any non-select herbicide (round-up) will do it.
Wait till its growing well and active and spray. You may need to hit it a time or two, but it'll take the hint.

M1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Put on a pair of gloves, go outside and pull it out of the ground. Then go inside, put your clothes directly in the wash and take a thorough shower.

You will miss some and poison ivy will come back, so expect to do this every year. But it won't cost you a dime and you won't be using herbicides.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Brush Be Gone and Ortho has products specific to Poison Ivy, etc. Every year, I soak the leaves. When dried, I do pull up the vines. I live next to a wooded area so this chore is ongoing.
Best regards.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just spray it yourself. Make sure there will not be rain for a few days and douse it. I've used an ortho product years ago, there are probably more powerful ones. It's best to spray than pull out because you want to kill it, not trim it back. Pulling, you will not get it all.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a similar thread last year. I found a gal of vinegar, a cup of salt, and eight drops of dishwashing liquid does the job just as good as Round up. And for way less money. Wait for a few dry days in a row and spray a couple of times. It will die. Mixture will kill just about any plant so be careful if there is something you want to keep growing next to it. This year I'm trying to rip up the roots - holy crap they are like an underground spider web!

ntomsw

Banned
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Even if you're covered with clothing, it does nothing.

At my last house in Worcester before we moved, we had it in the shrubs we had to trim, & we would try everything, and nothing worked. We would run right in and try and take showers, etc and we still broke out the next day in poison ivy.

It sucks.

I'd pay someone to do remove it, and be done with it. Let them get it, not you.

MAGG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
thanks for the advice so far...im def not touching this stuff..i read the oils can be contagious for months . i did by some round up and hit the plants i know are ivy...ill hit em again tmrrw. its mostly my neighbors yard. i have to do his yard because he had a stroke...but im done and tired of getting this stuff yearly.. ill still look for a company. i remember 12 years ago or so i found a lesbian landscaper on CL and she removed the plants from a rental property....dont have her contact info anymore.

kurtb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
My wife has no reaction to it what so ever (just one more weird thing about her). How much will you give me to send her over??? [smile]

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed. Getting a lungful of burning poison ivy would ruin your entire day.
My father knew a guy that did that and it killed him. I guess he burned a whole bunch and then stood there to admire the fire.

Rating - 75%
3   1   0
They sell a chemical that kills it and it's roots I forgot what it's called. That mixture in a sprayer (like the back pack sprayer) that can reach from a distance so you don't have to get closer to it. That stuff is bad news...

Fired from my HTC One with high capacity storage

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My wife has no reaction to it what so ever (just one more weird thing about her). How much will you give me to send her over??? [smile]

- - - Updated - - -

My father knew a guy that did that and it killed him. I guess he burned a whole bunch and then stood there to admire the fire.
Yeah DON'T burn it.

Same goes with other stuff, like pestacides. Knew of a guy spraying permethrin on a tree, ended up in the hospital a day later. You really don't want to be breathing bad shit!

Michele

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks for the advice so far...im def not touching this stuff..i read the oils can be contagious for months . i did by some round up and hit the plants i know are ivy...ill hit em again tmrrw. its mostly my neighbors yard. i have to do his yard because he had a stroke...but im done and tired of getting this stuff yearly.. ill still look for a company. i remember 12 years ago or so i found a lesbian landscaper on CL and she removed the plants from a rental property....dont have her contact info anymore.
Lmao! I think any good landscaper can take care of it even if they aren't lesbian. Much luck to you I hate poison ivy.

Sent from an iPhone Star-Trek Communicator

Rating - 90.9%
10   1   0
I've used Round Up for some nasty areas around my property. Killed it good. It comes back (slowly) every other year but nowhere to the degree of what it was.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no reaction to any of those poisonous ivy sumac or oak but I usually stick with the all natural herbicides, same thing with insect and weed control I have a well and would like to keep my yard unpolluted.

MAGG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
i know better than to burn it...if i didnt travel so much i swear i would by a goat to eat the stuff and anything else....im using calomine, technu, and a sarna lotion..calling doc tmrrw to try to get some good stuff like steroid pack or something

rjh200

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
/Ortho-32-oz-Max-Poison-Ivy-and-Tough-Brush-Killer-Concentrate

**** poison Ivy! This stuff kills the shit out of it. I've used it at my apartment and my house and it was brown the next day. Me and poison Ivy get along worse than The Hatfields and McCoys.

This or they also make a product called root be gone. Just be aware it is going to kill everything in the area and you'll have to do it a few times.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom